financial aid office adventures

Jelly

just wanted a place to record some of the shit that i get when im on duty.

-one time a girl wanted to know why she wasnt on the roll at any of her classes. come to find out she had not paid for her classes and was just showing up and living at a school she TECHnically wasnt enrolled in (heh puns)

-one time a man came to my window with his own desktop computer and made me walk him through filling out the MPN for his loans

-the same man came in an hour later and asked where his money was

-one time a lady had 7k in holds (all parking violations) and tried to sweet-talk me into taking them off her account. when i told her that only the campus police could verify that the holds should be taken off her account she called me the "fucking best stupid shitty student worker ever" and walked off

-last week a grad student asked me to tell him how he could see his classes. he had been going to the school for 6 years.

there's more and i might add them. these are just the most notable shenanigans that go on

-one time a girl wanted to know why she wasnt on the roll at any of her classes. come to find out she had not paid for her classes and was just showing up and living at a school she TECHnically wasnt enrolled in (heh puns)

A similar thing happened to me my freshman year, lol. I hadn't authorized my financial aid for the semester so I hadn't paid fully, and got dropped from all of my classes. Good times.

updates from yesterday:

-(preface: the daughter in this story had came into the office and asked that her mother not be able to see her information) a mom pretended to be her daughter on three different occasions so she wouldnt have to use her daughter's access code and look had her aid. surprise surprise lady we need the access code to discuss anything over the phone!!!! i was the only one working phones that day and she filed a complaint about me saying how disrespectful and unhelpful i was : (. my supervisor cleared it off of my record hehe

-had to call campus police on a guy who kept coming in and walking up to the counter my coworker was working at and asking her out. he did it 4 times in the span of 2 1/2 hours.

-guy came in asking if he can get special loans for his medical condition. he proceeded to tell me how he was prone to flea bites and even put his leg on the counter to show me all the welps and sores on his leg. i asked to go home for the day because i got sick lol

that's all from yesterday. was a generally slow day apart from all the crazy

Edited by Jelly

-guy came in asking if he can get special loans for his medical condition. he proceeded to tell me how he was prone to flea bites and even put his leg on the counter to show me all the welps and sores on his leg. i asked to go home for the day because i got sick lol

jelly pls,,,

Do you get a free therapy card at the end of the month jelly?

lmao all this shit

only one notable thingy from the last couple days

-i had to teach this girl's grandmother how to print, fill out, scan, and email a request for revision of financial aid form to our offices over a span of 2:30 hours. she called when i got into work and sat down, all the way up until i had to leave.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that sounds like a very frustrating job. But I wished you worked at our school because we could use talented financial aid people.

My husband had to turn in an appeal to be able to receive the financial aid we were given, which he did. He got emailed by the people who accepted the appeal, just asking a few more questions, which he answered.

A week later, we hadn't heard anything, so he wanted to check on the status of the appeal. Called the office, and they said they'd never seen it. He said "Yes you did, you emailed me about it"

They searched and apparently someone lost it. Whoo! /._./