Romance in Reborn?

NaughtyNomad

I dunno. To me this game is a more realistic representation of what it would actually be like to have pokemon in our world. Not the kiddie version from the cartoon or Nintendo's game.

There're mature themes of suicide, torture of prisoners, torture of children, murder, abuse, animal abuse, prostitution, etc.

Why are topics such as love, sex, and relationships left out?

Can I just say that I love how each of these elements remain within the game, yet, Charlotte's cigarette was removed as of Episode 15?

You can drop all that "Rare Candy" all you want, but I'll be damned if we're gonna broach COPD in this game!

Can I just say that I love how each of these elements remain within the game, yet, Charlotte's cigarette was removed as of Episode 15?

You can drop all that "Rare Candy" all you want, but I'll be damned if we're gonna broach COPD in this game!

What was removed? I just played through the "jail break" with Charlotte and she definitely put her cigarette out on the good doctor's face.

That's not actually a question I know how to answer, 'cause I don't make the game. If you really want to know though, there is a place you can go to ask if there are any plans for romance in reborn, and why. That'd be this thread. Is the game a better representation? I dunno about that, it seems to me that it trades a universe of kid friendliness, goofy villains, and simplistic plot for a post apocalyptic universe of pessimism. Neither are particularly close to our own current day society in my opinion. Also I don't remember prostitution ever being a thing, or even ever being touched on in reborn, where do you remember it from?

Yes, as someone mentioned already, I was referring to the doxy's and their sexually oriented lines when you encounter them. You encounter them in the Peridot Ward right in the beginning.

Edited by NaughtyNomad

What was removed? I just played through the "jail break" with Charlotte and she definitely put her cigarette out on the good doctor's face.

In her vs sprite she was holding a cigarette in between her fingers and it was changed in E15, that's what Antilegend is refering to. (you can still see the previous sprite on the Characters page)

In her vs sprite she was holding a cigarette in between her fingers and it was changed in E15, that's what Antilegend is refering to. (you can still see the previous sprite on the Characters page)

Ah right. I actually just got to Charlotte's gym this morning. That gym is brutal! I'm hoping the RNG stars align so I can win without having to go back and level up my lvl45 corsola ... :-(

I'm still hoping this thread catches the attention of the Reborn makers... Romance makes everything better!

Edited by NaughtyNomad

I would be down for it, just because the game incorporates so many other themes, its like a bioware game but better so I don't think a romance option should not be completely disregarded, but I would understand why Ame would not do it, it will just add more stuff to her already full plate.

It's already in Reborn.

Pokemons can learn moves like Sweet Kiss , Charm ,Attract etc etc....

Well, It seems that Victoria has some feelings for the main character (I mean ME or YOU or whoever playing) too!!

I would be down for it, just because the game incorporates so many other themes, its like a bioware game but better so I don't think a romance option should not be completely disregarded, but I would understand why Ame would not do it, it will just add more stuff to her already full plate.

It's not that I disagree with romance being a concept in Reborn, but I feel it doesn't work in the player's perspective. First off, the player has no personality or dialogue other than whatever actions the player does. These actions honestly have little consequence when you think about it. Join a gang and the police? The two don't conflict at all. Doing so would have to give the player personality and morality. It's a cardboard cutout and romance usually takes quite a span of time to build it. No character has really shown signs of affection. I suppose you could argue about Cain showing signs, but he's like that towards everybody.

Now for the bigger problem: there are six different protagonists, but I suppose you could condense that down to 3. If Victoria and Cain were romance options, Victoria would be for the male protag and Cain would be for the...male protag. Victoria shows no signs of being Bisexual which in return means only a male character could have a romance (though she has a thing for Cal as we've seen). Cain is Bisexual, however, dating the female protagonist would kind of destruct his character arc considering his family story. Are you starting to see a problem?

I just thought of something else: what is the protagonist's age? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it's 16. There really isn't that many characters around that age. Charlotte? She was 14 during the league but I'm not sure if that's true in game. Unless the ages are clearly defined, there'd be some stepping into some red flag territories which I'm not so sure should be crossed. That really limits who the player could date/love in a game to the point of what's the point?

I'm sorry to kill the topic, but it's not going to happen as Reborn is based off of defined characters from a league and the game is way too far down the line to really implement it. I mean I'm not against Romances in a game. Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel did an excellent job with side romances despite there being a cannon one for Reyn. Not all games can or should do it such as Reborn.

• Global Mods

I just thought of something else: what is the protagonist's age? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it's 16. There really isn't that many characters around that age. Charlotte? She was 14 during the league but I'm not sure if that's true in game. Unless the ages are clearly defined, there'd be some stepping into some red flag territories which I'm not so sure should be crossed. That really limits who the player could date/love in a game to the point of what's the point?

Ame said the protagonists are 18.

Considering how young Dahlia (Ash's mother) is in the Pokémon series, and how early people let go of their children to go on journies in the Pokemon World it wouldn't surprise me that much younger people are considered adults.

It's already in Reborn.

Pokemons can learn moves like Sweet Kiss , Charm ,Attract etc etc....

Well, It seems that Victoria has some feelings for the main character (I mean ME or YOU or whoever playing) too!!

I'm sure there's all sorts of exotic fan fiction shipping Delphox and Lucario. Edited by NaughtyNomad

I may be the weird one in this topic, but I like the idea of romancing Taka. Since he first met us, he's been trying to help us out. Yeah, it seems like he just hates his father's business, but why choose us to help instead of anyone else such as the police officers from Jasper?

• Global Mods

I may be the weird one in this topic, but I like the idea of romancing Taka. Since he first met us, he's been trying to help us out. Yeah, it seems like he just hates his father's business, but why choose us to help instead of anyone else such as the police officers from Jasper?

The police in Reborn were disorganized and missing a lot of members. Whereas before we met Taka, we had already beaten one PULSE Tangrowth. So he probably thinks we have the best chance of stopping them.