So I just beat Noel...

Aikofox

And they commented how it was insensitive of me to set the field on fire and use the flames to my advantage with my Camerupt because of Charlotte. I was just wondering, what do they say if you DON'T set the field on fire? Is this a usual tactic? Did I influence the plot in any way?

They don't criticize you if you don't set the fire, rather they praise you for winning. And nah, the normal tactic was to use Fighting/Steel types vs Noel.

I wanna say that you did, but I'm not even 100% about this.

Yeah, I don't have any steel moves on my team, and my only fighting type is Gallade, and the freaking fairy types aren't effective against Camerupt, so I just blasted them into oblivion with Camerupt's Eruption. Totally didn't think about being sensitive, I just wanted to kill that damn Clefable XD I wonder what effect it has...

I haven't looked at the code for the fight, but yeah, it has like zero consequences in terms of lighting up the field or not. It might in Episode 16 (which you'd have to replay the whole game anyways) so don't really worry about it. Think of it as a bit of bonus dialogue for right now.

I haven't looked at the code for the fight, but yeah, it has like zero consequences in terms of lighting up the field or not. It might in Episode 16 (which you'd have to replay the whole game anyways) so don't really worry about it. Think of it as a bit of bonus dialogue for right now.

This. It's probably going to have effect on your relation to them in E16, just like completely smashing Serra's mirrors. But since that system isn't implemented in E15, it doesn't affect anything.

Tbh if you broke all the mirrors everyone should have severe cuts also I set the field on fire countless times but the fire would always be dowsed cause I was using a greninja when my arcanine died I didn't get anything saying that its insensitive about burning the grass to win. but thats interesting that you've discovered that its a battle with different dialogue afterwards like how you would answer a question with yes or no.

Edited by Crow_BlackFeather

I always thought those were just nods to how you battled. I understand some choices and actions will have dire consequences (I won't state, because the best example I can think of happens in either ep 14 or ep 15, so I'm not going to give out spoilers)

I will say why I think the fire was a little more than a "Oh you changed the field"

Spoiler warning I guess

I'm pretty sure this was stated prior to Noel's battle, but I'm putting this under a spoiler just in case. Because Charlotte's Vulpix accidentally caused a house fire, which lead to the death of her parent's, and seeing that this is at her sister's place, I think there's a link. Although, since it was stated that the poison was acknowledged too, it might not be that significant.

Oh, great, smashing Serra's mirrors will be bad in E16? CRAP. I like breaking Field Effects and turning them to my advantage.

I never change/ break Serra's field. I didn't even know it was possible in the first place. Maybe I should spend more time reading about the field effects, but that takes away half the fun for me.

Edited by Zargerth

I never change/ break Serra's field. I didn't even know it was possible in the first place. Maybe I should spend more time reading about the field effects, but that takes away half the fun for me.

Yeah, honestly, I didn't know you could break it. I just sent in Magneton and spammed Flash Cannon. Rekt her whole team.