Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Oh, the 10th of May announcement is already old news here, huh?

I hope this announcement literally says "There will be over 10 new pokemon, and all the starters will be Fire/Fighting" and that's it. :P

but it won't... It's being overhyped by masuda on his twitter even http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/3296364.htmlb0e7cdb4.jpg

I would expect at least a trailer .. On a side note, could this eiffel tower screen be a hint of the double region theory? (Yes, I'll cling to it till the end :ph34r: )

• Upvote 1

I'm really hoping we get starters and legendaries. Although that would be a lot of information is would be pretty cool.

In terms of legendaries I'm expecting a lion for sun and I'm not sure for moon.

I'm really hoping for a ghost/ ice wolf for the moon legendary. If that existed I'd get moon 100%

Well, I'm only interested as a spectator these days; I stopped playing Pokemon games after BW; and since I do not own a 3DS and completely skipped gen6, I doubt I'll spring now on another deviation. I'm only interested in the competitive aspect, so I'll wait to see what kind of broken stuff GF flings at us this time around.

*mutters angrily about Volcanion*

Well... Looking back at some of the things mentioned, especially the supposed link to the Gen 7 region with the mysterious idol, it would not be unreasonable to assume that Sun and Moon will be one of the more "primitive" regions, and while it is highly unlikely I will ever get to play it, I would like to see how they implement that into its storyline.

Unfortunately, considering that there was a complete lack of information, coupled with how quickly they announced the game as well as its seemingly short development time, it's quite unlikely they will have the time they need to flesh out the story much, which brings be disappointment. Add to the fact of The Pokemon Company auctioning off the rights to the Pokemon movies (and that the most prospective buyer is Legendary Pictures, which is now owned by a Chinese company), and it's starting to make me question how well they are actually doing. I hope I'm just reading too deep into things, but I'm still worried about the future of the franchise.

...Hopefully, we'll finally get to see Satoshi grow up in the anime version. Fingers crossed.

I swear if Italy is going to be the base for the new region... I might have to rethink a few things...

Then again, it might be pretty cool to have my fangame based on Italy too, since hopefully it'll be released around next year or so, but SHHHHHH

If it IS based on Italy or Spain though, it would make quite a bit of sense, since those two are in Europe and are near France quite a bit, and that inspired Kalos.

• Upvote 1

also recently on one of his posts masuda said ciao at the end hint for region confirmed

He's been ending his posts with "ciao" at least ever since the sunmoon announcement for may 10, but who knows. At this point I'd take anything over Hawaii

As for now, all aboard the hype train folks, our destination's but a few hours away

Edited by Masquerain

Now just waiting for art of the female protag. Cute as fuck.

I just realized...the fact that the designs are relatively plain can mean only one thing...

Character Customizationnnnn~

EDIT:

Actually the Japanese trailer pretty much confirms it.

Edited by Hiss13

Some quick thoughts:

-Character customization returning is amazing. Hopefully we can remove the hat? Please?

-The Sun boxart Legendary looks so cool, I really, really like it.

-Not too big on the starters. The Owl is ok, but I can't say that I feel the same way about the others at this current moment. I'm open to their final evolutions wowing me, or at least pleasing me.

-Trainers showing up in battle is something I always wanted in XY/ORAS because of Colosseum/XD, and now that it's here I really like it. That raises the question though, did they optimize the game engine? XY and at times ORAS as well could lag quite a bit.

-Looks like we'll be using the high quality models throughout the whole game instead of those models only appearing in select scenes. I approve.

I'm looking forward to Sun and Moon.

but Red... - NO, red-head option for the girl!! booooo!!! worst game ever!!! :D

seriously... as a lover of cute kittens... I guess I'm forced to use Litten ad my starter... and again Fire reigns supreme!

(and it will become an awesome Tiger! because it's the only appropriate chinese zodiac to be associated with a kitten!)

as for the Box-Legendaries... hmmm... Sun-Lion looks awesome, but I expected something else, since we already got a Fire-Lion last gen (seriously it just has to be Fire-Type)

the Moon-Bat-Thing looks creepily-awesome - I guess I'll be getting Moon.

And who else things Litten will evolve into a Fire/Dark type... I mean... it's all black and stuff...

• Global Mods

Yay, the teasing is finally done :D

The starters are adorable and I'm legitimately not sure which one I want. I've always had a clear preference before (which sometimes changed when seeing evolved forms), but if the middle and final stages deliver than I could see myself playing three files for each of them.

The player characters look kind of bland, but it's nice to see customization is back.

Both the legendary mascots are majestic.

The region seems small compared to other regions, but maybe we didn't see the full map. It also definitely seems like the region the NPC with the strange souvenir was talking about, based on the totems/statues.

Alomomola should be part of the regional dex.