[OOC/Sign-Ups] Flight of the Tree of Knowledge--A ToAru-Verse RP

Hiss13

Makoto-chan is so mean, why can't they be excited, like Haruki?

All jokes aside, I like how this is like, the genderbender team.

Well, being chloroformed and forced into a hit job really wasn't how xe wanted to start xyr day/ spend xyr night or whatever the hell time it is in the story right now...so there's that; Kita's talkativeness right now really just happens to be exacerbating that already underlying bit of annoyance...

But yeah, it's kinda nice to experiment and explore new tropes and such. Spread one's wings and what not, investigate new territory and characterization that one's never tried before.

writing Xe/They constantly will take some getting used to though, but eh...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Next post will be the last portion of the debriefing post so it will take a bit of time before I actually post it since I want to update the IC along with add some NPC profiles to the OP at about the same time. Well, basically once I can compile everything properly. :P

At the end of the next IC update from me, your PCs will be privy to all of the info that will be written in the NPC Profiles for the targets.

Why can't there be more time in the day…I have too much stuff I want to work on and not enough time…Why, real life?

• 3 weeks later...

Damn it... breaking this habit of constantly defaulting to binary pronouns for a character is gonna be a harder one to break than I thought...

Anyways, just outta curiosity, were any weapons we had on us confiscated by any chance?

No. I was originally going to do that but I figured that would be an annoying extra step of getting new weapons that would detract from the fun…though getting new weapons is not an impossibility.

Unlike organizations like GROUP or ITEM, this is mostly a ragtag group of individuals collected for one mission. You guys don't have an armory where I can allow you to get a set of arms as a force since the group will disband once the mission is complete.

Edited by Hiss13

• 2 weeks later...

While most people, even Accelerator would try to avoid a commotion…Meh. Up to you. Feel free to do some collateral damage already.

He was more concerned about doing something about the hole cut out of the bathroom wall, but Kamijou was much too afraid of losing his deposit to go crying to the dorm supervisor. He began trying to escape from reality by wondering if there was some mysterious masked carpentry group that could repair the wall to as good as new.

The secret battles in the dark side of Academy City had all evidence and traces of destruction covered up, so he was convinced someone like that had to exist. The problem was he had not the slightest clue how to contact them.

I mean, it's a hotel room, they're not generally made to secure people from leaving. So either it's a really wimpy lock or they swapped the door out. In the former scenario it would be no big deal to break the lock. In the latter it means the hinges won't be attached as tightly as possible (no matter how well done the job was, there will be screws somewhere, which will be looser if they are not from the original assembly) which means she can disassemble it with just about any hard flat surface such as a splinter from the desk. Unless of course the screws into the wall/door are phillips-head (which is weird for doors) or the door was replaced at the hinge itself in which case the methods of opening it become significantly more complex depending on the type of hinge and she moves increasing closer to just breaking something

Oh, and what are the walls made of? Concrete or plaster?

Loohcs tneve emag noitamina cisum

EDIT: Oh, although actually, Kiyoko probably wouldn't think to check whether or not the door had been replaced right now, too grumpy. So if the door's been swapped she'll probably skip that

IDK, I was looking at my bedroom door when I said all that and it made sense

Look at it this way: You put her in an extremely insecure room and are expecting her to either play along and be trapped or make a big mess getting out. Which is silly whether or not my knowledge of door hinges is accurate

*Thinks it's just some dialect of Foreignese at first glance*

*Looks a bit harder the second time the same string of letters shows up.*

Music Animation Game Event School

What the hell is the significance of anagraming these words into the post?

EDIT: Nevermind. Lord Google has shown me the answer.

Mages... banish me to limbo? Lols... you must not've read the member title.

Banish me to limbo.

Fool, please, I have journeyed through the nine circle of hell before. Limbo is nothin' ta meh; It would be a literal step up by comparison in fact.

Anyways, I'll try to get something for Makoto in the next few days.

Not Mages, MAGES., in all caps, with a period

Also, I will do it with the perfect hybridization of magic and science, and it has previously been established that science is your bane, so there

Unless of course you could direct me to the source of Duck P, I do take bribes...

(Not even close to being in character BTW, just taking her funny aspects and slapping them into my own talkiness)

Also, I will do it with the perfect hybridization of magic and science, and it has previously been established that science is your bane, so there

>In a ToAru RP

>Talking about hybridizing magic and science

tumblr_m8lbhmCU1K1roi9fwo1_500.gif

Reminder that only four characters have ever succeeded and two ended up with craycray internal injuries while doing it.

Edited by Hiss13

• 3 weeks later...

*Pokes* Hey, just wanted to check if Strat wanted to post or if I should go ahead

I'll post tomorrow assuming Strat has no objections

Hmmm? Oh yeah.

I was gonna post something, but then Murdoc came up with that continuation of the conversation about abilities and what not and asked Kiyoko something... so I decided to just hold back a while and see her response to those two just keep going on and on... thought it would be funny encase she raged against the two of us or something for carrying on when we're supposed to be starting a hit mission. XD

With serious the whole premise is, I imagine we should try to get in some comedy when we can.

So yeah, go ahead... sorry, I probably should've said something about my change of plans earlier. just kinda slipped my mind.

I probably wouldn't have posted sooner NEways, exams were happening. I was basically thinking along the same lines as you, just wanted to double check that you didn't want to do something first

Also I still need to know what the walls are made of

Heh. Don't worry about comedy. There will be little breathers though sparse they may be (though, that also depends on where you decide to go). This is a ToAru-verse RP so the absurd nature of this series is something I will definitely be trying to shine through in this RP.

EDIT: As for walls, go with reinforced concrete. I should have mentioned this earlier.

Edited by Hiss13

• 2 months later...

Well, this is my first time managing an RP

Though, what actually happened is...I missed a piece of Strat's post where he said Makoto closed the call from this end and was waiting for him to post the whole time. Then on Sunday (Murdoc can attest to this), I realized that I missed that bit of Strat's post after reading through the thread again...so yeah. Yuiitsu will shut down out little motormouth's talking spree and we will finally move on some time this week.

Terribly sorry about that. This is my fault.

Finally updated. Yesh.

The world of Academy City is now open to you. Obviously, there are places where access is restricted but I've left the city open for you. Will you jump straight into the search? Will you take any detours? I wonder where you guys will go~