[OOC] Pokemon: Luminous Dawn

Jory

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry about the wait, guys. I'm about to post the final part of this colossal update.

EDIT: Colossal update finished. This begins the last part of Chapter 1. Let's finish this before May!

I spent all today updating. Gonna hit the hay, but y'all should post tomorrow. If you do we can be into the next battle by Friday latest.

Here's Alice's character sheet for future reference and so I can keep track of her levels.

Alice:

• Raven
Gothita ♀
Ability: Competitive
Experience Points Since Previous Level Up: 0
Level: 9
Moves Known: Pound, Confusion, Fake Tears, Psybeam
  • Mocha

Buneary

Ability: Limber
Experience Points Since Previous Level Up: 0
Level: 8
Moves Known: Quick Attack, Pound, Defense Curl, Baby Doll Eyes
  • Bag:

Normal Items:

Pokeballs (x4)

Potions (x3)

Paralyze Heal (x1)

Edited by Shadow Sketches

After Shadow's response, the main group will have reached the Pokemon Center. Make sure to heal and stock up in the next few posts. Keep in mind that our Trainers have not won any money yet. They are still working off their basic allowance, so don't go overboard at the Mart. I expect you all to know what is reasonable. If you have to ask, it probably isn't. As always, feel free to send me any questions you have or even if you just feel like saying hi :)

Also, this OOC doesn't have to be totally on topic. Feel free to share dank memes with your posts in here.

man-runs-into-stop-sign-o.gif

You want dank memes? I gatz one right here for y'all.

post-47716-0-83826800-1461581553_thumb.jpg

In all seriousness, though, my next Post will take place inside the Pokemon Center, since Shadow has Posted already.

You do remember that Joy Helmenson is the Nurse Joy of Acumula Town, right?

Edited by K_H

*Smells the dankness of old memes in the air, closes his magazine with a heavy sigh of frustration*

God damnit... see what you've started, man?

Look, I'll go do my reading in the IC thread for now. Call me up when it's time for the scene to start.

damn dank-ass memes stinking up the joint...

haha, joint. get it, cause... weed is dank... and joints are a Weed Thing sometimes...

...I'll see myself out now

EDIT: wait, KH, I think Jory was talking about a response to my post? Cause he made the post in this thread a few hours I made that post...

Edited by genderlesshawke

haha, joint. get it, cause... weed is dank... and joints are a Weed Thing sometimes...

...I'll see myself out now

EDIT: wait, KH, I think Jory was talking about a response to my post? Cause he made the post in this thread a few hours I made that post...

You're super right about that

I see no reason why either of those would be handled any differently than they normally are. The only real alteration perhaps being a minimum level cap before such evolutions can occur to prevent it being exploited early on.

I went back and changed Mio's purchases, hope that's alright.

It's not. just did the math, subtotal without Unova Sales Tax comes in at 3350 PD.

4 Potions= 1200

5 Antidotes= 500

2 Awakening= 500

2 Burn heals= 500

2 Paralyze heals= 400

1 Ice heal= 250

Subtotal=3350

Average trainer allowance for newbies just beginning thier journey is only 3000 PD. Each and every last one of the games in the main series affirms this fact.

Plus Jory did say...

After Shadow's response, the main group will have reached the Pokemon Center. Make sure to heal and stock up in the next few posts. Keep in mind that our Trainers have not won any money yet. They are still working off their basic allowance, so don't go overboard at the Mart. I expect you all to know what is reasonable. If you have to ask, it probably isn't.

You had to ask about it here because you weren't sure. That should've been warning enough that you're going a bit overbudget there.

I thought 500 more than normal would've been a minor enough amount, since in usd it'd be about 5 dollars. Also, just to clarify, I was checking in to make sure that changing what he'd bought was ok, not about his budget.

Of course I'll still go in and fix it, I don't mean to sound contrary or like I'm challenging you or anything, I just wanted to explain my reasoning and such.

A minor adjustment is fine so long as it's within reason. I only point out the slight overbudget because the 3000 thing has kinda been runnning in solid stone ever since the beginning back in 96. so just to keep things simple and uniform, it's best to assume that through tradition or what have you, that the standard amount for a new trainer to be allotted by their parents/ legal guardians at the start of their journey is 3000. 3000 is enough to get a few things, but not enough to make things too easy without having to actually work and fight for more cash

Really though, all you need to do is get rid of two items or so.

Yeah, I had assumed ₽3000 to be the standard amount. Sorry for not clarifying earlier. Let's chalk this one up to mistakes on both ends and all try to be more cognizent of things like this in the future.