Dragon Monotype run!!

Pausaunias

i resently had the idea to begin a dragon monotype run n reborn but i dont know exactly what to do!! why?? the only available dragon types in early game is noibat and "trapinch". Altaria and tyrantum is far away into the storyline and dragalge is hard to catch early too. Also i dont know how early horsea is available. what do you think about the matter??

Edited by Pausaunias

Your answer is this thread here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18256

People doing special runs often request some pokemon to be added to their save file because there aren't enough available.

Post the save file you want to do your mono run on and which pokemon you want as your new starters then they'll be added.

i already got as starter treecko, (by already requested a gible) with the idea of the mega sceptile which is mega. the point is that the early game is still really hard. i have gabite, noibat and trapinch at 33-35lvl and i hardly destroy the machines because of that damn Glaceon &*)&*(^*(%%^&()^&*()^(&^(^)%%*&. Now i have problem with the bug gym. That damn Masquarain with the icy wind destroy my gabites speed which i need because my trapinch is too slow to kill imidiatly the bugs and my noibat is just too weak in matter of def and attack and cannot make a critical change to the match with his wind attacks. i dont say anything about treecko for obvious reasons. And now i am stack here. I have attrack on Gabite to immobilize the pokes with ice attacks but ............ nm. Also there is no fire TMs so early so thats another problem. If anyone can help......

(Also in jasper in order to deafeat the glaceon i used grolwith....... my bad.......but i lost again so i got stuborn and defeat it with only my dragon types thanks to the power of ATTRACT-> thnk you lord for that TM :P )

Edited by Pausaunias

ok i recently crossed the same point on dragon run youre stuck in it took me little trick first got to the department store get a few x speed and x attacks and a few healing items evolve trapinch to vibrava make sure it has rock slide now when you start first send out random pokemon to sponge the intimidate now switch in vibrava make sure to switch on a faint or at a really weekend foe now use one pokemon to keep damaging the others so shelly wastes her turns on ultra potions once you have 2 x speed and x attacks up just rockslide spam would 1 hko everything except wormadam trash just use gabite with dig itll weaken it enough to win may take a few attempts but keep calm and dont give up

Fire pledge is available from a move tutor as well just to let you know. I forget the exact location right now though

starter exclusive move and you can spam dragon rage on it with one pokemon it has only so much hp

well noibat can set up tailwind to help boost speed for yer team. Well ampharos can get fire punch if you use heart scale( note you have to go back to older episode where the heart scale lady is available early). Other than that idk what to do meh you should have started with charmander XD but oh well.

i finally beat her but it was so hard. i got her with dragonair and gabite at start. i x attack x2 in dragonair and attract the mosquair with gabite. i instakill it and seriously injure the illumise. she switch her to anorith and ad wormadan. i kill instanlly anorith and lower the def of worm. with gabites rock smash and deal bigger dmg with the dragonairs rock slide. so she put heather as 5th poke. i kill it instanlu with rock slide. the worm. took a little dmg from my rock smash again and die of my rock slide so double KO. in the final mutch she throw volbeat and the dmged illumise. the 2 of them used dazzling gem and double KO me. then i throw out vibrava and noivbat. the vibrava flinch volbeat with rockslide but noibat bie from illumises daz.gem, she dodge my r.slide (dammit so close). and i had left with vibrava (hp around 45) and a 21 lvl grovyle. i did quick attack at volbeat and i deal huge dmg with rock slide which kill illumise and seiously dmg and flinch volbeat. the last turn was gonna send me to hospital(in real life -_-). volbeat used struggle bug first and left my vibrava with 4HP oh my god (damn luck) but grovyle fainted. i didnt risk at that turn a rock slide because i fear the miss chance so i used dragon breath and i finally won it after 2 days of continues battling(reset and reset all over agein -_-) with her.

now that i see what i have wrote i think i could be a good battle reporter (real life :P ) -_- lol.

Edited by Pausaunias

It might be a good idea to plan for the "trouble gyms" way ahead of time (for you Ice, Dragon, and Fairy). Thankfully, the lattermost is much later in, and Dragon will just be an OHKO contest, if Fire vs. Fire is anything to go by. That leaves Ice, which, given Gible, Flygon, and Noivern having a 4x weakness... could take a while. At least Vibrava/Flygon will have Earthquake by then to remove the field. Still, once that's done, you've got a decent stretch of easier gyms to deal with.

Edited by Cobalt996

against tera wack an air baloon on garchomp and all other non flying dragons her first instinct in buldozing them(pun intented) by that point you may have kingdra and dragalge surfs and hydro pumps later only garchomp and quaqsire will be a major threat the later of which can be ruined by dragalges toxic if you have the cotton candys for it and as for garchomp and all other dragons in game its a double edged sword there strong against you but so are you now fairys are a hard part as the only major non legend counter a dragon team has is dragalge and mega charizard X so so sludge bomb em.

tip.Ko teras first pokemon asap or you will regret it as for her field garchomp might wanna stick with dig or brick break or dont use him much at all stay close to dragalge altaria and kingdra as well as sceptile here