Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
46 minutes ago, UltimateHayate said:

is there a name rater in this game? because when i nicknamed my corphish, half of the name disappeared right after.

Name Rater is in Cianosa City (the second city). 

I'll fix the Pawniard starter bug when I get back next month. 

Update about not having wifi: at the place I was going to stay at, a lot of appliances didn't work, there was a cigarette next to a pillow, a fire hazard with a bed right on top of a heater, among other things. So I'm staying at someplace else for the week and they do have wifi. 

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Name Rater is in Cianosa City (the second city). 

I'll fix the Pawniard starter bug when I get back next month. 

Update about not having wifi: at the place I was going to stay at, a lot of appliances didn't work, there was a cigarette next to a pillow, a fire hazard with a bed right on top of a heater, among other things. So I'm staying at someplace else for the week and they do have wifi. 

I pray for your safety 

• Upvote 1

I just finished playing episode three and a half and really enjoyed it! I really love the free starter choice aspect, allowing you to choose your favorite or just straight up overpower your opposition from the start. In my opinion, this adds a great deal of replayability due to the current lack of availability of some pokemon outside of starter choice (r.i.p bagon line), as well as the ability to play some pokemon early. The ultra beasts seem a little out of place to me though, arguably being comparable to legendaries. 

The difficulty also strikes a nice balance between the normal pokemon games and the more difficult fangames. Gym leaders do pack teams of 6 pokemon and rival/villain battles are more challenging than normally, but require no team changes or clutch strategies unless one is poorly prepared. I found the first gym much more difficult than all subsequent ones, though. Lack of time to prepare on my part and the use of non-evolving pokemon by the leader in particular contribute to this. (Do I need to spoiler tag this?)

I noticed a few potential bugs:

Spoiler

King's shield always fails: Aegislash changes stances properly, but no damage negation is done, significantly hampering aegislash's defensive prowess.

Some pokemon are incapable of obtaining (and maybe even spawning with) their hidden abilities, nor will ability capsules work. This in particular bothered me with respect to using garchomp and alakazam, as they are stuck with sand veil and synchronize respectively.

All in all this is a great fangame and I'll be looking forward to future releases.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Specific said:

I just finished playing episode three and a half and really enjoyed it! I really love the free starter choice aspect, allowing you to choose your favorite or just straight up overpower your opposition from the start. In my opinion, this adds a great deal of replayability due to the current lack of availability of some pokemon outside of starter choice (r.i.p bagon line), as well as the ability to play some pokemon early. The ultra beasts seem a little out of place to me though, arguably being comparable to legendaries. 

The difficulty also strikes a nice balance between the normal pokemon games and the more difficult fangames. Gym leaders do pack teams of 6 pokemon and rival/villain battles are more challenging than normally, but require no team changes or clutch strategies unless one is poorly prepared. I found the first gym much more difficult than all subsequent ones, though. Lack of time to prepare on my part and the use of non-evolving pokemon by the leader in particular contribute to this. (Do I need to spoiler tag this?)

I noticed a few potential bugs:

Hide contents

King's shield always fails: Aegislash changes stances properly, but no damage negation is done, significantly hampering aegislash's defensive prowess.

Some pokemon are incapable of obtaining (and maybe even spawning with) their hidden abilities, nor will ability capsules work. This in particular bothered me with respect to using garchomp and alakazam, as they are stuck with sand veil and synchronize respectively.

All in all this is a great fangame and I'll be looking forward to future releases.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I'll take a look at King's Shield when I get back next month (I'm currently away for a month with only mobile internet access). As for the hidden abilities, that's been known for a few months. I'd link to the post that has the information, but it'd take a long time to link to a post on this mobile browser. The basic explanation is that Pokemon with three abilities can only have their third ability when encountered in the wild, and I had extreme difficulty trying to make them normally obtainable. I can change to their third ability if players send me their save file, but again as I'm away for a month I don't have access to the game right now, so I can't do it at the moment.

I know that some people consider Ultra Beasts legendaries, but I personally don't (except for Solgaleo and Lunala, and Necrozma if it is one). The others strike me as ordinary species in the Ultra Space dimension (meaning it doesn't seem like they're considered legendary in Ultra Space). 

You'll actually learn a little bit about the Ultra Beasts in relation to Spork's timeline after battling the next Gym Leader in the full ep 4.

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

Well in S/M you encounter multiple UBs of the same species so they wouldn't be called legends. More like really rare pokemon

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons they seem like normal species in Ultra Space to me. I consider Ultra Beasts a notable non-legend group like the regional starters, Eeveelutions, etc. 

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, babz16 said:

Are you able to catch pawniard in the wild/ev training area? If you can catch it, can you let me know where?

Pawniard can be found in the wild in Dark Dungeon. 

There's a notepad file in the game folder titled "obtainablepokemon" that lists all the currently obtainable Pokemon outside the starter event as well as how or where to get them. 

23 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Pawniard can be found in the wild in Dark Dungeon. 

There's a notepad file in the game folder titled "obtainablepokemon" that lists all the currently obtainable Pokemon outside the starter event as well as how or where to get them. 

thank you

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

So i was battling Gina and she sent out  Mimikyu and when i hit it with a Psyshock disguise didnt proc which was weird. Just telling you

The gen7movesandabilities notepad file lists the abilities and moves from Gen 7 that are in. I haven't been able to find a script for Disguise. 

• Global Mods

It's okay. I appreciate the report anyway. 

Something I forgot to mention is that before I left for a month, I went through all the Pokemon not obtainable yet and decided which area(s) they'll appear. Normally I half plan in advance and half decide as I go (many Pokemon locations have already been decided since I started working on Spork), but since there's not many Pokemon still unobtainable, it was easy to just go through and decide for all of them at once. So here's the remaining lists. 

Second half of ep 4 (these were in the original ep 4 list, but that was before the episode was split in half)

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
Grimer/Muk
Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Lapras
Munchlax/Snorlax
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
Croagunk/Toxicroak
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Skrelp/Dragalge
Clauncher/Clawitzer
Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra
Drampa

Nihilego
Pheromosa

Ep 5

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Ekans/Arbok
Mawile
Lunatone
Solrock
Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
Skorupi/Drapion
Klefki
Salandit/Salazzle
Oranguru
Passimian
Minior
Turtonator
Xurkitree
Kartana

Ep 6

Alolan Diglett/Alolan Dugtrio
Chinchou/Lanturn
Phanpy/Donphan
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Hippopotas/Hippowdon
Drilbur/Excadrill
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Carbink

Ep 7

All legendary Pokemon

• Upvote 2

I've downloaded Spork 3 1/2 and earned seven badges so far, nut I've run into a very frustrating problem:  None of my Pokémon that should evolve with max happiness, will evolve.  I've had them take turns walking around with the Soothe Bell; I've taken them to the groomer; I've gorged them on happiness-for-EV berries.  But my Riolu is still a Riolu four daylight-earned levels later; the Budew I caught at level 2 is still a Budew at level 33/mac happiness/daylight.  Is this a known bug or have you changed any of the non-trade evolutions?  (I already know about Link Stones.)

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, ISNorden said:

I've downloaded Spork 3 1/2 and earned seven badges so far, nut I've run into a very frustrating problem:  None of my Pokémon that should evolve with max happiness, will evolve.  I've had them take turns walking around with the Soothe Bell; I've taken them to the groomer; I've gorged them on happiness-for-EV berries.  But my Riolu is still a Riolu four daylight-earned levels later; the Budew I caught at level 2 is still a Budew at level 33/mac happiness/daylight.  Is this a known bug or have you changed any of the non-trade evolutions?  (I already know about Link Stones.)

I haven't changed any of the happiness evolutions. I've never heard of this happening before, so I don't know if happiness is somehow bugged or if it's just taking your Pokemon an extremely long amount of time. 

In the next update when I get back home in mid-June though (which I'm not sure if will be a re-upload of 3 and a Half or the full ep 4) I'm making all Pokemon species have max happiness by default. The other day I remembered how in the old development thread for Spork before it had an episode release, someone suggested starters having higher happiness since the player already had their Pokemon before the start of the game. Originally Spork just had the usual regional starters, and I did set them to max happiness by default, but recently realized I never did so for the others after I changed to every non-legendary being a starter option. So as of the next update, all Pokemon (not just during the starter event but all species as a whole) will have max happiness from the start. 

This can't change the happiness value of Pokemon you've already obtained, however. But when I get back home, if they're still not evolved you can send me your save file and I'll evolve them for you. (unfortunately I can't do so right now as I only have mobile internet access until I get home) 

You're more generous then Desolation when it comes to pokemon lol. Even though Spork isn't really a Desolation type game, it's still really generous, and most fangames give you caterpie or something like that. Spork's been really fun and has exceeded my expections. Nice job. (Although the maps are to big...)

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
16 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

You're more generous then Desolation when it comes to pokemon lol. Even though Spork isn't really a Desolation type game, it's still really generous, and most fangames give you caterpie or something like that. Spork's been really fun and has exceeded my expections. Nice job. (Although the maps are to big...)

I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing it but I have plans to reduce the size of the maps that still have a lot of space at some point. When I was making the rooms of the Underwater Hotel I kept reminding myself not to make them as big as the Virima Hotel's rooms. 

14 hours ago, IronWallFist said:

I noticed a strange error/bug, when I defeated Mimikyu, I ended up gaining 2 Special Attack EVs instead of 2 Special Defense EVs each time.

I'll fix Mimikyu's EVs when I get home next month.