[IC] TTG Chapter 2: Lust

Shamitako

(OOC: Just to clarify since it was confusing last time, you should announce your actions in bold at the start of your post then make a post in which you introduce yourself to the god as well as taking your action. Make only a single post unless another post uses its action to interact with you)

Lust Chapter - Audience Phase

Everyone - Third God's Throne Room

Gaudy. That was the only way to describe it. In direct contrast to Sloth, the throne room in the Plane of Lust was decorated with all manner of extravagance. And the man sitting in the center was the gaudiest decoration of them all. His entirely leather outfit actually squeaked slightly as he stood up.

"Hello gentlemen, laidies." He said, the way he said 'ladies' sounding quite suspicious, "I welcome you to, the domain of pleasure. The... Land of love. The castle of-"

"Ahem." Black Idol interrupted, "My lord Swagalicious, I think everyone would appreciate if you were to just skip to the formalities."

Swagalicious smiled seductively and ran his hand through his hair, "It's alright, no need to be shy, I know that I'm just too much to handle. But if you feel the need, please, introduce yourself to me. And yes, I do except phone numbers."

Black Idol clearly rolled her eyes but stepped forward as per her duties. "My lord," She said flatly, "I present to you the eight contestants of the grand tournament."

"Welcome," Swag responded, "to the Plane of Lust!"

The ear-splitting base of a music track began to play and several confetti cannons went off behind Swagalicious. Black Idol stopped her hand just short of rising to her face. The music then died down with the streamers and Swagalicious sat, awaiting introductions.

Traumatic Event:

Social skill level of at least 2 required to take a Verbal Action

(OOC: Introducing Traumatic Events! These are issues that can occur in the Audience Phase and are likely to cause a negative effect to a number of players)

Adam - Do nothing, say nothing

Adam, slightly stunned by the display, quickly stepped forward to introduce himself.

"Um, hello Lord Swagalicious." He said with a bow, "Your land is... certainly something."

He stepped back, resisting the urge to fall over. He hadn't thought anyone could be worse than Sleeping Bear, but he couldn't even find the mental capacity to deliver Lord's greeting. He felt as though the words were frozen in his throat. Was this what made Swagalicious special enough to be a god? The fact that his presence was so endlessly dominating? Adam could see that Swagalicious seemed like he could make just about anyone feel lesser than him, and someone like Adam couldn't even find the strength to speak in his presence. As odd as the Third God was, he did seem somewhat awe-inspiring

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tai - Do nothing, say nothing.

"Good to meet you...sir." Tai lightly greeted the god. Compared to the overly-extravagant room, the attire of the "god" is quite possibly more traumatic to him. Never had he seen a man dressed up so flashy, it's comparable to a Pinata. If it wasn't for the situation, he would definitely punch him in the face.

Edited by IntSys

Do nothing, say nothing

Hiroki was simply frozen in shock at the introduction the Third God was giving. This is the god? Is this what the whole plane is like? I thought HUNTER was scary. . . No! Don't freak out, just stay calm and don't say anything, it's bad enough that you revealed yourself to one person already. . . Her voice changer would have treated everyone to another unpleasant blast of static earlier when the music played. Now, however, it was as quiet as its owner, who might have actually been radiating heat from how profusely she was blushing underneath her hood.

Ricochet - Do nothing, say nothing

Lawrence was... overwhelmed, to say the least, and moaned faintly before falling over. He'd probably have to be dragged out when the Audience Phase ended. If one looked at his face, they'd be able to see that his eyes were wide open, with one of them twitching.

Edited by K_H

Sully- Do Nothing, Say Nothing

The Mechanic for once had no snippy comment upon meeting the ruler of the circle. It was all he could do infact to shake his head in annoyance and grip the bridge of his nose in an attempt to filter out some of the raw, uncut Tackiness occurring before him.

"Alright, Sleeping Bear I can at least understand that he's vastly stronger of mind than anyone would think, or even able to match... but how the fuck did this joker become a god? What, is his defining, Humanity surpassing Achievement that he can literally make people cringe to death?"

"Who knows, maybe it is...be careful what you wish for, you might just be the next victim," Asmo promptly directed the man's attention over to the half-wit who had been so shocked he'd apparently gone brain dead on the floor. Sully felt his Cringe levels creep up again, ever so closer to lethal heights.

"A no-nuts excuse for a pilot who faints at the slightest loud noise... well, I bet I know who won't be winning his match in this Realm"

Before the machine could further comment, the master had already turned his attention back to the Tackiest being in all the land as he took but one step forward.

"Nice to meet you, or some standard crap like that..." he trailed off, obviously more concerned with just getting this whole experience over and out of the way than putting up any type of courtesy...didn't even bow in the slightest, infact. But then again, courtesy was something he seldom exercised in conversation, and he certainly didn't express it to Douche Bags at that. The less he had to talk to this bloke or hear his voice, the better.

Morgan - Do nothing, Say nothing

Morgan was a bit... thrown off to say the least. Sure, it's not surprising that the Third God, who ruled the Plane of Lust, would try to flirt with the girls, but the grand introduction was... well, she thought he was overdoing it a bit. She was a little weirded out by the whole thing. Actually, she's completely lost at this point. Anything and everything that she could think of just seemed like it could backfire on her somehow. The only things she could think of are either A: Do absolutely nothing and keep her mouth shut, or B: Suck it up and at least introduce herself. If it was anyone else, then option B might be easier on her.

Unfortunately, it wasn't anyone else and she hates the idea altogether. Of course, that's why the "suck it up" part is there, but that really doesn't make things easier. Still, it's not the worst​ thing she could think of. All Morgan really has to hope for is for him to​ ​​not try anything, regardless of whether it's serious or not. However, the chances of that happening are slim to none. How slim, you ask? Try a piece of paper. He is the God of Lust, after all. And the shy girl knows that she doesn't want that kind of attention. Like... at all.

...Option A it is, then. Morgan's gonna keep her mouth shut on this one!

Edited by Komodojoe

Mommo - Talk to the god, Walk out

(Social rank 2 - Overcome Traumatic Event)

The texts Mommo received on her HUD during the travel... She could still see them clearly, engraved into her memory. The alleged Aries told her to walk out of today's audience and come to the fire escape. Apparently, he was going to help her win. She pondered on the idea heavily afterwards. She had hundreds of thousands of suspicions regarding this offer, but still, perhaps because of her newfound... wrath, she opted to actually do it. Besides, even if it were against the rules, Gods were well important and powerful enough to have authority over bending them to their will.

And so, as everyone else trembled in the face of Swagalicious's little show, Mommo put one of her feet to the front, stepping out of line, but still bowing as per the procedure, mind you. Oddly enough however, the step resounded against the floor. Little Mommo was wearing shoes. And the pillow was tightly squeezed under one of her arms, instead of lazily dragging on the floor. This was enough to sway the attention towards her and allow her to excuse herself. She avoided any possible eye contact with the HUNTER, though. She still didn't know exactly how to feel about that, despite directing these emotions to fueling her anger.

mommolust_by_ninjacyndaquil-dab2lpa.jpg

"I am the Slumbering Giant. This place of yours... Flamboyant. I dislike that." She muttered to the god. "At least you could be resting in this luxury, instead of prepairing these meaningless shows."

She then turned and looked towards the exit. "Excuse me, I need to go to the restroom... after witnessing all of this." The last part was spoken into her chin, more to herself. The god most likely wouldn't be able to hear the whisper.

If allowed, Mommo would then walk out of the room and proceed towards the arranged meeting place, the fire escape. Whatever awaited her there was unknown.

(OOC: The rest of you shall suffer your inevitable defeat once you are assembled together!)

Mommo

Mommo rounded the final corner before the fire escape. A man stood a ways down the hall in front of the door that led out. Mommo walked closer and found to her surprise that she was meeting with Sleeping Bear. He rubbed his beard in an impatient manner, as though he would rather be anywhere else. He shifted uncomfortably, and as he did so his eyes took notice of Mommo's presence. Unsurprisingly, his eyelids were drooping as though he were half asleep. Surprisingly, he jogged over with little effort.

"Thank goodness you showed up." He said, "I was thinking Wrathboy made me take that train for nothing."

He held out his hand, in his palm sat a small sphere attached to a chain.

"This is a heartrate stabilizer, they're made to help you meditate." He explained, "Not really sure what use you'll have for it, as far as I know, I'm pretty alone in fighting while meditating. But hey, maybe you'll figure it out. If you can manage to get the hang of combat meditation you can pretty much prevent any form of system disruption. Pretty good against EMPs and mental assaults. Though I gotta be honest, I'll still be rooting for the guy with dreads, just owed Aries a favor."

Kagarin - Say nothing, do something characterising

Kagari stood before the god of her home realm, basking in the pleasant musk that floated faintly through the air. It felt good to be home. Her clothing was slightly different from usual: unlike the tube top and shorts she commonly favored, she was currently adorned in a large, heavy, black robe. As for the reason behind this change, it was because she knew she would be meeting with Swagilicious, and thus had prepared an appropriate introduction. His aura of fabulousness made it very difficult to say anything beyond an introduction, even for her, but that would be sufficient.

She stepped forward from the line of candidates, being careful not to step on the fainted man, and presented herself before her god. With a flourish, she divested herself of her robe, revealing what she was wearing underneath. That is to say, nothing. Naked as the day she was born, the each of the inner sides of both her breasts displayed a faded scar in the shape of a "V", the two scars perfect reflections of each other. Leaving her robe on the ground, she took a few more steps forward, proffering a deep curtsey.

"My god, it is an honor to stand in your presence. Would that I could give my true name, but circumstances dictate that I introduce myself as LOLI_HUNTER. My number is..."

Kagari lowered her voice such that only the god could hear it as she divulged her contact information. With that, she curtsied again and wheeled around, returning to the line of participants, her robe lying forsaken on the ground.

A short burst of static is heard as Hiroki makes a small choking noise in response to Kagari's disrobing. I know this shouldn't be so shocking, but still...! People fainting, Slumbering Giant storming out (well not STORMING, but compared to her usual manner it may as well have been), and now this? She had no idea how to even approach thinking about LOLI_HUNTER at this point. Her eyes awkwardly skated between staring directly at the woman and staring anywhere but at her. Wait, are those scars? What. . . what are they from, why would they be there? No, no, don't let your mind wander, focus on planning for the next match. . .

Swagalicious

Flamboyant? Sweet, that had been exactly what he was going for. Sain took a moment for an internal fist-pumping session. It seemed no one else was able to overcome his almighty glory, but he did manage to get a number off the nudist girl. Not that he would be calling it, he'd been clean for just under four years. Based on how the others seemed to feel about LOLI_HUNTER's appearance, he guessed that none of them were Lust natives. One of eight made sense if you went by the numbers, most of the contestants were probably from Pride and Greed after all.

"It is lovely to meet you all." Sain said, "As I recall, Lord wants me to give you some "exposition" as she called it involving my origins, but I fear learning more of me would be overwhelming for you, so instead I'm going to tell you about my predecessor: Future Seeker. Future Seeker had the power to determine her own fate, and used this power to create a paradox where she died but also lived. And as it so happens, killing yourself in battle gives you whole lot of Favor, thus she earned the right to one of the Planes. She never told me why she chose this one, but she ended up turning it into a very prosperous land."

Sain tried his best not to hang his head, to keep up appearances and not show the remorse he held. He mostly succeeded, but the observant eye could likely see the sorrow in his own eyes.

"Anyways, you can go now." He continued, "I'll have the arena data sent to your datascreens. Enjoy your stay in the land of endless pleasure."

With that, he snapped his fingers and a massive hot pink curtain fell between the God and the contestants.

Lust Chapter - Combat Phase, Island Field

The stands were alive with motion. The crowd that had gathered in Lust was a lively one. Several vendors milled about selling hot dogs held in a thin, sugary membrane. Notably, a good number of the crowd were at least partially nude. The field itself was like a mess of tropical islands. The water was quite deep, plenty of room to sink to the bottom, and each of the "islands" looked large enough to hold only one full mech. There was no gate, instead the contestants would be dropped onto a random island from above and have the defensive field shut behind them

Silent Requiem vs. Hellfire Knight

Adam couldn't deny that he was nervous, Hellfire Knight seemed like it would be well equipped to defeat him, and he had lost the considerably easier fight last time. This arena would afford him several advantages in both defense and mobility--his specialties. His submersible nature would allow him to easily outmaneuver his FAD opponent. And HK's name heavily implied flame-based attacks; normally a detriment to him, this field would likely make them an advantage. He was certain that this time he would not underestimate his opponent, the slightest mistake on his part would certainly lead to a loss. He double checked that all his systems were in order, and then signaled the crane operator that he was ready for the drop. As he fell alongside his opponent, he couldn't help but feel a rush of adrenaline. This wasn't the sort of place where you just won fights, here you had to kick and claw and scream. It was a new sensation, and one he was not totally opposed to.

(OOC: just in case it wasn't entirely clear, both competitors drop at the same time, so you can write in the other competitor dropping even if they haven't posted yet)

Supernova VS Slumbering Giant

Supernova was dropped on a grassy island. The deep blue waters hinted its depth. The field was unkind to him; The vast expanse of water may steal his accumulated heat very easily, should he be careless. The opposing giant sat comfortably on an island across from him, almost as if the island's their throne.
The waves crash against the island Supernova's standing on...he's fighting against the giant and the field.

He turned on his mic, "Best of luck."

Supernova put his fists before him, like a professional boxer. He could only imagine the amount of weaponry hidden within the ironclad giant. He leaned forward slightly.

He trusted his fists a lot. Against sword-wielders, these fists wouldn't help much, but if it was any other weaponry, these fists can serve as riot shields. After all, they are able to sink into heavy armor. Bombshells and lasers are no different.

Ricochet Vs. LOLI_HUNTER

As the two of them dropped onto the field, Ricochet took a quick look around before quickly using one of his Grappling Hands to pull himself over to one of the Islands, then fired off a missile and a laser at his opponent. He'd try to keep some distance between the two of their mechs for the entire battle unless he wanted to get up-close and personal.

Revenant vs Strider

"Here we go again..." Asmodeus' voice was the only sound that pierced the whistling acceleration of freefall. Solomon opened his eyes with a single inhale, the relay streaming beneath his lids still going strong even now. To think, the timid girl he'd met the night before would be none other than his next opponent... her dossier vanished now just as it had then with a mere thought. Speed, Firepower, Defense. A combination he'd seen more than his fair share of times... a combination he had destroyed more than his fair share of times. And the field was mostly water to boot; combine it with his mastery of the Electromagnetism... and he should've felt confident, despite whatever the Match-up analysis pegged his odds as.

"Let's just get this over with..." He mentally muttered as the units finally made landfall, the inertia compensation immediately kicking in. Solomon barely felt it at all as Revenant automatically rose from a kneel and into a battle ready stance atop the small jutty of earth. He took one look at the crowd of... liberally dressed individuals and felt another shiver run through him as he caught sight of the fattest, pastiest bloke he'd even seen. Buck and bold. As naked as the day he was born. "I'm... really... fucking done with this place. They can run around in the buff all they want, it's their plane and their laws, I don't much give a fuck... but damn could I certainly do with a mind scrub after this mess."

"Well, I mean, what were you expecting? A good portion of the populace is nudist. Hell, I would've thought you'd enjoy it here..."

"Yeah, well... I wish that old man over there and a few others weren't a part of that 'Good portion'. Infact, I'd kinda prefer if all of em put something on. The only person I'm really interested in seeing naked is Sasha..."

"My, just when I was about to compliment you as being more of a chivalrous romeo than I thought, you prove me wrong. But hey, who knows? Why_not test the waters, try to expand a bit past that on-again off-again fling of yours, live out a few fantasies? Who would know if you did, who would tell? Hell, perhaps one of the finer women in the crowd would be willing for a date; there's plenty of fish in this arena-"

"Asmo?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up. You know I ain't about that life."

Despite the back and forth- at a neural speed, but back and forth nonetheless -the Mechanic was anything but distracted from the battle about to be waged. Mind and body were separate realms, and while his mind sighed continually in exasberation, the body needn't any direct orders to prepare for carnage. Already, Ragnorok was out in a literal flash, thunder cracking in the sky like a mighty stead as the bolt he fired from her glorious face struck the protective field and fizzled away with a dazzling flash. Nowhere near what he was fully capable of, but enough to send a few of the more excitable members of the audience into more of a titty tizzy than they already were. Even a bit put off by the sights thus far, it seemed showing off before a fight was ingrained into his very muscle and bone.

"Set Ragnorok to High Frequency. That armor isn't going to break like a tin can like Supernova's did."

"Already done."

"Prime the sabers." He sighed "Make sure everything's flowing like it should..."

"Done as well."

"Good... let's get this shit over with. The sooner I can go back to the train and forget what I saw here, the better... a God who looks and acts like he would be better employed as the lead singer to a Boy Band, some damn crazy chick striping naked like it's a bad porno... flabby ass grandpas... old grannies with breasts sagging to the floor..."

Even as he spoke the words, the scans he fired off earlier were returning with their results. There were perks to being a mechanic... perks like being able to identify the power cell readings coming from the back of his opponent. Judging from it's size, he thought it was pretty safe to say it was likely the powersource of the unit... or at least a very big contributing factor to it's supply. And common sense told him the hulking Cannon mounted on the shoulder was likely either the main armament or the Coup De Grace...

Already, a few variants of the most efficient kill strategy began surging through the network connecting man and machine. His visor flashed red...

and he waited. Waited, and watched.

Hellfire Knight vs. Silent Requiem

Hiroki tried to control her breathing, taking deep, measured breaths. Silent Requiem, Silent Requiem, that's a SAD right? I can handle that, I can do this easily, just have to keep calm. He's probably going to try and annoy me or something, have to keep cool, okay. She took one last deep breath, exhaled, and then signaled for the drop. People are watching this time, I'll show them that I can do this! . . . Okay don't pay attention to the crowd. It was impossible to see, but she blushed underneath her helmet. As she dropped, she immediately gave a simple order to the onboard AI: "Thrusters at max; thrusters maintain hover." Her descent onto the field slowed noticeably, and she touched the ground lightly (at least for a mech of Hellfire Knight's size) and kicked off backward, away from her opponent, keeping one of the islands between herself and Silent Requiem if at all possible, at least for the moment, as the water rippled beneath her dangling boots.

Adam landed roughly on an island not too far from Hellfire Knight, bouncing twice before coming to a rest. Seeing HK back off, Adam rolled forward. It was best to not let her get a long distance on him, at east not before he knew what she did. Of course, she had no idea what he did either, plus his mech design was an oddity, maybe she was more worried about him than he was of her? Whatever the case, he kicked into gear and sped directly towards her, kicking up a spray of water behind him. Not really aiming for a hit, just trying to gauge her maneuverability. Still, if she proved unable to dodge effectively it would be nice. As he did so, he opened a communication channel to begin his verbal assault

"Hey little girl." He said calmly, "I'm sorry to say that I'm not as big a fan as that stupid Lowlee bitch."

It hadn't been hard to figure out that HK was a female, the way she walked was far from masculine. He was only guessing when he called her little, however, but it felt right. It simply seemed childish to wear such a complex disguise, a simple mask was more than enough for anyone wishing to hide their identity

The girl's eyes narrowed at her enemy's approach. A sphere? That's weird. . . "Set standard routine, modifier s-lock," she spoke to her mech, and the guns on it flared to life, beginning to spray fire across a wide area in front of her, with the two shoulder cannons aiming their shots directly into Silent Requiem's path and attempting to secure a full target lock. The onboard communicator buzzed to life, however, just after she did so.

"Hey little girl." He said calmly, "I'm sorry to say that I'm not as big a fan as that stupid Lowlee bitch."

"How did you- Hey, leave Kagari out of this!" She growled in anger, both at her opponent and herself. Shouldn't have used her name-! She declined to dodge, instead preparing herself for a punishing slam attack that she would attempt as soon as her opponent was in range. Right as he was about to impact her, she would blast her thrusters and swing her main cannon at Silent Requiem like the mech was an oversized baseball. If it connected, she would follow up with a short blast from said cannon.

LOLI_HUNTER v.s. Ricochet

Kagari briefly scanned the crowd during the time she was dropping on to her designated island. She frowned. No lolis in sight. She sighed as she dejectedly began to focus on the battle. She should have known. One reason she was so addicted to the loli ideal was the relative scarcity of it on her home plane. Apparently, many people considered Lust to be a bit unsafe for raising children. She clicked her teeth in annoyance. What nonsense. She grew up on this plane, and she turned out completely fine...

"Whoa!"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sense of impending danger as her opponent launched an attack. Reacting quickly, she ducked under the missile and leapt over the path of the laser.

"...a bit hasty, no?"

The moment her feet touched the ground again, she deployed her bit system in a scattered formation, creating a grid which covered about half the arena. A panel on her leg slid open, from whence she retrieved a pole which unfolded itself into a spear as long as she was tall. A thin, strong cable emerged from the spear's shaft and connected to a slot in her wrist. Holding that spear in her right hand, with numerous steel wires emerging from her left wrist, hanging limply, she took a ready stance as she tracked her opponent's movements with a focused gaze.

Slumbering Giant VS Supernova

The heavy mech clunk to the ground at the same time as her opponent. Inside, Mommo was tightly gripping the controls in her hands, while using her feet to check all systems. From her neck dangled the small sphere she'd received earlier. The fact she'd found Bear out of all the people waiting for her at the fire escape still boggled her, but he'd said he had a debt to repay. Either way, she was grateful, albeit a bit suspicious of the item. Allbof this could have been orchestrated to remove her from the competition. Still, she planned to try this thing out in this battle. A test ride of sorts. She wasn't expecting it to work, but alas, nothing was ever certain, as much as she wanted it to be. If she had any sense of irony, she'd probably have laughed at the very thought of God of Wrath giving her an item that was supposed to help her alleviate her emotions, but she didn't.

She lost the fight against the HUNTER, she wasn't planning on losing this one as well.

"..." She responded to the man's voice with silence. Wishing her luck when so much was at stake... The HUNTER was deranged, but this guy was probably just stupid. "Mhm." She responded after a few moments regardless. That pose of his wasn't going to help him against her, she just needed to charge her cannon up. She wouldn't be able to make use of her ability in this field to cause an earthquake and honestly, she was a bit worried about the watery depths surrounding her since her mech was definitely not gonna be able to do much but sink to the bottom if it's pushed (a big if, though, since Slumbering Giant prided itself in it's immovability), but she didn't need to worry about the opponent being able to dodge much either. They could only hope to jump around the islands to avoid her artillery, but they were also vulnerable in mid air.

Speaking of islands...

All systems were go. There was no time to waste, it was time to put the opponent to the test. The mech's right hand opened to reveal an energy cannon which Mommo didn't point at her enemy, instead, she pointed it at the surface of the other island. Firing off a blast of concentrated energy, she watched as the dark blue ray made contact with it and made short work of what little ground was above surface.

With one island already gone before the battle had even begun, Mommo pointed the cannon at her enemy, almost threateningly so, as all of the compartments in her mech's body opened up to reveal machine guns, cluster grenades, rocket missiles and laser cannons.

"Now we fight."

Supernova VS Slumbering Giant

"Such confidence, huh." Tai thought to himself.

The mech's jets started whirling, and then, it let out a loud bang, sending shockwaves across the water. It was flying a meter over the surface, causing a huge amount of ripples. It circled the arena half a lap, trying to reach the giant's back. While circling the arena, Tai intentionally drove the mech closer to each island.

The mech's heating up rapidly...

Hellfire Knight's spray of attacks proved to be little issue, as they failed to lock onto Adam immediately. HK went to use her cannon as a bat, trying to fling Adam back. It was a logical choice, after all he was a ball. She successfully connected, but Silent Requiem didn't fly that easily, instead of flying backward, his armor contorted oddly and he went straight up. She fired her cannon off, but he was already directly above her.

"Kagari is it?" He said over the comm, "I didn't realize you two were already on a first name basis."

He flew straight down from above, firing off several small machinegun bursts at her wings, trying to knock out some of the thrusters. He knew he was open to attack, but it was unlikely that HK had any attack powerful enough to change his course before he struck her. He aimed for the wings with his bludgeoning attack as well, doing his best to smash them

Ricochet v. LOLI_HUNTER

LOLI_HUNTER's tactical field of bits didn't cover Ricochet's location, so he was safe from them for now.

Ricochet only needed to take one look at the spear to know that his opponent intended to use it on him. Underneath the armor plating, he smiled to himself, already coming up with a plan to defeat them.

Let's see how they react when I do THIS!

He then shot his mech's hands at the pole, aiming to grab ahold of it.

Hiroki spun around and started to skate backward across the water as her enemy flew straight up, though the body of her mech shuddered as machinegun fire tore into the wings. The point defenses flared to life and turned some of the incoming projectiles into harmless molten globs, but the cannons simply weren't fast enough to keep up with something traveling at supersonic speeds, not with such a limited timeframe in which to target it.

The girl was still enraged. As he started to careen back down, all she could think about was his smug attitude, the way he'd dismissed both her disguise and her newfound friend. The feeling of smashing her cannon into that stupid ball wasn't nearly satisfying enough. "Maybe you should get on a first name basis with a GIGA FLARE!" As she shouted, a massive wall of superheated gas and pain erupted forth from all of the guns on her mech, the recoil sending Hiroki backward toward the island. Even if the powerful blast didn't deter Silent Requiem enough, it should be enough to put her over it enough that she would at least be knocked backward into or onto it.

(OOC: I hate to tell you this Murdoc, but you've made a bit of a mistake)

A Giga Flare, in other words a giant wall of energy. Energy attacks were bad, very bad. They were bad because they could melt through small areas of his mech at high speed, forcing him to heal a large amount and thinning out his armor. But this wasn't a small energy blast, this was a massive wave. He hit it full force, spinning rapidly and spreading the heat evenly around his shell. The heat from the plasma rapidly transferred to his armor, melting the mech's outer plating and turning the plasma back to a gas as it cooled. He was actually lucky that Hellfire Knight had moved out of position, as it caused him to strike the water instead of melting into her mech's frame.

"Ah, Giga Flare, seems like a lovely young lady." He jeered, "But not really my type."

Adam's armor rapidly cooled back to a solid metal, with only a small amount being lost to the attack, and a column of steam rose in his wake. He sank slowly as Favor shifted his armor around, molding it back into its spherical shape. Being underwater would afford him a certain level of protection from her attacks, so he hoped to take a moment to repair

LOLI_HUNTER v.s. Ricochet

"Hoh...?"

Kagari raised an eyebrow as her opponent launched his hands at her direction without warning. She instinctively intercepted the path of the hands with the spear, while cables emerged from her right wrist to secure it to her hand.

"Ah, so that's his gimmick. I see. A grappler, huh? In that case...!"

Moving quickly, using the momentum from swinging up the spear to intercept the attack, she changed the angle of the spear, keeping the length of its shaft parallel to the path which her opponent's hands had followed. At the same time, from her back, a group of wires shot outwards and backwards, digging into the ground of the island, anchoring her firmly.

"Now then, what will you do...?"