Cooperation of Pokemon Insurgence and Pokemon Reborn

dnaeeeutd

I've been playing both games for a long time since they were released.

For Pokemon Insurgence, it has very nice appearance and a fair gameplay. This game is close to original game although it has some unique features, pokemons ...

For Pokemon Reborn, it has the first and second generation of appearance. This is acceptable however if we compare with the current official Pokemon release, I think most players will prefer modern appearance. This game has many many unique features, along with a very very good gameplay and story ... This is the hardest Pokemon game ever.

I wonder if master Thesuzerain (Zeta, Omicron, Insurgence) and master Amethyst (Reborn) would work together to make a perfect Pokemon game for everyone.

Since I played Pokemon Zeta, I have no longer played original games =)) R.I.P. Nintendo, Gamefreak.

I actually consider Insurgence a pretty weak game both in story and gameplay, its only strength being in my opinion the design of its fakemons and new moves, such as the New Moon mechanic or Mega Dugtrio for instance (I just love Mega Dugtrio). However, taking into account that Reborn tries to stick to the cannon gameplay it has nothing to take from Insurgence,unless Ame had a sudden interest on adding fakemons.

Reborn uses 3rd gen overworld graphics not gen 1 and 2. Personally I think it looks better than fourth gen graphics, although that's just a stylistic thing.

Both developers have a lot going on in their own games, so I really don't think they'd have time to work together on a project.

They did technically team up for an april fools joke game, but other than that I don't see it happening.

I actually consider Insurgence a pretty weak game both in story and gameplay, its only strength being in my opinion the design of its fakemons and new moves, such as the New Moon mechanic or Mega Dugtrio for instance (I just love Mega Dugtrio). However, taking into account that Reborn tries to stick to the cannon gameplay it has nothing to take from Insurgence,unless Ame had a sudden interest on adding fakemons.

Sadly I disagree that Insurgence is a weak game in terms of gameplay and story. I personally love the cult angle that Insurgence has and I'm always excited to see what will happen next. Reborn is also amazing at storytelling. I guess I'm just not as harsh and critical on the creators for their hard work and attempt to make something amazing as other people are. :) I do agree the fakemon is a huge plus but saying it's a weak game for story and gameplay is a harsh assessment.

Ame and Suzerain would make an amazing game full of online, mystery gifts, other features with an amazing plot and gameplay. I'm sure of it and I'm curious if it would ever happen.

Edited by pbood2

I can see the point in what you're saying since a collaboration between Ame and Insurgence's creator could be awesome, but sadly the two games are far from finished and Ame said that when Reborn will reach the final episode she'll start working on another game (even tho i don't remember wich one)

I much prefer the gen 3 style sprites etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing the tech (like the in game nuzlocke etc) as well as the on screen stat changes becoming a part of this and other fan games, but in general I find everything about Reborn more engaging.

Z/O and Insurgence are a bit to vanilla for my taste. Reborn feels like its own universe.

Difficulty is also a big let down in Insurgence. There is really nothing difficult about it. I think the big thing that sets Reborn and of course Rejuvenation apart from other games is the field effects. Its a really interested extra level of difficulty.

Either way, both take a long time to release, so maybe by the time they are complete there will be more of a tech crossover or some other way they can collaborate.

At the very least, give us those inflatable Lapras type items!

Edited by MetrololAce

Each game is its own (p awesome) thing - they excel and add two completely different things. Personally, all those ideas into one game, as a Pokemon game, feels like it'd be a bit much????

But didn't both of them say that after their respective Pokemon games, they're planning an original game? It'd probably work better that way. Of course, It'd likely never happen, because of their respective schedules (by far I hope they put themselves first), but maybe it'd just happen to be that they put nods towards each other in these new games, taking suggestions from one another, etc.

And it's just a personal opinion, but I think that the reason Insurgence gets a lot of flack for its plot is because it and Reborn take two different angles and speeds with it. In Reborn, there's a pretty well-defined main plot and several side plots, while it seems like Insurgence has it written so that the main plot doesn't stick out too much from the others (probably on purpose.) That makes it kinda jumpy, yes, but that's at benefit to the characters. Reborn has more revealed about its characters, but both it and Insurgence have complex characters, just in different ways.

Noo Noo, noo, As much as I appreciated Amethyst and Thesuzerain's games, THERE SHOULD NEVER BE ANY MORE COLLABORATIONS UNTIL THEY BOTH FINISH THEIR RESPECTIVE GAMES.

any time they spend with other projects mess up the time for the main project. I would like to finish both games before I DIE.

I hate to kind of break it to you guys, but the likeliness of Ame working with any other creator in a collaboration is very slim once Reborn is done. For those of you who are kind of new, she does have plans for a game called Starlight divide which is more of a strategy RPG and I don't see another Pokemon game coming from her given how long this one has been going on.

I'm not sure what kind of person Suzerain really is so I'll only have to give the benefit of the doubt he's real busy and probably likes complete control of his projects. Collaborations are kind of a messy situation since it means two people who are used to working more or less by themselves (not really but more like they're in charge and can do mostly whatever they want) to kind of try and find a middle ground to work with for a project. It rarely ever works out nicely as people think. It's just something that grinds down to work ethics and not skill whether or not it'll work out.

Both games are targeted for completely different people as Insurgence focuses more on features and appeal to a very, very broad audience including most competitive items early on along with a lot more to mess with where Pokemon Reborn focuses heavily on being difficult and challenging players in more ways than one. Their gameplay designs are complete opposites and neither story really upholds to the point neither creator would really help the other improve that much. Reborn's story is imo average in terms of RPGs, but it works since that game is very well rounded. Pokemon just holds a very, very low bar when it comes to story.

Oh so Once Reborn is done no more Pokemon from Ame? ;-;

But Reborn isnt gonna die for some other game oh no no no. We haven't seen it's final form yet. heh heh heh

Although the idea of Reborn and Insurgence together has crossed my mind numerous of times..... But it will never come into fruition.... the hopes and dreams of a player.