Galuna Seven: Interest Check

Felicity

• Support Squad

Because I'm insane, because I want to see if this is possible, because apparently Co hosting, participating in 3 other RPs, School and a fan game just aren't enough, I'm going to ask you something.

Wanna be a badass space warrior? Oh, you have Destiny? Ok then

Basically, I want to run a short term RP with an end in sight from the get go. The players would play a strike team on the Planet Galuna Seven chasing after a rogue Merc unit who stole an experimental device from the leading Government of the 9 inhabited galaxies SENTINEL.

Like I said, I'm thinking short term. This is pretty simple. Sci-fi Action RP with a single goal, to recover the experimental device. Depending on what people want I can provide classes akin to those seen in Hukunas Graterras Clash of Fates or Lexis ANKL or I can allow more free reign profile creation, a la Kuros Mithra and prior RP Gaelach Basm (Sorry if that name was butchered)

Thoughts, suggestions, warnings, whatever you got, put it down. I'd like to hear it.

• Support Squad

I'm interested. The more types of RP games played makes me a better RPer. The RP's you mentioned are akin to Latin to me... is there a place I go to learn about them?

Just search around a little in the RP forum and skim the OOC OP, You'll see what I mean.

Seems interesting, I'd be cool with this. Though if it's rather short wouldn't be considered as a Reroll? Not saying you should change it to that, just putting it out there.

If that's what people want, I can roll with that. You see that joke? Applaud me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that rerolls utilize prepared characters created by the hosts themselves to allow for the RP to progress all the faster. What Dobby is suggesting would still have player created characters and thus not be a reroll.

Yea we've never had a big Sci-Fi RP 'round here. It be cool to see in that sense.

If you use a similar system to Clash's classes ((which I think I'm going to use for like all my Fantasy based RPs now probably since I really dig it.)) you're going to need to warp it a bit lol. It's mostly focused on Fantasy-Based systems I think it'd be a tad awkward for Sci-FI stuff.... unless you go full like Destiny with it ((which doesn;t feel sci-fi to me it feels more like Science Fantasy lol.))

• Support Squad

Yea we've never had a big Sci-Fi RP 'round here. It be cool to see in that sense.

If you use a similar system to Clash's classes ((which I think I'm going to use for like all my Fantasy based RPs now probably since I really dig it.)) you're going to need to warp it a bit lol. It's mostly focused on Fantasy-Based systems I think it'd be a tad awkward for Sci-FI stuff.... unless you go full like Destiny with it ((which doesn;t feel sci-fi to me it feels more like Science Fantasy lol.))

*Coughs at Strats Exodus*

And yeah, alterations would go without saying. I was just talking about the model.

*Coughs at Strats Exodus*

And yeah, alterations would go without saying. I was just talking about the model.

Strat's wasn't based on signature moves etc... like Clash's is. I didn;t jsut mean classes specifically I mean the structure of Clash's system is made to work with Fantasy Settings more so then it is with anything else. So, it'd be hard to just shift a system like that straight into this without kinda a lot of work. ((and just probably making a new system would be less time consuming anyway lol.)) But yea, I don't mind if people want it and I'd definitely try and help skew the system towards it ((cause I might be able to use it in an RP I may make XD.)) so yea lol.

Strat's wasn't based on signature moves etc... like Clash's is. I didn;t jsut mean classes specifically I mean the structure of Clash's system is made to work with Fantasy Settings more so then it is with anything else. So, it'd be hard to just shift a system like that straight into this without kinda a lot of work. ((and just probably making a new system would be less time consuming anyway lol.)) But yea, I don't mind if people want it and I'd definitely try and help skew the system towards it ((cause I might be able to use it in an RP I may make XD.)) so yea lol.

Think he meant that Exodus was a previous Sci-Fi RP that people seem to be forgetting, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, I'd normally love to join this, but I'm barely keeping up with school and the RPs I'm in. My planned return for The Awakened hasn't even been able to happen because of that, and now I wonder if it's just too late for that RP. The point being, it sounds pretty interesting, but I unfortunately just don't have the time to join. Best of luck with it though!

Like dayum ya'll, I know it's been a while, but we did have one around here at one point... IT wasn't very big because I don't mess with anything administration wise larger than ten people, but still...it did exist... I just couldn't keep going on with it because of my own personal reasons.

So, glad to see other people are finally gonna take a crack at the Sci-fi Genre for RPs here again. It is a good day, a good day indeed... seeing as I've got too old for this shit hung up the robes and everything, I kinda gave up on it's potential, figured that Sci-fi would always just be something that barely existed on the fringe here, never really take off or grow in popularity, just be that one awkward kid who always sits alone in the corner during lunch, unnoticed... (because seriously, around this place, Sci-fi is about as rare as a unicorn... which is ironic in a way XD)

Anywho, enough of that.

I think it's pretty obvious you've at least got my attention here.

Like dayum ya'll, I know it's been a while, but we did have one around here at one point... IT wasn't very big because I don't mess with anything administration wise larger than ten people, but still...it did exist... I just couldn't keep going on with it because of my own personal reasons.

So, glad to see other people are finally gonna take a crack at the Sci-fi Genre for RPs here again. It is a good day, a good day indeed... seeing as I've got too old for this shit hung up the robes and everything, I kinda gave up on it's potential, figured that Sci-fi would always just be something that barely existed on the fringe here, never really take off or grow in popularity, just be that one awkward kid who always sits alone in the corner during lunch, unnoticed... (because seriously, around this place, Sci-fi is about as rare as a unicorn... which is ironic in a way XD)

Anywho, enough of that.

I think it's pretty obvious you've at least got my attention here.

To be fair... I'm working on one myself... I'm just havin' trouble figuring out how I want to do it without swamping myself in prep etc... Universes... they suck man. I also don't think it's lack of interest jsut... there really hasn't been many that have tried here so it never had or gained any traction. I think that's more what was going on then the fact that there's no interest lol.

To be fair... I'm working on one myself... I'm just havin' trouble figuring out how I want to do it without swamping myself in prep etc... Universes... they suck man. I also don't think it's lack of interest jsut... there really hasn't been many that have tried here so it never had or gained any traction. I think that's more what was going on then the fact that there's no interest lol.

Yeah, thats a point too... not like they're actually dying or anything from inactivity or the like, they're just not really being made too much...

As for some suggestions on the question of classes, I think perhaps the best way to offer some structure but still allow a good deal of creativity is to try out a very basic Class System like I ran in Exodus. Perhaps establish all the different occupations on the battlefield, make it clear what their job is, how they function, but leave it up to the Players themselves to customize their own character with whatever skills are available for that class... kinda like you're typical MMO RPG or something- yeah, folks are gonna be in a similiar role, but even then, depending on how much work the developer puts in and how extensive the system is, no two characters are ever going to be alike in their exact strengths and capabilities. Kinda adds to the realism in my opinion.

Of course, this requires a shit ton of time and work to devise all the basic class skeletons and the skills available for players to individually flesh them out... but I can say from experience that trying this might actually be worth it. Hell, if anything, the Class system was one of the things I had the least in-Hindsight design issues and regrets with during the course Exodus' run.

Yea it worked pretty well since there was some flex room and most stuff was abstract enough it could be blown out a little to make it different from others in some case. ((since how you use your skills is just as important as the skill itself in a character.)) Sci-Fi stuff it harder to use a "class" system imo just because characters are more similar. Like most people are going to be using Firearms etc etc... so traditional classes in Fantasy don't make sense. ((unless we are going Science Fantasy which allows one to do stuff like Jedi's... which are basically... Magic Wielding Knights that happen to have swords made out of lasers.))

Mine... I might not have classes and just crew roles ((but that's since mine would be more ship focused when I get around to it.)), which would influence ones' skills, but not really like persay a class. Sci-Fi is just a very different beast and it's harder to tie in the things that make Sci-Fi cool in a way that's not weird. ((since classes feels very Fantasy as opposed to Sci-Fi imo they do feel ever so slightly out of place if not done well.)) It's jsut a very different beast lol.