Odd Pokemon Sizes

BlackEclipse

You know what's one of the most odder things about pokemon? Their cannon height in the game. You think pokemon like charizard or noivern would be big enough to carry a person I mean just look at them in the anime:

Charizard

1634633-img46.jpg

Noivern

200_s.gif

They are both seemingly big enough right? Buuut apparently charizard is about 5'07" and a noivern is 4'11"! Most people are taller than them!

Here's a little fun game, take your favorite pokemon, guess their height, then look up their cannon height. I bet you'll be surprised at some of these heights.

thats very funny for me to but what i think is the pokedex states theier species average size and weight like in RSE threir are some people who judge pokemon sizes and they can be larger or smaller to their pokemon entries popular example in the anime ashs and garys krabby so its possible larger exist and will continue to do so

thats very funny for me to but what i think is the pokedex states theier species average size and weight like in RSE threir are some people who judge pokemon sizes and they can be larger or smaller to their pokemon entries popular example in the anime ashs and garys krabby so its possible larger exist and will continue to do so

That's a pretty good point you got their. Though, you still gotta admit that some of these entries are just surprising! Take Shaymin for example, the fella is only 0'08"! Such a tiny thing.

yeah it is but we have to presume for legendary pokemon it is presumed as we presume real life prehistoric animal sizes who arent complete skeletally or cryptid sizes and there are things in reality much smaller than that and much more complex

Hitmontop (4'07") is shown in-line with Politoed (3'07") and Wartortle(3'03"), with all three being within an inch (height) of each-other, and since Hitmontop is between the two, it's not just the camera.

Meanwhile, Joltik is correctly shown at an impressive 00'04".

You are forgetting that most people in Japan are like 4 feet tall.

Also in smash Little Mac, Charizard, Ryu, and Princess Peach are all the same Height.

Also Noting that Lucario, King Dedede, and Toon Link are also all the same height.

You are forgetting that most people in Japan are like 4 feet tall.

Also in smash Little Mac, Charizard, Ryu, and Princess Peach are all the same Height.

Also Noting that Lucario, King Dedede, and Toon Link are also all the same height.

He forgot to mention that the first trio are all around my height.

The second trio are only about 3 ft. tall.

Many American fighter characters weigh over 200 lbs. Look at scorpion and sub zero.

Ryu and other japanese characters are 160 lbs or less. again, look at ryu.

Kyogre is half the length of a killer whale and weighs less than 1/11th of a killer whale.

pfft, puny mortal.

moral of story: japan and gamefreak suck at sizing things.

The dex entries in the canon games are definitely way off. I also don't think it goes on an average size since legnedaries like Groudon are once off pokemon...

Also being "the shaper of continents" I would expect Groudon to be at least 30ft. The one in the dex entry is way too small..

One of my favorite Pokemon is Arcanine. I believe it's measured as 6'3" and it goes along with that by being pretty damn big in the anime. Yeah, a lot of Pokemon have size discrepancies, but it's not one of them. Also, am I the only one who feel the Pokemon anime shouldn't be seen as canon for anything in regards to the video games? Hell, they generally ignore the game Pokedex entries ALL the time (Granted occasionally those entries contradict themselves ala Magikarp).

• 3 weeks later...

Dunsparce, Furret and Gengar are the creepier ones to me. You'd assume furret is big enough to fit in your backpack, or hang in your shoulder. But if you put it there it will give you back pains. Gengar I'd imagine is around my waist in size, but nope: it is as tall as me, and as wide as 3 people. And dunsparce is a lot more fearsome when you learn how big it gets.

The anime gets sizes a lot closer to what a common person imagines, while the games constantly destroy our hopes and dreams to ride a charizard.