Week 2 Matchups - All for One, One for All!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/reborn-ou-58198

A victory for Gaia, though a little too late. The battle was won, but the war was lost. Thanks for the game, Zumi

edit: The battle was played with OU rules because Conkeldurr was apparently listed as OU and not UU as it should be on the Reborn server.

Edited by Tartar

• Veterans

Well played, TarTar! I probably should've ran a defensive team, since I had a feeling you'd be running a scarf team, but I decided to ignore it for some reason (????? curse my stupid logic LOL) Either way, the battle was fun and I wish you luck in the next week against Phantom Vulcan!

• Veterans

As salty as I am over this loss(Considering we lost two consecutive matches due to hax), I have to commend Spine. He played extremely well, same goes to Hoehe. The hax is a shame but hey, just mons I guess :]

• Veterans

Dragonite apparently had E-Speed, so in the end the crit really didn't matter.

Apparently doesn't mean definitely. We(The spectators) don't know what Spine actually had on D-nite during the match so all we're doing now is playing a game of "What if..?".

Spine, it may be best to post a pastebin of your team to avoid further discussion.

I mean I get why the loss is hard. Simon had that one. But please, don't say Spine had no skill whatsoever. He practiced really hard and played his best. Bagel also played good, but the changes of getting critted are higher if you stall. I'm surprised there weren't more crits.

• Veterans

Spine, it may be best to post a pastebin of your team to avoid further discussion.

I mean I get why the loss is hard. Simon had that one. But please, don't say Spine had no skill whatsoever. He practiced really hard and played his best. Bagel also played good, but the changes of getting critted are higher if you stall. I'm surprised there weren't more crits.

I agree with this. A lot. Spine played extremely well and I give him nothing but praise for it. The fact that he was respectful enough to not gloat(Which admittedly, I would've done myself)is admirable. WP man.

@Jelly: Literally why? This is entirely inconsequential at this point. Many people in nations have lost to hax. Can't we just let this rest now?

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

we can only tell if he sent in the team first to his representative. im sure since the week is already over it wouldnt do any harm to verify the last move.

Jericho has Spine's team. So he should be able to confirm Spine's pastebin wasn't altered.

@Jelly: Literally why? This is entirely inconsequential at this point. Many people in nations have lost to hax. Can't we just let this rest now?

i need to validate my reason for being upset

• Veterans

Waiaiaiaiaiaiaiait. The Vulcanisateur nation lost? My 10-0 and 55-15< prediction are gone in week 2?

Brb killing Azery for a sec

Hey man, don't be coming after me for us getting super unlucky with the rng rolls :[

Dragonite apparently had E-Speed, so in the end the crit really didn't matter.

You can't say the crit didn't matter because it did.

252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 139-164 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO
He was at 51% when being sent out plus Leftovers, putting him way above the KO threshold

I really don't want to argue any further, but even without crit the TBolt would have done at least 20 percent, so it was a guaranteed win.

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs +1 0HP/4SpD Volcarona: 24% - 29%

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

As salty as I am over this loss(Considering we lost two consecutive matches due to hax), I have to commend Spine. He played extremely well, same goes to Hoehe. The hax is a shame but hey, just mons I guess :]

I mean, given how long that Sableye kept taking hits, it's not even really hax at that point to get crit. As for Volc, that thing was going to be at half health regardless, and there's no guarantee that the rest of his pokemon wouldn't have taken it down afterwards anyways.

• Veterans

I mean, given how long that Sableye kept taking hits, it's not even really hax at that point to get crit. As for Volc, that thing was going to be at half health regardless, and there's no guarantee that the rest of his pokemon wouldn't have taken it down afterwards anyways.

I personally count crits as hax but I do agree that it was inevitable at that point. The timing was extremely unfortunate. Anyways as it's been resolved, we should be moving on from this topic.