Jory

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel better, genderlesshawke!

So this is a good time to explain how an extended break like this will be dealt with.

There won't be one.

That's fatal to most young RPs. Instead, your character will be "back seat." You know how in some TV shows, an actor will take a short break to do something else? Sometimes, they deal with this by not even writing in an explanation for their absence. They're assumed to be around, but doing other things.

Now that we're on Route 1 and have a battle coming up, I'll essentially be putting your starter Pokemon on an EXP Share if you're not there for the battle. Your battles will be rated one rank below what everyone else's is, so you will have slightly reduced EXP, but not so much that you'll fall behind if you post every so often.

If you want to pepper in updates, feel free, but don't feel obligated to. Your health comes first! I think I speak for everyone here when I say get some rest and get well soon!

Your loving overlord,

Jory <3

yes.

[EDIT]: Quick question, is it ok for there to be other Patrat hidden in the bushes besides the six?

never mind.

Edited by K_H

Well, kinda got ninjad on the update. I originally intended for them to come out of hiding when gomez hit the first one since it was clear to them you all were gonna interfere, but hey... works out either way.

so yeah... get to.

Yep! Just add it to the move list! However, be warned! If your Pokemon learns a new move, there's a chance of it Fizzling!

What's Fizzling?

It's a brand new mechanic designed to screw up your day! If a Pokemon uses a new move in battle, for that first battle with the new move there is a chance that your move will Fizzle! The more you use the move, the higher the chance of Fizzling (although it can still Fizzle on the first try!).

TL;DR If you try to only use your new moves, you're gonna have a bad time.

Oh, also, as a general advisory for this fight, please do not auto hit the rodents Patrats with your responses, as for the most part, they won't autohit you; unless you are dodging a ridiculous amount- because I WILL make sure your mon gets tired from it...

You see, it's kinda supposed to be a challenge- your first challenge... and if you can just land all your hits without any type of repercussions or being forced to try something new, or adapt or think outside the box and just post that you hit well... it doesn't become much of a challenge then.

so yeah, please don't autohit. that is all. Just wanted to make it clear they aren't fodder, but host controlled enemies.

Additionally, assume all battles without rules operate without rules; if you switch, you're going to take a hit unless you wait for an opportunity. However, most Trainer battles are in the Set style. This means no substitutions after knocking out a Pokemon. All Gym Leaders will allow you one free substitution.

The reason I'm having the Leers target all of the opponents is because Leer is a move that targets all adjacent enemies.

Kenny, he means only having one pokemon out and fighting at the moment. You currently have both partners in the field.

EDIT:

Hmmm... well, never mind then. Just disregard this post, I guess.

Let's test out this fizzling thing.

And I never knew Patrat learns Crunch at level 16. Gyarados had to wait 6 generations to get it...

I know, it's great, isn't it? At least I have something to give them a bit of extra Oompf here. because ten Patrats... well, the movesets can get a bit redundant after a while

Also, don't tempt fate... like one of you is already doing and doesn't even realize it.

OK, Stratos, Imma have to point out a few flaws in your actions.

Let's start with the Roleplaying aspects:

Firstly, you bunnied Lara and Leonidas, who are being controlled by me. You might be a Host, but that was just too far. Secondly, Lara and Leonidas were only trying to chase the Patrat away from the truck, not trying KO them.

Now, the gameplay aspect:

Dingo's usage of Run Away would've made the Patrat too fast for Leonidas or Lara to keep up with, seeing as that ability guarantees an escape in a Wild Battle. I've had personal experience with Wild Pokemon using Escape Moves to their advantage in X and Y with Sigilyphs that used Whirlwind, which frustrated me to no end. And I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of the annoying "Rapidly-Teleporting Abra" at some point or another. Oh, and then there's the Roaming Pokemon in the Second and Fifth Generations, which could run away on their own.

However, I am going to let it slide, since you are a host.

[EDIT]: This Post is now moot; please ignore it completely.

Edited by K_H