Favorite Game/Game Series?

0 Jordinio 0

So, what is your absolute favorite game or series of games?

Personally, although many disagree with my choice. I have a preference for the Final Fantasy 13 series, I just loved the characters, graphics, story, world building and more. Without a doubt, my all time favorite game in Lightning Returns and series with all three of them.

What about you guys?

Well, the fact I am on a Pokemon Forums shows that my favorite is Pokemon, but I have always loved Pokemon fanmade hacks, things like Reborn, Glazed, things like that, but Reborn is my favorite fanmade because it is the only one to have a really detailed plotline, the only one that has given me 'grief' so to speak, but if we are talking main series, probably Crystal, but that is because it was the first one I played, if we are talking outside Pokemon here, then probably, don't hate me for this but Lego Harry Potter or Lego Hobbit, I really like them, and they were the only on my two favorite series I knew of at the time of purchase, anyways, hope that was the kind of response you were looking for..

~ Skies (RainbowHugs)

Other than Pokemon? Let's see.......
Nope. Pokemon is love, Pokemon is life.
I'm a filthy casual in the world of gaming. But I like MMORPGs and MOBAs though. I don't love specific games in particular. Except maybe that one.

#LongLiveTheChase
*cries in a corner*

• Veterans

fire emblem, smt persona and pokemon are my current favourites tbh (also undertale but thats not really a series?? still a very good game tho)

i still want my fire emblem fates european release date dammit. nintendo please

Edited by Zumi

• Support Squad

howamimeanttoanswerthisidfk

In terms of sheer enjoyment and a feeling of success, SMT franchise. In particular the Digital Devil Saga. To this date it's the only fixed party game where I have fought just about every random encounter and enjoyed it. The progression in skills, characters and story and the visuals on the whole I think are a match fro a good amount of games to this day.

SMT, the Persona side. All the feels, and the game isn't so easy it kills me. I really aught to play the games that aren't Persona ones, but I started on Persona 3 and for the longest time I didn't realize that that was only a small part of it all...also I still haven't gotten around to playing Undertale yet.

I'm giving away my geezer side, but I've always been enamored with the Mana series, ever since I was a kid. Secret of Mana is one of my oldest vivid memories.

They just do such a good job of making cool, whimsical worlds, likable characters, and making really big moments that elicit powerful feelings from me. Especially Legend of Mana.

Even though it's a more disjointed "many small episodes you can do in any order you want, if you find them all" style, they did a really good job of making each one, every little outing you do, meaningful. And even with that disjointedness, they manage to make overarching stories and connections between characters you wouldn't expect, and they really work hard to make every character appreciable for their role, whether or not you 'like' them in the end.

The gameplay isn't normally very challenging, but they manage to make the boss fights really engaging anyway, with big, bombastic enemies and attacks, and powerful boss music. It's really more of just the spectacle of it, than challenge in and of itself.

I think that's quite enough gushing for now.

My favourite game/series?

Probably Golden Sun, because it has very interesting game mechanics and great music (in my opinion).

The music was pretty awesome. If you don't have copies of the tracks, you can find 'em here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/g

I really don't know which game series I could put as my favorite. There are just too many to choose from.

• Earthbound was a surprisingly long game with a lot put into it.
  • Golden Sun was a great series and definitely one of my all time faves.
  • Lost Kingdoms combined card collecting and upgrading with live action battles really well with great music and monsters.
  • Folklore was similar to Lost Kingdoms, with similar game play, good music, and a very interesting story and lore.
  • Custom Robos was a lot of fun and customizing make a huge difference in play style, while the dialogue on the gamecube game was actually pretty great.
  • Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash were the best of the series. The rest just aren't fun.
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 shines as the best game of that series in just about every aspect. It was just so fun and the physics just flowed.
  • Halo- I've sunk a lot of time into the series' multiplayer over the years.
  • Megaman Battlenetwork series was great for real time battles with a lot of depth to combat strategies. You had to dodge attacks and position yourself to land your own and so many different attacks and combos to use...
  • Animal Crossing is its own breed of game that is surprisingly enjoyable with so many different things to do and collect.
  • Phantasy Star Online- it's like Monster Hunter, but way better. Not exaggerating, just simple statement of fact.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now but my ps4 calls me away...

o boy

Pokemon (third gen holds a special loving place in my heart), Persona 3 (the first game that actually made me cry), Persona Q, Ape Escape (1 and 3 in particular), Super Mario World, and Animal Crossing off the top of my head. Oh, and a couple of the Sonic games...Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Unleashed.

lmfao im sonic-loving trash