Pokemon Lifesavers

BlackEclipse

• 1 month later...

Swalot with acid drench, sludge bomb, yawn, and body slam, could really neutralize a lot of threats. Also really strong in doubles with my dusclops and hex.

Also, Golem. I'd bring him in with sturdy to break anything that was trying to sweep my team, especially PULSE-abra, where he tanked a hyperbeam then dropped it with two earthquakes. I also dealt with Dittorceus by collapsing the cave with him and some sturdy Gravellers I picked up.

First Playthrough:

Gardevoir~

tumblr_n5zp8y33UO1rsrk2xo1_500.gif

Back in the day, Ralts was in the little shack where you had to pay the bum money to gain access to. Once you evolved it into Gardevoir, It completely destroyed everything

Dragon mono:

Goodra~

tumblr_inline_o1sljhkH6Z1tmibr6_500.gif

Goodra was amazing once it evolved in my Dragon mono and it just annihilated everything in it's path and looked adorable at the same time~

Steel Mono:

Empoleon~

tumblr_n9sou0hEG71sz7xgpo1_500.gif

Sooooo bulky when it evolved and it helped in a lot of gym battles. Also my fav starter <3

Second Playthrough:

Gyarados~

6239b66b503f753192ca23ca2b780615.jpg

OMG PLZ NERF

First and foremost, I have Squall the Typhlosion. When I first started Reborn, I didn't realize how difficult the game would become, so the poor thing was docile. Despite that, Squall has become a one man wrecking crew, and has really earned his nick name Lion Heart.

Next up is Morgan, the Meowstic (F.) I can't even begin to explain how many times Morgan has saved by sorry self, as she was often able to hold her own against gyms that have the obvious advantage against her. Morgan's wide variety of beam attacks makes her a little glass cannon, being competitive really makes her dangerous against most foes.

Tarkus the Scrafty doesn't really need an introduction. He's a Scrafty.

Grace the Sylveon became an unexpected member of my team, but utter hatred of dragon types has really made her a useful member of my team.

And then we have Gaia. Poor Charolette.

I know for one fact that Seaking has always been there for me. That fish is a trooper! He helped save my team from when I was battling Blake in Episode XIV. He turned the field into water, and with Dive, I made sure none of Blake's Pokemon would harm me with Blizzard. Without Seaking, I don't know what I would have done.

However, Seaking also saved me AGAIN against the PULSE-Swalot. After teaching Seaking Soak, that Swalot was losing health by its own field, and Seaking even took in the damage like the trooper he is. (I might name him Trooper, actually)

It depends on which play through I did. Since I am a habitual perfectionist, I only bothered with the more competitively useful Pokémon, and as soon as I had full access to the breeding mechanics, I got around to raising an armada of perfectly IV-ed and EV-ed monsters. (It is kind of heartless, I suppose, since I don't assign individuality to any of them and view them mostly as a tool, if honed to meet my standards, or else discard them. Yes, I know it's a game, but to each their own kind of satisfaction.)

So, it'd be an exaggeration to term any of them as 'lifesavers' but I suppose they do their job, which is what is expected.

On my Steel mono, Empoleon, Metagross, Forretress and Magnezone were useful, since together they resisted almost everything and could support the team ably, allowing Bisharp and Lucario to clean up afterwards.

On my regular play through(s), Greninja, which I picked first and bred first, pulled its weight well. A klink and a pancham which I caught only to be used against Florinia came in useful, since at that time I was underequipped to deal with grass types. When Gardevoir was available before Kiki, it was useful against her. Curse Cofagrigus with maximum investment in physical bulk was able to dispose of Solaris's overleveled Garchomp. Beyond that point, there were no significant difficulties until earlier versions of Charlotte. Arcanine and Kingdra were a help then.

In early game, Arbok with Glare and Wrap really did well against some of the tougher enemies, and I remember Banette being the reason I beat the Giant Steelix and PULSE Abra, otherwise I would not have done so. Nowadays, Gourgeist-XL is just being amazing with Leech Seed, Phantom Force, great bulk and Pickup!

Cheryl(Gourgeist) is great. Unexpected comebacks with Shadow Ball and Leech Seed, then a good Razor Leaf for them double battles with Ground/Rock/Water Types.

Caretaker(Aromatisse) is good with back support with Aromatherapy. Very offensive with a combo of Calm Mind and Moonblast/Psychic.

Z(Swalot) was only good for Toxic. It did slowly take out the opponents' Pokemon.

Wispy my Ninetales will-o-wisp is a extremely useful and has been the sole reason I have won many battles. More importantly drought is invaluable to somebody using a team that is %90 of the time just fire types. The ability to dampen the power of water types and flair up the power of fire types has saved many of my team members more times than I can count.

Man the moxie Mighthena that took of almost all shade's team helped a lot early game !

From mid-game I would say my clawitzer. I upgraded its spe attack's ev to 252 and with its favorable nature he did almost half the work in almost all big fights thanks to its talent and its great movepool !

And of course Infernape that OHKO a looooooot of difficult ennemies !

Edited by Razkar

• 2 weeks later...