Reborn's favorite Pokémon

Ojama Yellow

hello

1. Porygon-Z - well, I like its lore, its stats, and even its design; I remember those times we spent in the Battle Factory annihilating every opponent with Tri attack or Shadow Ball, and there is a theory I've read that makes this Pokémon's concept way more interesting and deep than before.

2. Breloom - first Pokémon I've used in competitive, but also a great partner for the Battle Factory. Had great times pummeling Talonflame or Charizard with a surprise Rock Tomb, or sweeping teams with Mach Punch. also for some reason I think it's cute

3. Torterra - first starter ever! We overcame every challenge in Pokémon Platinum through sheer level advantage and no strategy at all. And then I transferred a different Torterra in Black 2 to continue his Legacy.

4. Giratina - favourite legendary and first one I've caught. Its encounter in the Distortion World and the previous buildup are just great, and its theme is one of my favourites.

5. Samurott - I actually own two of these, one for White and one for Black 2... it's definitely my favourite Unova starter. It's also of my favourite type, Water!

6. Gengar - Battle Factory buddy... also great in competitive (I can obliterate those annoying Clefables!). If that wasn't enough, it got also a Über-tier mega evolution!

7. Terrakion - another legendary I've used as a party member (though I didn't really feel bad because it was in the OU tier). He's currently my highest leveled Pokémon, with a sky-high Attack and very nice Speed.

8. Zorua - Well, one of the first Pokémon films I've watched, and I've rather enjoyed, was "Zoroark, master of illusion". It's also a fun (although a bit tricky) Pokémon to use in battles thanks to it's ability.

I could have put Zoroark in the list but I decided to go for Zorua because of... well...

(it's an italian video)

Well, just get to about 8 minutes in the video and... the guy who's battling will have an unexpected surprise. Priceless :)

9. Scizor - Yet another Battle Factory friend. I used Swords Dance one or two times and then spam Bullet Punch to damage heavily almost every enemy Pokémon. Also, it probably goes without saying, but I've liked its design and this Pokémon in general for a very long time (also because of the Anime).

10. Darkrai - This guy is here mainly because of the movie, some anime Episodes I watched, Pokémon Desolation, and because I used it in competitive... all of these things make it my second favourite legendary.

Also, here are some Pokémon that couldn't make the list: Typhlosion, Sceptile, Manaphy, Honchkrow, Leavanny, Milotic, Hydreigon, Staraptor, Gardevoir...

why did I even bother with the honorable mentions again?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my top 10!

Prerequisite knowledge : Most of my favourite pokemon are here cause of competitive battling. Some are here for their design and some for sentimental reasons.

So here goes.

461.png
This thing is a beast. Fast and hits hard. Perfect glass cannon, I love it's design. Look at dem claws man! It just feels like this guy has an attitude you want to watch out for.

658.png

Another beast. Utterly brilliant design and a better 'ninja' pokemon than those nincada family scrubs. Great ability in protean along with it's moveset makes it amazing in my eyes. Also, TONGUE SCARF /o/.

373.png
Who doesn't love this thing? Screw x4 weakness to ice, screw weakness to rocks and fairies. This monster will obliterate everything in it's ways. And it's mega form. WOW. Lookit dem wings. It's a jet that's gonna rip right through you.

094.png

This evil ghost. That sneer. That look. That maliciousness. Not to mention amazing in competitive,

381.png

Speaking of jets, the better Eon twin is here. Gotta love the design. Catching it in Emerald might have been a pain but after you do, I feel it's totally worth it.

462.png
Magnemite? Eh. Magneton? Might have rekt Azery but eh. Magnezone? That's what I'm talking about. Amazing design, love using it on my teams. Who knew a bunch of magnets would give rise to this beauty.

286.png

Part of my first team in Emerald.I loved it back then. The design was simplistic enough but looked really good, And when I was introduced to this in competitive, I fell in love with it. This mushroom punching thing is amazing.

384.png

A little me was playing Emerald for the first time. Little me sees this huge green dragon thing sleeping on top of a tower. Little me sees said huge dragon thing show up like a BOSS and stop Kyogre and Groudon. Little me wants to a Rayquaza. It's design is brilliant and it looks like a true badass. It was brilliant enough without it's Primal form even.

065.png

The epitome of intelligence but can't learn more than 4 moves wut. It looks so cool. Mega evo adds to the effect. Not to mention magic guard with sash/lo completely rekking in the metagame. Just can't help but love this mon.

257.png

This magnificent beast. First starter ever, no regrets at all. Best fire type. Best fire/fighting type. Best starter imo. Ripping through Emerald on my first playthrough with a Blaziken gave me so much satisfaction I made sure I repeated the act several times. It's design is amazing. It's a fighting chicken that's on fire! It's mega form is also pretty cool, but I prefer the base form. Hands down without a question my favourite pokemon.

Edited by Dhanush D Bhatt

I want in.

1 - Weavile

weavile.gif

I mean... what did you expect?

2 - Gyarados

gyarados.gif

:T

3 - Xatu

xatu-f.gif

:TT

4 - Torterra

torterra.gif

:TTT

5 - Slowbro

slowbro.gif

:TTTTT

6 - Chandelure

chandelure.gif

:TTTTTT

7 - Aegislash

aegislash2-1.gif

:TTTTTTTT

8 - Lolturn

lanturn.gif

:TTTTTTTTT

9 - Skuntank

skuntank.gif

:TTTTTTTTTTT

10 - Muk

muk.gif

bruh

Honorable mention: Gazelle

10. Starmie

My favorite OU special sweeper. It's amazing in Emerald Battle Frontier, and it's kinda lost it's appeal with the meta creep. Oh well.

9. Excadrill

I liked using it in White 2. Kinda sucks otherwise.

8. Shinx

Friggin adorable.

7. Sudowoodo

My MVP of my Hardcore run. Rock Tomb, Stone Edge, Counter, Sucker Punch makes this such a fantastic utility pokemon.

6. Yveltal

I love the design, and it's a beast in Ubers.

5. Weavile

I loved using it in Redemption League and I would totally use it again. This thing is frail but amazing in competition.

4. Arceus

Silk Scarf makes vanilla Arceus a force to be reckoned with. See how many Extreme Speeds you can take from this thing.

3. Zekrohm

Another great design. I love the idea of a Dragon/Electric too.

2. Houndoom

My absolute favorite non-legend. Loved him since it was introduced in Gen 2.

1. Dialga

By far my favorite. Fantastic design, amazing typing, amazing attacks.

So I ended up using the website that was mentioned in the original post, and here's what I got:

10. Hypno

hypno.gif

...ok, so I can explain. Hypno was and always has been my favorite psychic Pokemon ever since the original Red and Blue were released. I found something about his zen monk look to be fascinating and cool at the time, and it kind of just stuck 14+ years later.

9. Politoed

politoed.gif

I just think this lil' guy's adorable. I prefer Politoed to its levelution counterpart, which is kind of odd considering I love fighting types more than just about any other type in the game.

8. Jumpluff

jumpluff-2.gif

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I love about this Pokemon. It just has a certain air to it that, whenever I look at it, I always end up feeling happy.

7. Ludicolo

ludicolo.gif

Another very vibrant choice that I chose mostly because of how happy it always looks and, not to mention, the design of it is possibly one of the best things to come out of Gen 3.

6. Mienfoo

mienfoo.gif

So I like this Pokemon over its evolution by a very large amount. Kind of reminds me of Makoto from Street Fighter in a very odd way, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

5. Forretress

forretress.gif

I'm not a huge fan of bug-type Pokemon...and I'm not exactly a huge fan of steel-type either...but somehow Game Freak was able to combine the two types into one of the most well-designed Pokemon in the entire series. I don't care if it's next to useless, Forretress is just a fantastic Pokemon that I always make sure I have room in my party for.

4. Miltank

miltank.gif

My first shiny back from Gen 2 and I've kept the lil' bastard up to this current day. It'll always hold a special place in my heart.

3. Slaking

slaking.gif

I resonate deeply with this Pokemon and what it stands for. That is all.

2. Hitmonlee

hitmonlee.gif

My favorite fighting-type Pokemon and one of the coolest Pokemon in the entire series. He didn't leave too huge of an impression on me when I saw him in-game for the first time back in Gen 1, but when I saw him in the anime when I used to watch it when I was little, oh boy. I was ALWAYS excited to see him on-screen.

1. Spinda

spinda.gif

Ending the list similar to how it began, Spinda may look like an odd choice for my favorite Pokemon. Which, it should be. I mean, the Pokemon has close to nothing going for it. But I love it nonetheless. I love its ditzy design and how it just staggers about most of the time. I can't really explain why I love this Pokemon so much. It's just one of those choices where you love it not because it's good or anything; you love it because you knew from looking at it that it would be your favorite from there on. Spinda kinda had that effect on me when I saw it back in Gen 3 for the first time.

Alright, time to find out who my faves are! I'm also using the site that the OP mentioned.

10. Mawilemawile.gif

Mawile edges in over Excadrill due to a rad Mega design trumping the mole's incredible power. I was so glad when this thing became viable.

9. Azumarillazumarill.gif

The water rabbit has never let me down. whether it's in gen 3 with Thick Fat, or gen 6 with Play Rough and Huge Power, this early evolver has done everything I ever asked of it

8. Absolabsol.gif

So cool! So Edgy! Love this guy!

7. Wailordwailord.gif

Honestly I just like this mon because its so big. Like, I could probably win by just dropping my mon on your mon. Also its pretty bulky and water spout hurts.

6. Dialgadialga.gif

The Pokemon Lord of Time himself. The list is just a formality. He is already here. Also the first legend I caught.

5. Blazikenblaziken.gif

Hoenn Fried Chicken. This is my favorite starter, with speed and strength in equal amounts, He tears through any fangame I put him in, and he looks great to boot. Did you know that in developement, Blaze and Latias were originally the same pokemon?

4. Giratinagiratina.gif

Pokemon Cthulhu. I love its design, and Gira was the first legendary I caught fair and square--with patience, luck, status, and plenty of timer balls. I felt damn smart when I first found distortion lake.

3. Luxrayluxray.gif

oh hey, the first non-uber in 3 mons! Luxray was my original go-to guy in diamond, and thus my first favorite mon in general. just look at that mane!

2. Deoxysdeoxys-speed.gif

I'm gonna echo Viridescent on this one. an alien, shapechanging virus mon is one of the coolest things I can think of.

1. Metagrossmetagross.gif

Combining Mecha Supercomputer Pokemon. don't those words, together, just sound like the raddest goddamn thing ever? Metagross embodies everything that makes steel great, making up for lackluster speed with competent bulk and a powerful attack stat. It's smarter than you, tougher than you, stronger than you, and it knows it!

Edited by doombotmecha