Skeleton

So, here's my general opinion on the game thusfar as I'm only like 2 and a half hours in and that's all I've been willing to put forward into it.

I'd consider myself a veteran when it comes to RPGs. I've played all types of RPGs and there are some that just never clicked while there are also those that I'm willing to play over and over again. I've played Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, and many others as well. I only just bought Undertale on Saturday or something like that. By this time, the game had been out for a while and people were having orgasms about how good it was. I heard it was kind of like Earthbound, so I decided "Eh, it's only $10, what the hell." I bought it, installed it, and put off playing it until the next day. I booted it up, played it for a couple of hours, and then shut it off to play Binding of Isaac.

I am just absolutely bored to tears with Undertale.

Right off the bat, I actually enjoyed it for a little while. I liked and enjoyed the little throwback to how games used to look during the retro era and thought it was a very fitting styling if it were trying to make something in the same vein as Earthbound. After the opening, I started to get annoyed with the game. I thought everything was just a tedious thing to keep the player occupied. The world opened up a bit, sure, but it felt so slow to progress anywhere. I actually enjoyed the battle system if that's any consolation that the game gave me. But honestly, it's just that (in my short time) everything felt so slow and I felt like nothing was getting accomplished.

Eh, I'm not sure about it. Right now, I wouldn't recommend it because, honestly, I've seen this before. But I'll try and get myself to finish it sometime.

I'll agree with you; I was bored at first too. I only played it because of my friends constant pestering. The ruins are tedious but the game really picks up from Snowdin and is very fast-paced after that point.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

I'd argue that this game isn't merely something you have to experience by playing. I know, sounds ridiculous, hold for a second. When it comes to story driven games that are normally more impactful when playing, see Telltalle games, Life is strange etc also, I've never had an issue with attaching myself to a story or felt I was missing out in anyway. I still got attached to the characters, I still managed to appreciate the intelligence behind the mechanics, I still got teary eyed when the story cranked the feels machine. Just food for thought.

Spoilers for Genocide run!

*hello it is sans... *trying with all the determination *my friends. will you come *determination, go here

*humans who are... *they possess are trying come join them? *good luck.

*brother killers are... to kill me, like they have *if you have said...

Edited by Solarance

I just watched the Sans fight and Genocide ending. I feel dirty just watching them, but now I know I really did the right thing when I just closed the game after the true pacifist ending. I now have no desire to actually see anything else from that side of the game. Only good thing to come from it was Megalovania music, but it probably could've been used for Flowey instead.

• Veterans

I don't know if anyone has posted this here yet, but...

Here's an endless Sans simulator which you can play! Of course it's not as varying with the attacks as the actual battle (yet), but it's fun to see how long you can keep up. My highest score on GOOD time was 188.82 seconds c:

Edited by Mettaton

SPOILEEEEERS

Anyone ever thought of anything about WD. Gaster? Is he really a scrapped character? A character with relevance to the plot, or just a joke of Toby's?

My bet is that Toby wanted to have a good Easter Egg character in the game to get people thinking. Perhaps Gaster is there to fill in a small amount of plot (the origins of the core) or maybe he has something to deal with the Bone Brothers (Gaster appears to be a skeleton, plus Sans uses the Gaster Blasters in his battle.) If Gaster never gets some proper information/lore, I'd be fine, as I feel like he's the perfect Head Canon character.

• Veterans

My bet is that Toby wanted to have a good Easter Egg character in the game to get people thinking. Perhaps Gaster is there to fill in a small amount of plot (the origins of the core) or maybe he has something to deal with the Bone Brothers (Gaster appears to be a skeleton, plus Sans uses the Gaster Blasters in his battle.) If Gaster never gets some proper information/lore, I'd be fine, as I feel like he's the perfect Head Canon character.

if you'd look into the comments section of this video, you'll be able to read some pretty damn interesting (and some very solid) theories on who W.D. Gaster is and what his intentions were as well! You should take a look at it, it's like one of the few times that the Youtube comments section isnt utter garbage :V

• Veterans

On the other hand, what do you guys think of the other 6 human souls? Honestly, it's a little terrifying that they're all actually humans like Frisk who died in the underground, and we never got to know their stories.

I think either Sans, Asgore or Undyne are responsible for the other humans' deaths, although Sans is debatable. Undyne and Asgore seem more likely, considering Undyne has actively been hunting for humans as the captain of the royal guard, and Asgore... Well, he speaks for himself since he's the one who had the 6 souls in the first place. But then again, Sans said that if it wasn't for Toriel, who begged him to not kill any humans that might come through the door of the ruins, the player would be dead where they were standing, so there's no real saying if he actually did kill the other kids or not.

I like how you can find the items the other kids used before though, and how they reappear as a vital element in Flowey's fight, and the music kind of adds to how these kids probably were. Other than that I don't know much about what these kids' intentions were, but I like that there's still plenty of room for speculation about that.

Edited by Mettaton

Wow, so many spoilers x.x

I'm just going to tell you all,

Genocide is the best thing.

Be like me,

Don't do a neutral run,

Just go straight for the genocide.

Killing everything is the best way to play.

I guarantee, you'll have a good time.

undertale___the_many_faces_of_flowey_by_