Which stat would you specialize in if you were a stat trainer?

TimTim

Gen 4 introduced a type of trainers called stat trainers, which basically means that they specialize in certain stats and train exclusively pokemon which excel in particular stat. My question is if you were a stat trainer, what stat would you be focusing on and why? Mine is special attack, as my favourite types Psychic/Ghost/Ice are mostly special sweepers, and my signature mon for it would be Roserade.

Hmm. I generally run a special attack focused team, but I always make sure to run at least one strong physical attacker to counter special walls. And finally, I always carry a wall of my own for tankiness and support.

I guess you could say Special Attack is my stat as well.

Physical attack. I try to sit down and make a team, only to realize 10 minutes later that I have 6 physical attackers. It's a rough life.

Signature Pokemon would be Garchomp. This thing always makes it in my squad, as a homage to Cynthia.

Actually, Speed is a cool stat too. You can be more diverse with it. MVP would be weavile or aerodactyl

Edited by wytch_doctr

I don't think I'd want to focus my team on one stat, because I prefer to have my team be a diverse as possible.

Being a "stat trainer" and trying to have a diverse team would probably be next to impossible.

Coincidentally though, it still offers far more of a potential diversity than a mono type would.

anyway I personally would likely go with HP, for the same reason others have already said- dat bulk... I'd probably give it a twist though- rather than having a cut off of about one hundred or so, I would likely be willing to train mons whose Stat was as low as 80 and just have them EV trained to be as bulky as possible. That way, I could still use my favorite threats in the field such as Porygon's line, Empoleon, Scizor, etc.

Speed, so I can have both physical, special, and supportive Pokemon rather than just focusing on one offensive stat.

EDIT: Y'know, I might just specialize in slow Pokemon, for Trick Room strategies. I kinda like some of them, like Reuniclus, Sylveon, Scizor, and Jellicent (which I'm using for Redemption)...

Physical Attack. Mostly underlying with the power to beat in face coupled with a love for typings that rely on physical attacks, and there's a lot of ways to change this stat, particularly in the meta with crap like burns and Intimidate having open season on physical attackers.

Also there's ways to make diversity while specializing in only one stat. Monotypes can still have their walls and sweepers with a buttload invested in Attack, and proper items and moves backing it up. There's no such thing as wasted potential here.

I am trainer who specializes on speed! As long as I am the first to move I can use any strategy I want. Sweeping or flinching or whatever. I am gonna outspeed you and if you live long enough for a revenge then I am going to outspeed you again and eventually win. Speed of lght is the limit though! :P. Weavile and Alakazam are always the top mons obviously!

Edited by Kookies

I easily would have one of the Defensive stats, probably going with Defense((but really, Health, SpDef and Def are pretty similar mons most of the time, so there's a lot of overlap there.)). I dunno, I just really like defensive strategies and bulky offense is sorta becoming more the style I like to play. Big fellas that can really take a hit ((most pretty well SpDefensively as well.)) Who needs speed when you can just survive their hit taking barely any damage and just pop them in the face, knock them out and continue fighting?

It's probably my love of Drain Moves ((Drain Punch, Giga Drain etc...)) that really makes me like this type of mon since they are the best users of them. I really really just dig these moves since nothing is better than doing damage and healing at the same time lol. So, the moves would also complement my style.

Coincidentally though, it still offers far more of a potential diversity than a mono type would.

anyway I personally would likely go with HP, for the same reason others have already said- dat bulk... I'd probably give it a twist though- rather than having a cut off of about one hundred or so, I would likely be willing to train mons whose Stat was as low as 80 and just have them EV trained to be as bulky as possible. That way, I could still use my favorite threats in the field such as Porygon's line, Empoleon, Scizor, etc.

Huh.

Well, I guess I'd focus on speed, then, since a number of my favourite pokemon are at least a bit fast, like Noivern and Staraptor for example.

This is tough because I have always liked fast Pokemon, especially in earlier generations.

But, that being said, I have a very VERY soft spot for Defense. Take whatever you get thrown at you and whittle them down. And my mascot would probably be either Bastiodon or Cofagrigus.

Probably physical attack for myself, I absolutely love 'mons with high attack stats. And some of those 'mons have very high speed/defense as well, which is always a plus.

Although if you wanted to choose the stat that would have the best chance of winning every battle, Special attack would be best because of psyshock for those special walls