Competitively Casual

Greetings!

I read that I should enter this community by starting and introductory topic for myself, so here I am.

I was introduced to Pokemon Reborn by a friend and instantly got hooked on it. I could spend quite a while singing praises about the game's thematic shift away from the lighthearted mainstream games, creative puzzles, awesome music, and interesting resource management, but I'm sure everybody here knows already. The most important aspect of Pokemon Reborn to me is the balanced difficulty, as expressed by the thread title "competitively casual." Not as frustrating as taking on hardcore competitive battlers, but leaps and bounds above the actual console Pokemon games with a more robust AI, interesting original mechanics, and limited availability of Pokemon and TMs. This satisfying in-between level of difficulty is probably what sucked me into the game like it did and continues to keep me interested. Like the Dark Souls of Pokemon.

Aside from Pokemon Reborn, I'm interested in lots of Nintendo games like mainstream Pokemon games, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default/Second, etc. I play MMOs like Eden Eternal and LoL. I also enjoy other games I own on Steam such as Dishonored, Dark Souls, Stardew Valley, and games from the Half Life/Portal universe.

I thrive on puns. I think I have a hard time getting the big picture of what people say to me because my brain likes to go over each individual word first and to search for homophones or similarly spelled words instead. Give me any opportunities Sandile make a pun in response.

I'm known by my friends on Skype as Mr. Fish in reference to the Gyarados in the webcomic Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and other unrelated circumstances, and Magikarp Merchant on Pokemon Showdown. Thanks for reading, and I hope we all get along!

-MM

Edited by Magikarp Merchant

Hello and welcome to Reborn! Hope you enjoy your stay! We also have a Reborn server where you can do pokémon battles! Also, we have a PokéNation competition going on. If you're interested, you can sign up here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20652

Hope we get to know each other! :D

heey. i appreciate that you use a hyphen in "in-between", it's a level of grammatical correctness far above my own questionable standards but that still makes me wanna get the kind of drunk with you were we can sit in a wine basement together correlating expensive wines to bob dylan songs. welcome n all that jazz

Hello and welcome to Reborn! Hope you enjoy your stay! We also have a Reborn server where you can do pokémon battles! Also, we have a PokéNation competition going on. If you're interested, you can sign up here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20652

Hope we get to know each other! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I might have to decline on using the battle resources for the time being since online battles are like potato chips: just one more. Gotta devote some time and energy towards final exams. Once those are over, I also intend to lurk the forums more diligently~

heey. i appreciate that you use a hyphen in "in-between", it's a level of grammatical correctness far above my own questionable standards but that still makes me wanna get the kind of drunk with you were we can sit in a wine basement together correlating expensive wines to bob dylan songs. welcome n all that jazz

The fact that you pointed out the hyphen I used was in-between the "in" and "between" in "in-between" tickles my funny bone just right. Pleasure to meet you!

Replies are coming in faster than I had Anticipated. I just discovered the Multiquote button, and I apologize if the previous two responses are contributing to unsightly clutter of this newborn thread.

Welcome there, Magikarp Merchant!

Hope you enjoy your stay at Reborn.

Thank you! I have every intention of having a good time here.

vhyfxm.jpg

Welcome tot he forum! Hope you like it.

Can you sell me a Magikarp? They are pretty scarce in here...

Sure, I have a cache of 5-IV Magikarp that I'd bred for giving out to friends. If you're serious about the request, then we can hammer out the details of the trade later. If it's about Pokemon Reborn, we're all just going to have to beg Ame to Return the beast to the game in the next patch. I've got a good feeling about it being released [relatively] soon, though. Edited by Arkhi
Posts merged.

Hi there! Welcome to Reborn!

I'm glad you enjoyed Reborn and have decided to join the community! Hopefully you'll be around when magikarp makes its return to Reborn.

If you like puns you'll find plenty of people to make them with *cough* Viri and ICSW*cough*

Other than that, be sure to check out the Community Rules to the left, to avoid breaking any!

Hope to see you around!

Replies are coming in faster than I had Anticipated. I just discovered the Multiquote button, and I apologize if the previous two responses are contributing to unsightly clutter of this newborn thread.

No sweat, I've merged the three posts. As mde mentioned above, give the Community Rules a look-see and you'll be in the clear. Enjoy your time here!

Hi there! Welcome to Reborn!

I'm glad you enjoyed Reborn and have decided to join the community! Hopefully you'll be around when magikarp makes its return to Reborn.

If you like puns you'll find plenty of people to make them with *cough* Viri and ICSW*cough*

Other than that, be sure to check out the Community Rules to the left, to avoid breaking any!

Hope to see you around!

Thanks for directing me to the rules! I had no idea it was tucked away so conveniently there. Currently trying to tidy up my signature.

No sweat, I've merged the three posts. As mde mentioned above, give the Community Rules a look-see and you'll be in the clear. Enjoy your time here!

I appreciate the merging. There was a brief flash of panic as I perused the Community Rules and noticed the no double posting one.

And to all others welcoming me, even if I don't quote you directly this time, thank you very much! I feel the love.

Hello and welcome to Reborn, MM! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

I see that Michael has been kind enough to reference me already; look no further if you're on the pun side of life! Be sure to check out the Showdown server as well to let us know you better.

See you around!

Hello and welcome to Reborn, MM! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

I see that Michael has been kind enough to reference me already; look no further if you're on the pun side of life! Be sure to check out the Showdown server as well to let us know you better.

See you around!

Thanks! I'll be sure to Axew if I'm in need of a pun fix.

Welcome to Reborn, Mr. Fish! I assume that Water is your favorite type, non? Oh, and I like the font style in your signature. May I ask what it is? ^.^
Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Feel free to take a cookie to your left, but not the cake.

IT'S MINEEEEEEEEEE

Welcome to Reborn, Mr. Fish! I assume that Water is your favorite type, non? Oh, and I like the font style in your signature. May I ask what it is? ^.^

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Feel free to take a cookie to your left, but not the cake.

IT'S MINEEEEEEEEEE

Hallooooo~

Désolé, my favorite types are actually Bug and Flying (I guess Gyarados falls under this category, but I more so mean bird Pokemon). Individually, my favorite Pokemon include Alakazam and Gyarados, though. The font is called Noir-et-Blanc if I recall correctly. Thank you for the warm welcome and for the cookie. That's very sweet of you to offer

Hi Mr Fish, welcome to Reborn, hop onto Reborn server for some casual chat and occasional tourney and battle, have fun in Reborn and see you around friend :)

Thanks! How do I navigate to said Reborn server? Is it that button that says Reborn Showdown?

Hallooooo~

Désolé, my favorite types are actually Bug, Psychic, and Flying (I guess Gyarados falls under this category, but I more so mean bird Pokemon). The font is called Noir-et-Blanc if I recall correctly. Thank you for the warm welcome! Also what cookie? I don't see any desserts.

Edited by Magikarp Merchant

The fact that you pointed out the hyphen I used was in-between the "in" and "between" in "in-between" tickles my funny bone just right. Pleasure to meet you!

you noticed!! we're friends now, sit the fuck down so i can braid your hair

if you, like me, isn't too hot on the showdown, come have fun in the wastelands, the most accurately named forum of all time, a+ ame.

predict the next person to post is as pointless as it sounds but it gets you introduced to all the cool people aka just me. pokémon fan club is also pretty sweet, look at all these nerds.

sweet naming sense you have.

you noticed!! we're friends now, sit the fuck down so i can braid your hair

if you, like me, isn't too hot on the showdown, come have fun in the wastelands, the most accurately named forum of all time, a+ ame.

predict the next person to post is as pointless as it sounds but it gets you introduced to all the cool people aka just me. pokémon fan club is also pretty sweet, look at all these nerds.

sweet naming sense you have.

Yeah, I usually only play Showdown with close friends because I hate getting taunted [verbally by the opponent] during battles. Fires me up so much I can't have fun battling random people. However, I did go back to Showdown for about an hour and got to about 1250 with a mono-Bug team to collect replays. I wanted to post a few links in the thread where people share Showdown replays, but I lost track of where it is. Currently in the process of tracking it down again.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on the prediction thread till I'm a bit more familiar with faces around here through lurking.

Oh, and thanks for the names. I usually don't name any Pokemon, ever, but I made an exception for my Pokemon Reborn save. The game has a way of really making you attached to your main team, whether it's through being surprisingly reliable, or pulling clutch wins out of nowhere and saving you a ton of pain later.

Why, hello, hello, hellooooooo....

The names JUUZOU, but you can call me... JUUZOU......

Actually you can call me whatever you want but most of the weirdos here seem to like to call me Juu.

Welcome to the forums, sir.

I play LoL too, as do a few others, WHAT SERVER ARE YOU ON?????

Anywho, in conclusion, I'm edgy and I'm a great role model so you should look up to me but not try and copy me because that would cramp my style and harsh my buzz and just generally get up in my grille.

FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

(You stay away from my precious, now, y'hear!?)

Really though, I only bite in certain situations, most of which occur after a movie and dinner, so feel free to ask for help with anything should you need it!

Now until next time..... I BID YOU ADIEU

Why, hello, hello, hellooooooo....

The names JUUZOU, but you can call me... JUUZOU......

Actually you can call me whatever you want but most of the weirdos here seem to like to call me Juu.

Welcome to the forums, sir.

I play LoL too, as do a few others, WHAT SERVER ARE YOU ON?????

Anywho, in conclusion, I'm edgy and I'm a great role model so you should look up to me but not try and copy me because that would cramp my style and harsh my buzz and just generally get up in my grille.

FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

(You stay away from my precious, now, y'hear!?)

Really though, I only bite in certain situations, most of which occur after a movie and dinner, so feel free to ask for help with anything should you need it!

Now until next time..... I BID YOU ADIEU

Howdy!

I'm on NA for LoL, but I'm terribad and been out of the loop for so long. Only just recently readjusting to the Anivia change (my main).

Honestly, I'm a bit overwhelmed already. Everything about you from your prose to your profile pic screams over the top. In a good way.

I look forward to further associations with you!