Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I spent some time walking around Aliora and the gym, talking to NPCs, battling wild Pokemon and Aretha, but I didn't come across any errors. 

If there's anything else you'd like to test or think could have been causing it, please let me know and I'll see if it happens to me on your file. 

P.S. the space colony thing reminded me of a dream my sister had where Ame told her that Earth was under watch/attack, and was hidden from view by satellite dishes. Ame demonstrated by removing a satellite dish, making Earth visible to the attackers and the attackers visible to Earth. Then Ame put the satellite dish back before anything could happen.

Alright. I'm about to go check it out, but I have no clue what's wrong. Maybe It's because I didn't learn my lesson and thought I would be OK to edit the game again. I did exactly this:

1: Copied the Rival music from Reborn

2: Went into Spork's audio/BGM folder and pasted the music

3: Renamed Battle-Gym Leader to Battle-Gym Leader old

4: Renamed Battle-Rival to Battle-Gym Leader

5: Played Spork and Battled Aretha. The Music was the same as the Gym music. But before the Gym music looped again, It played the Gym Leader theme instead.

6: Lost to Aretha and saved and quit Spork

7: Played Spork and got the error

Could you send me my save back? Maybe you did something to fix it. But before you send it back, put my character in Alioria MEADOWS. Maybe that fixes it? This error seems to be pretty random because Flareon and Music have nothing to do with Pokemon cries.

Thanks!

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

Alright. I'm about to go check it out, but I have no clue what's wrong. Maybe It's because I didn't learn my lesson and thought I would be OK to edit the game again. I did exactly this:

1: Copied the Rival music from Reborn

2: Went into Spork's audio/BGM folder and pasted the music

3: Renamed Battle-Gym Leader to Battle-Gym Leader old

4: Renamed Battle-Rival to Battle-Gym Leader

5: Played Spork and Battled Aretha. The Music was the same as the Gym music. But before the Gym music looped again, It played the Gym Leader theme instead.

6: Lost to Aretha and saved and quit Spork

7: Played Spork and got the error

Could you send me my save back? Maybe you did something to fix it. But before you send it back, put my character in Alioria MEADOWS. Maybe that fixes it? This error seems to be pretty random because Flareon and Music have nothing to do with Pokemon cries.

Thanks!

Okay, here's your save file. I saved at Aliora Meadows. I'm also confused on how Pokemon cries are related to Flareon and music. I'm not sure if anything I did fixed it but hopefully we've seen the last of the error.

Game.rxdata

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Okay, here's your save file. I saved at Aliora Meadows. I'm also confused on how Pokemon cries are related to Flareon and music. I'm not sure if anything I did fixed it but hopefully we've seen the last of the error.

Game.rxdata

Thanks! My computer that can run games takes forever and a day to turn on, so It'll be a couple minutes before I can check it out!

10 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

Thanks! My computer that can run games takes forever and a day to turn on, so It'll be a couple minutes before I can check it out!

Hold on.... So I clicked on Game.rxdata (The one you sent back to me) And it downloaded my file. But how do you put it into Spork? Only my old file is in there now.

Edit: I put In the new file (It didn't appear at first) and it still showed the error.

Edited by Princess Titania

Just now, Princess Titania said:

Hold on.... So I clicked on Game.rxdata (The one you sent back to me) And it downloaded my file. But how do you put it into Spork? Only my old file is in there now.

you move it from where your downloads go and put it where the file would go. accept being replaced

may someone tell me what the shiny spawn rate is in this game please because i have vs'ed the team Pluto  person's friend in the library at the beginning of the game and the mareep was shiny for me and then about 30 mins later after i was in the cave of Resolve and i found a wild shiny geodude should this be happening??

• Global Mods
31 minutes ago, m00ki said:

may someone tell me what the shiny spawn rate is in this game please because i have vs'ed the team Pluto  person's friend in the library at the beginning of the game and the mareep was shiny for me and then about 30 mins later after i was in the cave of Resolve and i found a wild shiny geodude should this be happening??

The shiny rate is the same as Reborn and Rejuvenation. 

There's no one in Spork named Pluto...? (I think you're referring to Crolea, since you mentioned her friend in the library having a shiny Mareep and Crolea is the one who appears there with her?) But the character with the shiny Mareep is Delicia. Her Mareep being shiny isn't related to the shiny rate; trainer Pokemon are only shiny if they're specifically set to be shiny. There are a few characters in Spork that have a shiny Pokemon. 

If anyone could help me out I did the double battle at mt spoon and didn’t heal up before hand and lost after speaking to everyone in the room for Crolea’s birthday and now I have gone back and won but can’t get the cake to appear?

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Litl30 said:

If anyone could help me out I did the double battle at mt spoon and didn’t heal up before hand and lost after speaking to everyone in the room for Crolea’s birthday and now I have gone back and won but can’t get the cake to appear?

The cutscene with the cake happens automatically after talking to everyone at the party. I checked the event page for the battle and the variable used for how many people you've talked to doesn't increase for the battle until after winning it, so losing it earlier shouldn't prevent you from proceeding. Are you sure you talked to everyone? There are a little over 40 guests at the party, so it can be easy to miss someone. 

I managed to fix my issue from before and I am loving Pokemon Spork so far! The story, sprites, and especially the music! What is the name of the music used during the gym battles? I need a soundtrack of it lol!

Hi!

Just downloaded this game. For some reason my game file crashes after the first battle against Emily, it happens every time I try to heal using the machine in the player's room. I'm thinking it might be the emulator I use, but I'm not sure...

I'm playing on a macbook (IOS 10.13.5) using Wine. 

Any suggestions? What emulator do you recommed? 

btw. Totally unrelated, can my starter reach final evolution if trading is usually required to evolve? (Like Machoke to Machamp, or Swirlix to Slurpuff? 

The game looks amazing! 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, DrewR said:

I managed to fix my issue from before and I am loving Pokemon Spork so far! The story, sprites, and especially the music! What is the name of the music used during the gym battles? I need a soundtrack of it lol!

I'm happy the issue is resolved and you're enjoying the game! This is the Gym Leader music:

1 hour ago, DanishStina said:

Hi!

Just downloaded this game. For some reason my game file crashes after the first battle against Emily, it happens every time I try to heal using the machine in the player's room. I'm thinking it might be the emulator I use, but I'm not sure...

I'm playing on a macbook (IOS 10.13.5) using Wine. 

Any suggestions? What emulator do you recommed? 

btw. Totally unrelated, can my starter reach final evolution if trading is usually required to evolve? (Like Machoke to Machamp, or Swirlix to Slurpuff? 

The game looks amazing! 

I've heard that Macs have a harder time running RPG Maker games, 

above sentence ends abruptly because I just remembered Candy mentioning an issue with Wine emulator in the thread before and after searching I found out that deleting the audio files helps, which IIRC worked for Candy. 

I'm not sure if this will solve that issue too, but it may be worth trying. 

EDIT: I forgot to answer the second question. Pokemon that need trading to evolve in the canon games evolve through a Link Stone, and ones that need to be traded while holding an item need to have that item used on them like an evolution stone (ex: to evolve Scyther into Scizor, you need to use a Metal Coat).

7 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm happy the issue is resolved and you're enjoying the game! This is the Gym Leader music:

I've heard that Macs have a harder time running RPG Maker games, 

above sentence ends abruptly because I just remembered Candy mentioning an issue with Wine emulator in the thread before and after searching I found out that deleting the audio files helps, which IIRC worked for Candy. 

I'm not sure if this will solve that issue too, but it may be worth trying. 

EDIT: I forgot to answer the second question. Pokemon that need trading to evolve in the canon games evolve through a Link Stone, and ones that need to be traded while holding an item need to have that item used on them like an evolution stone (ex: to evolve Scyther into Scizor, you need to use a Metal Coat).

Thank you! Removing the audio worked. o(^-^)o  

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

I'm not sure what to do next. I've beaten Alumia and have the Mega Ring, and I also beat Ice Cream Sand Witch. Where do I go next?

Wow, you've made a lot of progress since two days ago . o . I guess the errors have gone away now?

Next you need to go to the east exit of Crystal Caverns, which leads to the Marvelous Marsh.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Wow, you've made a lot of progress since two days ago . o . I guess the errors have gone away now?

Next you need to go to the east exit of Crystal Caverns, which leads to the Marvelous Marsh.

Thanks. Yes, I redownloaded the game and it fixed all the errors.

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

A small error, but Blacephalon has Lycanroc's icon.

icon.JPG.8fcb2f33717e8c285313a549d0d4b0d8.JPG

This is intentional. When Ame released the USUM sprite pack for the new UBs + Zeraora and Dusk Lycanroc, party screen icons weren't included in the pack. I needed to use another Pokemon's icon as a placeholder, because if a Pokemon doesn't have a party screen icon graphic, then going to your party while having that Pokemon in it would cause the game to crash.

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This is intentional. When Ame released the USUM sprite pack for the new UBs + Zeraora and Dusk Lycanroc, party screen icons weren't included in the pack. I needed to use another Pokemon's icon as a placeholder, because if a Pokemon doesn't have a party screen icon graphic, then going to your party while having that Pokemon in it would cause the game to crash.

I see. Sorry to bother you, then.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Zargerth said:

I see. Sorry to bother you, then.

You weren't bothering me at all! It's always best to report something you think could be a glitch, and it definitely does look like a glitch without knowing that icons weren't included in Ame's USUM sprite pack. 

• Upvote 1

Hi guys!

Spoiler

I've just won the ELITE FOUR and we're suppose to go to Area 51 but i can't find the area, i know the characters were speaking on where to go but i wasn't looking,

Can someone help me? 

BTW, loving this game.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Infer said:

Hi guys!

Hide contents

I've just won the ELITE FOUR and we're suppose to go to Area 51 but i can't find the area, i know the characters were speaking on where to go but i wasn't looking,

Can someone help me? 

BTW, loving this game.

Cheers

Go to the harbor at Tullborn City or Inoset Island and it will now appear as an option to sail to when speaking to the sailor. I'm happy you're enjoying the game!