[Sign-Ups] Unova Reroll: The Brightest Journey

Jory

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been here. I want to take this opportunity to first explain what happened when I left. I had just transferred to a new college and needed more time to get my life in order. Honestly, for me the easiest thing to do was just walk away entirely. Now that I've established a schedule for the year, it's occurred to me that I have time to do something I love. But I wanted to do it on a basis that was easier for me. Then, I got a great idea for an RP. After talking with Stratos and ironing out some of the details, we've decided that we're going to become full and equal partners in hosting this RP. While a lot of the plot ideas and setting was decided on by me, Stratos helped me to shape it into a workable model and make it something we both agree is pretty fucking cool.

There will be an original plot featuring bad guys, good guys, drama, adventure, and some huge explosions.

Stratos and I are currently looking for 5 RPers to create original characters for this. Requirements are simple: Be active, be interested, and for the sake of everyone involved please use remotely proper English in your posts. Read on if you're interested.

Introducing the newest RP to hit Reborn:

Pokemon: Luminous Dawn

Welcome to Pokemon: Luminous Dawn, a vision for a new and exciting Pokemon RP. The original idea was simple- since Pokemon Black and White were pretty objectively the weakest Pokemon games, let's make a better version. And this means that this RP isn't just an RP: it's a game. In this game, you are an 18 year old secondary school graduate from Accumula Town who has been selected to be a part of a new research program funded and founded by the world-renowned Professor Juniper and her father, Cedric Juniper. You are one of six of these students. Unlike the Pokemon Trainers you're used to, you did not become a Trainer at a young age. Instead, you attended school and matured in a more traditional environment. Now, you are part of a social experiment that examines what the difference is between Trainers who begin at a younger age and their older counterparts. To parallel you, three students have been chosen from the graduating class of the Nuvema Primary School.

You will be going on a Pokemon journey across the Unova Region in order to bond with Pokemon and experience the world around you. There are Gyms to challenge and Gym Leaders to meet, as well as various Trainers who will be appearing throughout the RP. Find out more about the mysterious Brighter Future Initiative! Why are they stealing Pokemon, and what the heck are they wearing on their heads?? Find all the answers to your questions and more.

Pokemon Restrictions:

Yes, there are restrictions and they are simple. Your starter must be the most basic stage of a 3-stage Pokemon. It cannot be a pseudo-legendary and there will be only one person who has each starter. This does not mean they will not be available later on. There will be a limited list of Pokemon available through this RP. Each chapter, we'll be asking each of you for a list of 5 potential candidates and select one for you that makes sense based on the upcoming habitat and events. We will take your requests into account and it will be relatively rare that you will not get something you want.

Your family pet will be able to join you on your journey after the first part of the RP. What is the benefit of this? Well, it will start at level 7 as opposed to your starter's level 5 and you will have 2 Pokemon right off the bat. What are the disadvantages? Man, I'm glad you guys are asking such great questions. I was about to get to that. The Family Pet is a common species Pokemon such as Pidgey, Poochyena, Lillipup, etc. That means that generally they will not be as useful later in the RP. If you don't want to have a family pet or don't want it to come with you, don't worry! These are optional!

Mega Pokemon. The question on everyone's mind. They will be in the RP, but will not be available until later. They will be one per person and in order to gain your Pokemon's Mega Stone you will have to complete an arduous personal quest.

How to apply:

Ah, yes, the fun part. Here's a form. You're going fill out the second part in character. The application's due date is January 17, 2862. This means all characters should be born in 2845. Stratos and I may mix it up and tell you to adjust your application to fit a certain parameter, but for the most part you'll keep everything that's in it.

Forum Name:

Showdown Name:

Favorite Color and why:

Favorite Breakfast Food:

"Professor Juniper's New Project: Application for 2863"

Name:

Date of Birth:

Today's Date:

Name of Parent/Guardian:

Background: Include parents, siblings, hobbies, favorite subjects in school, athletic background, relationships with other characters that you can make up that might be relevant, etc.

Family Pets: (common species Pokemon)

Top 3 Choices for Starter Pokemon:

Why do you want to go on a journey with Pokemon? (3 sentences):

Please send all applications to both myself and Stratos in the same message. Starter mons are first come first serve. Same with pets. Except for Minccino. No one gets Minccino.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Veterans

Huh, came earlier than I expected...nice though. I'll definitely send in an app...eventually, probably sometime this weekend after I set up a schedule for stuff. Though plot wise I find Gen 5 to be the peak of the crop, BW was pretty 50/50 gameplay wise, something BW2 patched up quite nicely. Overall still my favorite generation by far though.

I'm probably not going to be able to do this one with my other outstandings and with trying to open up the giant monster ((Hehehehehe)) that is the Experiment known as Heartless Souls, however, nice to see ya again Jory lol. Thought it was a bit of ashame losing a genuinely fun dude to RP with, so, I'm happy you're back lol. I hope this goes super well for ya! But an active player role would be pretty tough for me so that's not something I think I can do right now. Anyway, good luck, I think I'll read along with this bad boy.

Ah hey, I remember this dude. May have been a while back, and never really interacted with you, however you seemed like a cool dude at first. I gotta throw myself back into the fray one way or another. Shall start crafting an application tonight or tomorrow.

My Signup Message is mostly complete, I've just got to flesh it out a little.

Would a Pokemon be considered eligible for a Family Pet if it were popular in-universe?

You can always describe that in the RP. Makes very little difference to me what your character looks like. It's kind of just the icing on the cake and I don't need to approve it. If you do anything bad enough for me to notice you have bigger problems

Yea Appearance is barely actually needed. It's nice, but not required. Why do I put it in my sign-ups? Cause I personally, use appearance to help inform other things about my character and vice versa. I like to put their personality into their physicality, and to apply that to add to their over all feel as a character. However, Appearance is just surface stuff at the end of the day and not 100% required to be known. After all, we'll never actually see the character. However, it just makes them easier to visualize. It can easily be done in the RP, not written at character creation stage.

Don't be afraid to pick a starter that evolves at a higher level. We've already adjusted someone's Timburr to evolve at 19 and then into Conkeldurr at 38 instead of its normal level and trade evolutions. We'll decide on an appropriate level for your evolutions to make sure you don't miss out on one of the most exciting parts of Training a Pokemon!

Ahh, one more question. Should the background and the "Why a Pokemon Trainer?" sections be written in third or first person?

Sudden flashbacks to medical school application and interviews. Why Medicine?

Well that explains a few questions I had in the back of my mind. Also, you need to play Diamond/Pearl again if you're going to call B/W the weakest in the series. But I get the point. It's good to have you back. And while I love the idea, I've been kind of busy so I'd more or less hold everyone up (and there's always something I could or should be doing anyways) so I'll sit this one out due to that.

• Veterans

D/P was solid though. #Nostalgiagoggles

D/P was a 7(8)/10, Platinum was a solid 9 if not a 10 though, personally. I'll start writing my application today I guess.

I really need to replay D/P again... It's been so long.

And I actually never played gen 5 (or 6) so I can't really say it was good or not. I tried starting B/W on a rom, but it crashed after I obtained one of the elemental monkeys and I got annoyed. Both with the crash and the monkey so I quit.