Magma Stone Choice [Spoilers]

Korlif

I just got to the spot in the game where I will have to choose between saving the elder or keeping the magma stone. I've heard that giving the magma stone away means that I won't be able to get the TM for magmadrift later in-game. Not sure what the "karma points" are worth in this game, so I'm asking you guys whether or not it's worth it.

she doesn't die...cera was just trying to fake you out the magma stone just breaks but you get the bigger piece and it still works...and about #thewhale ...am i the only one questioning why no one threw a pokeball at it?

Yeah, I just saw that in a playthrough. I'm kinda kicking myself for not choosing to take the stone. Oh well. Hopefully Karma works in-game

Update: I am at the summit and I think that I skipped #TheWhale! OAO

I got to the fight with Sharon and Eli and I thought, "Hey, shouldn't I have fought it by now?"

and spent a few hours trying to backtrack. I finally found the room but nothing triggered and no one was there.

I don't know how I did it, but it happened. Maybe it triggers later if you gave up the stone? I dunno...

• Global Mods

I did one file where I gave it up and one file where I kept it, and I was able to summon the whale in both as soon as I got to the mountain and made it calm. It's probably set to disappear after getting to a certain point, maybe after the barricade scene.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...