Magic: The Gathering Discussion Thread

Shadow Tack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played both paper and online, but I only use online for drafts (pictured is the last deck I drafted. It was a very stompy 3-0. 11 mountains and 6 plains)

In paper I play standard, limited formats and modern. Maybe I'll get into legacy in the future.

Standard: I play Grixis control at the moment, but I have the resources to make most popular decks I just find Grixis to be the most enjoyable to play and it's very powerful

Modern: I also play Grixis control. Sometimes I mix it up with delver. Working on Blue Moon. I miss Twin

Anyone plan on drafting Eternal Masters?

post-6457-0-08180900-1465285152_thumb.jpg

Anyone plan on drafting Eternal Masters?

Of course! the set has so much value in it.... but i'm to poor to do it w/o begging for cash

Edit: did anybody play standard during alara block? and if so, what was it like?

Edited by Shadow Tack

The Eternal Masters draft has been legendary. I built a quite decent UB control/tempo deck and it worked really well.

Decklist:

2x Swiftwater Cliffs

2x Dismal Blackwater

2x Bloodfell Caves

1x Mishra's Factory

4x Swamp

5x Island

2x Mogg Fanatic

2x Wakedancer

1x Man-o'-War

1x Wake of Vultures

1x Nekrataal

1x Prowling Pangolin

1x Innocent Blood

1x Silent Departure

1x Brainstorm

1x Malicious Affliction

2x Night's Whisper

3x Counterspell

2x Eyeblight's Ending

1x Gaseous Form

1x Honden of Night's Reach

1x Urborg Uprising

And I opened lots of valuable cards: fow, foil enlightened tutor, foil sinkhole, foil counterspell, chain lightning...

Really worth Eternal Masters for draft. It's an incredibly fun set with lots of gold picks.

Edited by Lugruf

I don't really play magic (cost + losing all the cards I buy is to blame [like seriously where did all my mirrodin cards go]) but I love the lore. Favorite plain is Mirrodin, favorite decks are anything involving the mirrodin specialty of artifact spam

Because there's an ardent yet small Yugioh Fanbase I was curious if there were any magic players out there! Or anyone interested in it.

Standard players, Modern Players, EDH Players, Legacy Players, Deck Pimpers and Budget Brewers come one come all! Even if you wanna ask questions about it or how to get started I can try to help with my six years experience. (Not that much compared to some of my friends but still!)

I haven't drafted EMA yet, I'm waiting till I can actually set money aside.

I'm building a 'budget' brew for standard, well more than one.

U/B Zombies for like 50 dollars and a literal 5 dollar Enchantress strat with Graceblade Artisan. Both are pretty fun!

My gut reaction gives it (as well as the other fully spoiled card Ulrich) a resounding meh. Pro-instants is a really interesting thing, but i'm not exactly gonna be rushing to get a full set like I did for Ulamog (G/R Ramp is always a favorite deck) Ulrich isnt all that great outside of standard and won't really do much for EDH aside from the fact that he's a werewolf commander. Though maybe if we get better werewolves or a Moonmist reprint I'll be much more enthusiastic about werewolves in standard

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the Grizzlybrand handle for about 2 years now, because it's a mix of two of my favorite things, Grizzly Bears and Griselbrand annnnd guess what I just found (and Subsequently bought)???

playmatMockup_grizzlybrand.png

This is so goddamn cool??? This made my entire day yo

• 3 weeks later...

Only play EDH :P Currently building an Eight-and-a-Half-Tails deck to rotate alongside Meren of Clan Stax & Zada Gobble Gobble Goblin! :P

Ayy I'm playing my Brion Stoutarm deck, loving titled "Throw your problems at your problems." You going the voltron route? I know how costly Swords of X and Y are, or are you more a budget player?

In other news, in relation to my last post I went undefeated with my Zombies at FNM today!

Ayy I'm playing my Brion Stoutarm deck, loving titled "Throw your problems at your problems." You going the voltron route? I know how costly Swords of X and Y are, or are you more a budget player?

In other news, in relation to my last post I went undefeated with my Zombies at FNM today!

Haven't decided if I want the Swords yet, right now I'm focusing on gathering my pieces together. Budget is currently $100/per wk to invest in it. Waiting on Reya, Anafenza, Sun Titan, and The Sky Ruin before I really decide the route I'm going.

Also, NICE news on your Zombies! :D

well boys i bit the bullet and got all the cards for grixis delver bar scalding tarns. once i get my first paycheck next month im gonna finish the deck so i can play in tours at school with my pals. i was also grateful to have my beta bolts signed by rush before he passed a while ago. i really like all of his work and i really want to get signed versions of mana leaks, lands, etc.

Haven't decided if I want the Swords yet, right now I'm focusing on gathering my pieces together. Budget is currently $100/per wk to invest in it. Waiting on Reya, Anafenza, Sun Titan, and The Sky Ruin before I really decide the route I'm going.

Also, NICE news on your Zombies! :D

That was me with Brion, though it mostly came in large bursts of penny cards then dwindling down to 1-2 cards a month, tcgplayer is where i got mine.

Also for Sun titan i definitely recommend the promos, I got the magic duels promo because it looked the coolest, but the theros duel deck is also good and equally cheap, can never go wrong with some bling! As for actual deck advice Stonehewer Giant, Steelshaper's gift and Enlightened tutor (10 bucks tho rip) are pretty good for if you're going for a voltron strat. A good budget option would be Strata scythe since it's a monocolored deck.

Oh! And the new Magic card Sigarda's Aid is pretty amazing in a voltron strat and only less than 2 bucks right now.

sigardas-aid-p234788-201675_image.jpg

well boys i bit the bullet and got all the cards for grixis delver bar scalding tarns. once i get my first paycheck next month im gonna finish the deck so i can play in tours at school with my pals. i was also grateful to have my beta bolts signed by rush before he passed a while ago. i really like all of his work and i really want to get signed versions of mana leaks, lands, etc.

A thousand props to you for getting into legacy, I could never take the plunge. How are you liking the deck so far?