Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

hi,it's me again.I just want to ask if is there any side quest to do after finish the main story beside encounter legendaries,colecting marble and finish the battle frontier?

There's the hide and seek sidequest (more details can be found in the notepad file "hideandseeklocations").

There's the ranger, police, Sea Star Help Section, and Team Portal HQ sidequests if you haven't done those yet

There's a little girl in Cianosa City who says she's looking for a Fountain Pen, which you can find in Aliora's fountain. 

There's a family in Aliora City that's looking for a Toy Robot, which can be found in the BCC Building

probably a few more that aren't coming to mind right now 

Wow thanks,i have to do those now since talking to one of the main character(gym leaders,elite four,...) will make you battle with them and i find it kind of boring(no offensive...i thought it might trigger something maybe a side quest about the things happen that does not matter to the main story of the game and i end up battled everyone) that might be a good suggestion about the game since the main story is done.I also heard that you are planning on an update in the future right?If you are then i'm so hyped for it right now.

Spoiler

I don't know why this is here

Spoiler
  • This too

Also this

• Global Mods
On 7/29/2018 at 10:05 AM, nhannguyen2141 said:

Wow thanks,i have to do those now since talking to one of the main character(gym leaders,elite four,...) will make you battle with them and i find it kind of boring(no offensive...i thought it might trigger something maybe a side quest about the things happen that does not matter to the main story of the game and i end up battled everyone) that might be a good suggestion about the game since the main story is done.I also heard that you are planning on an update in the future right?If you are then i'm so hyped for it right now.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why this is here

Reveal hidden contents

Also this

That's fine about finding it boring. I wanted players to still be able to battle all the characters in the postgame if they wanted to, but I know that not everyone is interested in that kind of thing. 

There'll definitely be more side content in the next reupload with the expansion of Ocean Coast! I also had an idea today while watching Love Live to add a little more to the idol postgame event. In addition to the player becoming an idol, I thought it'd be neat for the fruit-based characters to be an idol group and perform there too. So I'm going to come up with a group name and song for them. 

And since it'll take a while to do all this, it's possible I'll have other ideas for sidequests between now and then too. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, RazzleberryJam said:

Not sure If this bug has been reported yet, but wild Bellsprout in the EV training area at the beginning of the game know no moves, so it struggles. 

Hide contents

It seems like they don't learn any moves until level 7:

image.png.fb316a607daf2397ef17ccdd09609807.png

according to Serebii, they're supposed to have Vine Whip at level 1. 

Thank you for letting me know; I've fixed it for the next reupload.

Hey! First off, I LOVE the game, you all have really outdone yourselves. I saw Voltsy playing it on YouTube and was hooked. Everything has gone great, but I am unable to use the link stones. This has happened with only the link stones though. And only with Pokemon that normally require being traded with a held item, such as Onix and Dusclops. I wouldn’t really care, until it comes to completing the Pokédex. Any help would be appreciated!

• Global Mods
39 minutes ago, TheGrapeJuice said:

Hey! First off, I LOVE the game, you all have really outdone yourselves. I saw Voltsy playing it on YouTube and was hooked. Everything has gone great, but I am unable to use the link stones. This has happened with only the link stones though. And only with Pokemon that normally require being traded with a held item, such as Onix and Dusclops. I wouldn’t really care, until it comes to completing the Pokédex. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm happy you love the game! About those Pokemon, you need to use the item they normally have to hold on them like an evolution stone. For example you'd evolve Onix into Steelix by using a Metal Coat on it, and Dusclops into Dusknoir by using a Reaper Cloth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm happy you love the game! About those Pokemon, you need to use the item they normally have to hold on them like an evolution stone. For example you'd evolve Onix into Steelix by using a Metal Coat on it, and Dusclops into Dusknoir by using a Reaper Cloth.

Wowww I can’t believe I didn’t try that! Thanks so much! 

Hi, I have just completed the post game story. I have some questions:

1. What to do next? Is there any list of side quests?

2. I think there is someone talking about special method of training. I assume there is a special Arduino trainer with better exp yield. If that guy really exist, where can I find him? If not, what is the fastest way to grind my pokes to lv 100?

3. Is there any way to reset EV of a pokemon?

Thx. I appreciate your effort in making this game and I enjoy playing it so far.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, DefnitlyNotDrew said:

This looks like a really fun game but I am having trouble downloading it on my PC, I have followed the steps but it doesn't seem to be working

Are you not able to download it at all, or can you download it but not play?

If it's the second: after downloading, you need to extract the folder, and after it's finished, go into the extracted folder and double click the "Game" program with the orange icon. Were you able to do this and if not, how far were you able to go? 

If it's the first: I don't really have any ideas about why the download wouldn't be working; are you able to provide more details about what happens? 

30 minutes ago, swagmar said:

Hi, I have just completed the post game story. I have some questions:

1. What to do next? Is there any list of side quests?

2. I think there is someone talking about special method of training. I assume there is a special Arduino trainer with better exp yield. If that guy really exist, where can I find him? If not, what is the fastest way to grind my pokes to lv 100?

3. Is there any way to reset EV of a pokemon?

Thx. I appreciate your effort in making this game and I enjoy playing it so far.

1. If you haven't already, you can search for legendaries and hunt for marbles. There are notepad files in the game folder with locations/instructions for them ("legendarysidequests" and "marblelocations"). There's also the ranger, police, Pokemon Research Institute, Sea Star Help Section, and Team Portal HQ sidequests, along with a few other smaller ones scattered throughout the game. 

2. Do you remember where this was mentioned? Off the top of my head I don't remember anyone mentioning a special training method. I think the closest to a special training method in Spork would be the EV training centers. 

After the Battle Frontier's grand opening, there's an Audino trainer there that has level 100 Audinos, so that would probably be the fastest way. 

3. There isn't a way to reset them in-game, but I can alter them if you send me your save file. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Are you not able to download it at all, or can you download it but not play?

If it's the second: after downloading, you need to extract the folder, and after it's finished, go into the extracted folder and double click the "Game" program with the orange icon. Were you able to do this and if not, how far were you able to go? 

If it's the first: I don't really have any ideas about why the download wouldn't be working; are you able to provide more details about what happens?

its the second, so I downloaded it and it came up as a winZIP file which I do not have so I tried to extract it with WinRAR but it says that it is corrupt. Then I tried using the ZIP extractor that it included but that kept freezing.

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, DefnitlyNotDrew said:

its the second, so I downloaded it and it came up as a winZIP file which I do not have so I tried to extract it with WinRAR but it says that it is corrupt. Then I tried using the ZIP extractor that it included but that kept freezing.

I remember in January after everything was wiped from my laptop and I had to start over after it was fixed, I needed to download an extracting program and had trouble with a few, including both of the ones you mentioned (my issues were different though; IIRC my antivirus thought that the programs were viruses). I asked for help and this was the advice given to me:

image.png.43d7597f82b07ab7c115086fbcdc4a3e.png

and it worked. If you haven't tried 7zip, maybe that will work?

I’m almost finished with all of the legendaries besides Mewtwo, and am currently doing the side quest of Tapu Lele. Although I have defeated him before, the Christmas Slowking isn’t appearing in front of the cave and I cannot interact with the spot he is normally at (assumed it might just be a sprite issue), but when I try to enter the cave, his dialogue tells me I can’t enter unless I look like him. Any idea why this might be happening?

6 hours ago, TheGrapeJuice said:

I’m almost finished with all of the legendaries besides Mewtwo, and am currently doing the side quest of Tapu Lele. Although I have defeated him before, the Christmas Slowking isn’t appearing in front of the cave and I cannot interact with the spot he is normally at (assumed it might just be a sprite issue), but when I try to enter the cave, his dialogue tells me I can’t enter unless I look like him. Any idea why this might be happening?

I noticed that if you are Halloween Esper Christmas slowking doesn't appear

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, DefnitlyNotDrew said:

I got it to extract but now once I click on Spork 7, then to pokemon Spork, then I just have Audio, animmaker.exe, and animmaker.txt

sorry if im annoying you im just really bad at this stuff

I'm not sure why that would be happening O . O maybe try extracting again? 

7 hours ago, TheGrapeJuice said:

I tested what the above poster said about Christmas Slowking not appearing if the player is Halloween Espurr, and it didn't appear for me either. It also only seems to happen with Halloween Espurr and not other Holiday Pokemon. I'm not sure why, this is strange. 

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, DefnitlyNotDrew said:

idk if this should be in the game but in aliora city, there is a spot on the bridge next to the gym where you walk across the water and on to the grass.

It's possible to walk in the water around the whole bridge, yeah. It happens even though the tiles are set to non-passable in the tileset. This happens with some tiles in the Forest of Feeling too, and in Gellene Town the opposite happens with one blank tile where you can't walk through it even though there's no non-passable objects on it. I'm not sure why.

Has anybody used a Silvally whose level up moves are Type Null's?

I chose Type Null as my starter, evolved at level ,2 and then Silvally didn't learn Multi-Attack nor Bite when it reached level 15. I got Imprison instead, which what Type Null learns at level 15.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I would point it out to align it with the official games. Their movesets are very similar so I didn't notice it until I looked them up just now. If this change was intentional, then please ignore this.

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

Has anybody used a Silvally whose level up moves are Type Null's?

I chose Type Null as my starter, evolved at level ,2 and then Silvally didn't learn Multi-Attack nor Bite when it reached level 15. I got Imprison instead, which what Type Null learns at level 15.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I would point it out to align it with the official games. Their movesets are very similar so I didn't notice it until I looked them up just now. If this change was intentional, then please ignore this.

Thank you for letting me know; I'll fix this for the next reupload. 

Regarding Multi-Attack: According to pokemon.txt, Silvally learns it at level 1, meaning it can be retaught through the move relearner. Serebii says that Multi-Attack is learned on evolution, and I didn't really know how or if Essentials handles those, so for most moves like that I gave it to the Pokemon when they reach their evolution level. Since Type Null evolves through friendship instead of a specific level, I probably decided to just make it level 1 because of that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thank you for letting me know; I'll fix this for the next reupload. 

Regarding Multi-Attack: According to pokemon.txt, Silvally learns it at level 1, meaning it can be retaught through the move relearner. Serebii says that Multi-Attack is learned on evolution, and I didn't really know how or if Essentials handles those, so for most moves like that I gave it to the Pokemon when they reach their evolution level. Since Type Null evolves through friendship instead of a specific level, I probably decided to just make it level 1 because of that.

Hi Ice Cream! No problem on the movesets and Multi-Attack. It's not useful early game anyways since I don't have any memories for it to use. I'll just use the Move Relearner then. Thank you for creating such a carefree fangame! I'm really enjoying it after Reborn and Insurgence.

• Like 1