Solaris Garchomp getting chomped easy....

Delamorte

I started playing Reborn since episode 15... So I am quite new.

Anyway, I am at the part where you fight Solaris Garchomp.

Well I looked through the other threads who did beat him with various techniques. Most of them kinda depend on luck.

Except maybe the FEAR strategy. Oh I gave this a lot of thought and tried to think of various ways to get the Garchomp being burned seeded or any kind of ability which hurts him a the end of a turn, but neither does Flame body or anything else exist at this point of the game. Maybe I overlooked something, but as I realized I need the "Trickster" ability.But as some things changed you cant get a Pokemon with the "Trickster" ability so early in the game anymore. Well I dont know if there are some other 100% strategies but I came up with a very easy one to pull off for everyone.

Next to Shades Gym there is that cave. I cant remember what its called atm. Anyway when you reach the end of the cave there is a smoochum being corner by a hugh bear Pokemon (Excuse me please, I stopped playing the original Pokemon series after the 4th Generation so I dont know many of the Pokemon). He is on level 57. After beating him the Smoochum wants to join your party.

So as far as I checked that should be the only Pokemon at this stage of the game that you can get which can lern "Perish Song".

Get your ass on training that Smoochum. I would advise you to give him an everstone or stop his evolution, because Smoochum learns that move on lvl 45 whilst Jynx learns it at lvl 55. (By the way training it is very easy by going to the Great Hall and fight the trainers there, put it as first Pokemon and keep changing it in and out, while beating your foes with other Pokemon. I would suggest to fight one of the trainer with more evolved Pokemon, they give more exp. I needed to fight the women only 8 times.)

Now all you need is a Focus Sash, which I acquired somewhere on the way, I dont remember where. Use Smoochum as first Pokemon. First move Perish Song and then all you need is fodder for 3 rounds for the Garchomp.

I hope I could help some of you who would also like to get the changed event which should occur later in the game or if Ame decides to give the people something extra for this accomplishment at all.

Thoughts and Comments are much appreciated :)

I think some people use Destiny Bond on a Weezing to beat him too. Yamask should also be available too, so a focus sash destiny bond combo might work. I never actually tried it myself, so I can't confirm or deny if it works.

Hmm as I said, I missed out on quite some new Generation stuff. Especially moves. I also only know of Perish Song, since some AI used it in a fight before.

How does Destiny Bond work. You use it and if the Pokemon kills you, it dies too?

So like you use Focus Sash, use Destiny Bond and in the next round when the Garchomp kills you it dies too?

You're meant to use a quick claw and destiny bond it takes a while but it works, also some people might not want to use the focus sash because it's a consumable item since gen 6 meaning it can only be used once. You could also quick claw perish song as well in that case. Also the bear pokemon is called beartic if you were curious.

Edited by micky33000000

Haha, thanks. Beartic it was. Wow I am impressed as how many strategies there are.

All of them sound very good, but they take some luck and skill to pull off. Or too much time investment.

A question on the side, this hidden abbilities, when do they work? I dont quite understand how this ability thing works if they have more than one.

Hidden abilities work the same as the original first and second abilities, and all pokemon can only have one ability at once, pokemon with hidden ability are rare in the core game starting from black and white series(as dream world ability originally) onward(not so rare in Gen 6 tho) and are highly sought after due to their capability in battles~Say Beartic the mon you mentioned, the original ability is Snow Cloak which raise evasion during hailstorm(evasion is less reliable in battle) hence, most people will seek for Swift Swim which is HA, which in term increase speed during rain, are useful esp when you are building rain dance team and make up for the poor speed of Beartic(Snow Cloak Beartic will not have Swift Swim and vice versa)

Edited by TimTim

I think you mean Prankster, not Trickster. Prankster raises the priority of status moves by one, putting them on par with quick attack and the like. Prankster Murkrow is available in the Aqua hideout on windy nights. You will need to soft reset until it gets perish song as it's egg move. You can use ability capsules to change the ability to prankster. Or failing that you'll need to make sure the murkrow has Prankster ability and perish song egg move.

Hmm as I said, I missed out on quite some new Generation stuff. Especially moves. I also only know of Perish Song, since some AI used it in a fight before.

How does Destiny Bond work. You use it and if the Pokemon kills you, it dies too?

So like you use Focus Sash, use Destiny Bond and in the next round when the Garchomp kills you it dies too?

Yup. This works on like everything too, d-bond is ridiculously broken lol.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Wow thank you guys. This really explains a lot. I could somehow rhyme things together, but I didnt know exactly what those things meant. I gotta say, not having played the 4th, 5th and 6th Genereation really put a big hole in my knowledgebase. Especially with the breeding stuff. Things got so complicated with EVs and whatnot. That you cant simply just have a Pokemon anymore.

So I have some ability capsules. Just to be sure, how does it change the abilties? Does it have a scheme if it will go from lets say Ability 1 to 2 or to the HA. Or is it just random?

Wow thank you guys. This really explains a lot. I could somehow rhyme things together, but I didnt know exactly what those things meant. I gotta say, not having played the 4th, 5th and 6th Genereation really put a big hole in my knowledgebase. Especially with the breeding stuff. Things got so complicated with EVs and whatnot. That you cant simply just have a Pokemon anymore.

So I have some ability capsules. Just to be sure, how does it change the abilties? Does it have a scheme if it will go from lets say Ability 1 to 2 or to the HA. Or is it just random?

1 to 2 to HA. Or if the pokemon only has 2 ability, then it's 1 to HA.

Oh man I hope you understand the physical/special split then. 4th gen was important in changes mainly due to this.

To add to what monochrome said, the categories of physical and special attacks are no longer based on type, rather based on the characteristic of the attack itself, say dark type, prior to gen 4 all dark types move like bite were treated as special attack since the entire dark type was categorized into special, however gen 4 mechanics changed bite/crunch etc into physical, dark pulse(gen 3 didnt have dark pulse) etc as special, i mean, bite, crunch and foulplay make physical contact, there is no way it is special right? I think EVs and IVs already existed from gen 3 but no one ever paid attention to it as competitve battling wasnt popular back then due to the interface~

Edited by TimTim