Anybody addicted to a particular game series

Samtale

• Developers

just curious if there is one game series or multiple series that you cannot get enough of and optionally explain why your addicted to the series

game addiction: assassin creed

I started playing the second game in the series and it had many interesting lore building moments to it and as I got more of the games the lore sucked me in making the whole series feel like the kind of history I wish I would of learned in school. right now I have 7 of them going on my 8th

Edited by smeargletail

just curious if there is one game series or multiple series that you cannot get enough of and optionally explain why your addicted to the series

game addiction: assassin creed

I started playing the second game in the series and it had many interesting lore building moments to it and as I got more of the games the lore sucked me in making the whole series feel like the kind of history I wish I would of learned in school. right now I have 7 of them going on my 8th

Same

Here comes a list of games most of you probably never even heard of before!

1) Ar Tonelico: my absolute favorite series of all times. A duology of games for the PS2 (actually a trilogy, but the third one is for PS3 and I have no way of playing that). You probably heard of the first game, "Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia", because I had started a playthrough of that very game here on this forum, but unfortunately IRL issues and the release of Se7en forced me to abort that project ;-;

2) Persona. Ok this one, this one you have heard of. I have the first four installments and boy, do I love them all. It's too bad that, from the looks of it, I won't be able to play the fifth one anytime soon.

3) Disgaea: THE series that brought me into the whole JRPG genre. I discovered the others mentioned here while looking for "other games like Disgaea" (in Persona's case, I went Disgaea->Devil Survivor->Persona, while in Ar Tonelico's case... Well, both series are distributed by NISA).

4) A little gem I discovered only recently: Luminous Arc, a duology for the DS!

5) And then of course, my little guilty pleasure: Akiba's Trip U&U for the Vita!

1. Any ATLUS game, I've fell in love with SMT, Persona and Etrian Oddysey. They get a really deep story, with nice gameplay and overall good balance of hardness

2. Final Fantasy, have follow it from the first series since I have SNES in my home and loving it

3. Pokemon, need to say more?

4. Card Games, like Yugioh, Vanguard or Buddyfight, I like strategy and player interaction, in which I play IRL as well as online

1. Definitely a fan of pokemon series.

2. Disgaea is one of the best series ever, started with 2 first but have now played all except the ones for portable platforms.

3. Breath of Fire, I love all of them except Dragon Quarter. I don't understand why there isn't more love for this series.

4. Final Fantasy, I liked most of them but wish they would try to steer clear of sequels like they used to.

5. Fire Emblem, huge fan of strategy.

6. Summon Night Swordcraft Story 1 and 2. I could play them on a loop an endless amount of time and not get bored.

All the other games I play I wouldn't say I'm addicted to but I'm never without a game. Always either have my ds or a friend's console to play on when I'm not home.