Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

SPRING

zLHvSknwEhEAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

NtZOittj6QQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Since the Forest of Feeling has been completed for Enigma's map revamp project, I used the revamped version in Delicia's Return to Dreamland. I wanted Spring's announcement to be this not just because of the Lymonade performance but also to show the new Forest of Feeling. 

I'm not finished with the events on this map yet. I'm in the process of doing the interview, and I set the event placements for the performance. 

I'd also like to thank Solviera for making the candy Ampharos backsprite! In Spork, it doesn't have a backsprite since only Delicia has it and it isn't obtained by the player, but here Delicia is the player. 

37F3McjCSyef2inNT0Oceg.png

The reason Delicia's Pokemon aren't nicknamed and her Ampharos is male in the screenshot while female in Spork is because I'm not sure how to specify nicknames, genders, etc. when giving the player Pokemon, and I also think the character limit on nicknames is shorter for the player than it is for other trainers. but canonically/through gameplay and story separation all of the nicknames still exist. (and the Volcarona isn't nicknamed because it doesn't belong to a trainer)

Similar to how in DDDL there were a few maps that had a move relearner, in Delicia's Return to Dreamland every map where Delicia battles has a move relearner NPC along with an NPC who gives Delicia all the TMs her Pokemon can learn for free (this NPC disappears once you've gotten the TMs). 

edit: also

image.png.6b81d89823d3df724241a488a86fa55f.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

WINTER

image.png.d741998123e21ec22766669efe7d5eda.png

w9YWzTdZ7GEfgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

✨

I've also updated the Summer screenshot a few posts up, since some characters have received updated sprites. Palletite and Steffi made new sprites for Delicia + Felicia''s parents (+I gave their dad sunglasses), Belinda, Belladonna, Stryker, Ryoko (directly behind Delicia in the summer and winter screenshots), as well as some different sprites for DDDL too for what some the characters looked like years before Spork! All of the updated sprites look amazing and I'm thankful to Palletite and Steffi for making them!

TRUE ARENA

ZNgMGAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

People who've played the Kirby games might be familiar with this concept. Some of the Kirby games have postgame modes called The Area and True Arena, which are basically boss rush modes. The True Arena here will be the same. You'll battle every character from Spork as Delicia, including Delicia herself. The reward is the password for a new area in the next reupload of Spork where you can endlessly shiny hunt event Pokemon that can normally only be obtained once. The True Arena is an optional area that can be done at the end of Return to Dreamland. 

• Like 2

ok so, this may or may not have been asked already but im to lazy to go through all 74 pages to try and find it if it has, but i wanted to ask is there any way to set my Pokemons EV's and IV's to a specific value? if so could yo be so kind as to tell me, i just hate seeing my poor little deino getting smooshed all the time because of his awful starting values 

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, electrorainbow said:

ok so, this may or may not have been asked already but im to lazy to go through all 74 pages to try and find it if it has, but i wanted to ask is there any way to set my Pokemons EV's and IV's to a specific value? if so could yo be so kind as to tell me, i just hate seeing my poor little deino getting smooshed all the time because of his awful starting values 

There isn't an in-game way to set them; I know there are a few games that have items that do that but I don't know how to make them. However, if you send me your save file I can set your EVs and IVs to whatever you'd like them to be.

(it might take around an hour for me to be able to since my laptop is restarting because of a Windows update and dinner is also soon, but I'm willing to when I'm able)

9 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There isn't an in-game way to set them; I know there are a few games that have items that do that but I don't know how to make them. However, if you send me your save file I can set your EVs and IVs to whatever you'd like them to be.

(it might take around an hour for me to be able to since my laptop is restarting because of a Windows update and dinner is also soon, but I'm willing to when I'm able)

problem is, i dont know how to do that ,_, could you please send me a message on how to?

Edited by electrorainbow

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, electrorainbow said:

problem is, i dont know how to do that ,_, could you please send me a message on how to?

Sorry, I should have linked the guide. This guide was made for Reborn but works with all Essentials/RPG Maker fangames: https://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/save/

Hello, I just made this account because of you and your wonderful game. I've been playing it for two days now and I love it. ❤️

I did notice two things though that I thought you should know.
1) When trying to pick a starter, it would ask if I wanted Ditto, but the Yes and No option box would not appear and I couldn't select it. (I didn't think to get a screenshot then.. My apologies.)

2) I just found a shiny female Poliwag which made me super happy since it's the first wild shiny I've ever found. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, she is invisible while in battle... 

I didn't really know what to do for my Pollyanna, and forums like this are extremely foreign to me. If I messed up in anyway, I apologize and will try to make up for it. 
Thank you very much for your efforts and time! 🙂

Pokemon Spork Bug 02.PNG

Pokemon Spork Bug 01.PNG

• Like 2

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Minutus said:

Hello, I just made this account because of you and your wonderful game. I've been playing it for two days now and I love it. ❤️

I did notice two things though that I thought you should know.
1) When trying to pick a starter, it would ask if I wanted Ditto, but the Yes and No option box would not appear and I couldn't select it. (I didn't think to get a screenshot then.. My apologies.)

2) I just found a shiny female Poliwag which made me super happy since it's the first wild shiny I've ever found. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, she is invisible while in battle... 

I didn't really know what to do for my Pollyanna, and forums like this are extremely foreign to me. If I messed up in anyway, I apologize and will try to make up for it. 
Thank you very much for your efforts and time! 🙂

Pokemon Spork Bug 02.PNG

Pokemon Spork Bug 01.PNG

Hello, I'm glad you're enjoying Spork! I didn't know about the Ditto issue, and I'll fix it tomorrow. Thank you for letting me know. The shiny backsprite alignment issue has been fixed for the next reupload thanks to Steffi. The next reupload will probably be soon but I think there's a few more graphic updates Steffi is working on + I'm adding a few things to the game too. 

For future reference there's the bug reporting thread here ^^: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

I was recently going through and updating some NPC overworld sprites, where the overworld and trainer sprites didn't match (meaning the overworld sprites had different hair colors, outfits, etc. than the trainer sprites). In Gen 3 it was more common for overworld and trainer sprites to have different outfit and hair details, but in later generations they become more accurate to each other, and now match completely. I wanted them to be more accurate to each other in Spork too. 

The overworld sprites I edited are: Lady, female Martial Artist, Ace Trainers, Tourists, Pokemon Rangers, Maids, Simulations, and female Swimmers. It's possible in the future I might adjust the shades on other sprites too, but these were the ones where the hair color and/or outfit colors were completely different. 

Here's an example with the new Simulations: 

image.png.ee0e66066133765056869df186b4ccad.png

(credit to Steffi for removing the headband present in the female Simulation base overworld sprite) 

In the case of the Ace Trainers, I decided to recolor both the overworld and trainer sprites to have the colors of the ace flag: 

image.png.3efefcf7951135cff9fbe85c9400979b.png

Originally I wasn't going to post again until the next reupload with an explanation of all the updates then, but I felt like the above might have merited a post on its own since I wanted to use screenshots to show some examples, and there's also another issue I wanted to mention: 

It's recently come to my attention that a few people have been downloading Spork through another website, pokemonromhacks. However, the page seems to have been made when episode 4.5 was the latest release and not updated since then, as that's the episode the links on the Spork page there lead to. I know of two recent cases where someone downloaded from there and didn't realize that the links on that site are for an older episode. 

There's also a couple errors on the page: 

image.png.edd98f0cf628c6d35b072e5f55bf8371.png

This is both correct and incorrect; Spork is completed in terms of main story and postgame but the page seems to think that Spork was completed as of 4.5 when it wasn't. 4.5 went up to the 13th gym. 

I also remember the last time I viewed the page when it was describing the game it used "his" when referring to me, when it should've said her, though I don't see this text when looking at the page now. 

I kept previous episodes of Spork up on mediafire after newer episodes were released for nostalgia, but I didn't imagine people would still actually be able to access those links because I didn't anticipate them being posted elsewhere. It kind of reminds me of how some people are still downloading Rejuvenation V10 from the "Other Games" page on Reborn thinking it's the latest version, because while the page isn't meant to be accessed anymore, it still shows up in Google results. 

So I deleted all the older episodes from mediafire. My hope in doing that is that people who find Spork through that site, when finding out the links don't work, will look for another download and find their way here instead, where they'll find the most recent episode. 

Although looking at the page again now while I'm posting this, it seems like they might have uploaded ep 4.5 elsewhere:

image.png.f3f91b541e0c47b56679caa26e93d657.png

so it's possible deleting the older episodes on mediafire won't change anything. I did test the above link and it took me to a sketchy page on a site I've never seen before and Norton gave a "SPAM BLOCKED" popup on my laptop, though I don't know if that's because of the site itself or because fangames are known to sometimes give false positive readings for antivirus systems. 

Basically, the only links that can be trusted to be up to date are the ones in this thread. Ones anyone else uploads elsewhere may or may not be (and I wish that site would've asked me first if they could've made that page and posted those links. I would've said no if they asked and if I knew I'd be mildly distressed thinking about people downloading 1 year+ old episodes on a possibly sketchy site that doesn't even have all the information correct)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kinda late to the already finished party, but I'm in the mood of making a wallpaper of Pokémon Spork. The character of interest is Emily and her Buneary! The background is the water surface battle area.

spork wallpaper.png

Oh, and about the game files, I'm pretty sure I got "Spork 8", which should be the completed game, so I'm good to go.

• Like 1

• Global Mods
25 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Kinda late to the already finished party, but I'm in the mood of making a wallpaper of Pokémon Spork. The character of interest is Emily and her Buneary! The background is the water surface battle area.

spork wallpaper.png

Oh, and about the game files, I'm pretty sure I got "Spork 8", which should be the completed game, so I'm good to go.

That's very nice! I like how she has an ice cream, and Buneary being on her head is cute! Thank you for making + posting this!

Spork 8 is the most recent/completed upload, correct. 

• Like 1

You’re welcome! She’s holding the most rarest ice cream of all, the Blue Moon Ice Cream which almost guarantees max happiness!

Since I haven’t seen a fan art of her, I might as well create her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded (currently mediafire) Spork and DDDL

DDDL:

-Palletite made new sprites for DDDL for a few characters: Delicia, Felicia, their parents (also in Return to Dreamland), Pandora, and the young Natalie in chapters 1 and 2

-updated some NPC overworld sprites to match their trainer sprites

-gave more characters different Poke Balls (in DDDL I think this just applies to Natalie)

Spork:

-Palletite made new overworld sprites for: Belinda, Belladonna, Stryker, Ryoko who now appears in Spork as well as Return to Dreamland

-updated some NPC overworld sprites to match their trainer sprites

-gave more characters different types of Poke Balls, including adding the Dream Ball and Ceolis now having his own custom Poke Ball

-Steffi made graphics for the Headphones Badge, Gummy Teddiursa item, and the worry stones items that the player can get from Angela in her postgame sidequest

-Steffi updated some trainer sprites to not appear blurry, updated the shiny Pokemon backsprites so that they're aligned with the player's side of the battlefield, and resized some of the item icon graphics to match the rest

-Shiny Scouting area as mentioned in Return to Dreamland's True Arena. Mov is in every city/town near the Pokemon Centers

-since I used the revamped Forest of Feeling map in Return to Dreamland, decided to update the one in Spork too. Also added a few more of the maps Enigma has revamped: Game Corner, Trainer's School, Gentleman's Club, Ceolis Ranger Base, and Rap Battle House. Originally I was going to add all of the revamped maps at once when they were finished, but decided to add a few now 

-new area reached from a Lanturn in Virima City: Lanturn Lighthouse. At Lanturn Lighthouse, you can catch some Pokemon normally not available until lategame aside from starter choice to give more time to use them. Specifically those available at Mt. Spoon or later. Lanturn Lighthouse is managed by a new character, Professor Morgan Mangrove, a non-binary Sea Star marine biologist (sprite made by Palletite)

-the Stryker, Clifford, Belinda, Belladonna, Ryoko, and Anthony simulations now have nickname themes, as does the dentist

-for the characters born in Ceolis, added another part to their files in the statistics/demographics section: which region they would want to visit if they could go to another region

-removed Ryoko's file in the Characters That Didn't Make It Into the Game part of the Data Vault, since she's in the game now (also did the same for DDDL file mentioning Ryoko)

-added Ryoko and Professor Mangrove to Crolea's birthday party

-added Data Vault files for Professor Mangrove

-updated the credits scene: added more information about assistance and contributions from after ep 7 up to now, plus goes by each individual person and what they've done

-Angela's Jumpluff is now shiny. Since its nickname is RoseQuartz, I assume I intended to have it be shiny originally and forgot

-changed the Trainer School and EV training center music to this

-changed Pandora's battle theme to this (and in Return to Dreamland)

-added Tomas to the metal crowd at night in the Lightning Lounge

Ceolis's custom Poke Ball:

AWMsL3iJrAiYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

3EFutGU7T9G0KwruhqOitQ.png

-fixed Yes/No choice not appearing if selecting Ditto and asked if it's your Pokemon in starter selection

-fixed countertop priority where NPCs looked like they were standing on counters instead of behind them (same for DDDL and Return to Dreamland)

-fixed typo in Stryker's file in the statistics/demographics part of the Data Vault where his name was spelled Styker

-fixed Alumia's postgame rematch trainers.txt data where a missing comma resulted in her Klefki's nickname not displaying 

-changed the Audino trainer's name at Umira to In The Sun Is Lots Of Fun

-added Emily follower dialogue at Wonky Woods

Hopefully I didn't forget to list any changes or fixes, since there were a lot. 

• Like 2