Terrible Shiny Pokemon?

TaciturnPhoenix

I know people that like shiny weavile, but I'm not one of them. It just doesn't strike me right.

Then there are the classic ones: green fluorescent espeon, lime scrafty, whatever happened to ursaring, etc.

I think these awful shinies were the leading cause for the decision to make custom shinies for Reborn.

To me, some of the most horrible shinies are:

Spr_5b_461_m_s.pngPink and yellow Weavile,

Spr_5b_009_s.pngPinkSpr_5b_260_s.pngWaterSpr_5b_195_m_s.pngTypes,

Spr_5b_560_s.pngand poor, poor Scrafty.

Honestly I think Weavile, Blastoise, and especially Quagsire all look great in their shiny forms. Quagsire I am likely suuuuuper biased, however, as the one and only shiny I have ever actually caught in the official games was a shiny Wooper (Also being the first Pokemon I ever took the time to EV train/etc).

All the sinnoh starters to me have the worst shiny colors out of all the starters.

Also

598.png694.png695.png

you can kinda tell I don't like red and yellow mixing, although there are some cases I'm fine with it, but not here

Edited by IronWraith

430F.gif461F.gif260.png

I mean come on...which part of these speaks "PINK" ?? :unsure:

espeon_shiny_by_xandysprites-d7r4962.gif i love green but ...it looks really random on espeon

195.png just no 429.gif553.png

452F.gif can hardly tell it's shiny leafeon.gif

p.s. completely agreed on scrafty, heliolisk and pink water types

Edited by Masquerain

LIME GREEN UGH I also agree that the pink water types look bad. Especially Kyogre. (At least shiny primal kyogre is awesome with that sleek, black-and cream colour, more like a real orca)

The worst-looking shiny pokemon in my opinion are these:

aromatisse.gifxerneas.gifyveltal.gifzygarde.gif

They look like Bacon-Bird (Yveltal), Garish Ghost-Deer (Xerneas) and Toothpaste-Snake (Zygarde). As for the Aromatisse, it looks even uglier than the normal one, which is saying a lot.

LIME GREEN UGH I also agree that the pink water types look bad. Especially Kyogre. (At least shiny primal kyogre is awesome with that sleek, black-and cream colour, more like a real orca)

The worst-looking shiny pokemon in my opinion are these:

aromatisse.gifxerneas.gifyveltal.gifzygarde.gif

They look like Bacon-Bird (Yveltal), Garish Ghost-Deer (Xerneas) and Toothpaste-Snake (Zygarde). As for the Aromatisse, it looks even uglier than the normal one, which is saying a lot.

But I like bacon bird :(

toothpaste snake tho, that made me giggle. Their shinies just have all the black spots inverted to white and their shade of blue/red/green altered, it doesn't suit most of them

Edited by Masquerain

Green shinies are bad on Pokémon that shouldn't have a green shiny color palette.

Espeon would've been better off being a darker shade of its current color.

Dragonite looks terrible in green, it's not a "dragon" color whatsoever.

The only somewhat cool green shiny is Druddigon.

Ok, now you just started a flamewar. GREEN SHINIES, ATTACK!

*this music plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxoUmh2FCX4*

Green shinies are absolutely terrible, just look at shiny Espeon it's a glow in the dark pokemon that should not exist :I, other bad shiny: Feraligatr, it just looks... odd

Scizor.

I fucking love scizor, but it's light puke green shiny? fuck that shiny. I'm also not a fan of Magmortars and Electiviries, that pink looks hideous to me and would've gone far better with Black or orange or perhaps a deep blue or ominous white, IMO, to nod towards how the heat of flames affects their colors... And electivire... the literally like just changed the eye color and prong color and maybe changed the furs brightness slightly... over than that, it looks pretty lazy to me.