Pokemon Revolution

._. I know you are all excited about the whole gym leaders having individual themes but the likelihood of that staying is very slim for many, many reasons. The biggest reason is that they're the easiest thing to cut because they don't matter much. (Let's be honest, one time only songs are forgotten unless they're in a very major plot point). We're also in the idea stage where so many things are subject to change.

Maybe I should explain everything that is going to happen with the story designing. Right now, we're in the idea stage. This is the point where everyone can throw in anything no matter what. This is the best way to get creative ideas that no one person could think of. The brainstorming here has been great and will help immensely make the story unique. Unfortunately, we can't have 15 people write a story, otherwise, we'll be here for two years working on it (or it'll end up being subpar and rushed). Usually, this stage ends when a "rough" outline has been established. I'd say this stage will last another month or two before moving on.

The next stage is the drafting stage. This is probably going to be the point where 2-4 people get together and work on fleshing out the story. Depending on what Jacob wants to do, he may or may not be part of this. There'll be a lot going on outside of the story and people are going to be doing individual tasks and start creating the game. This stage is where the people start writing everything that will happen. This is a very slow process and the more people there are the slower it will be. Not everyone is going to agree with everything and changes will be made until finally a draft of the entire story is created.

What happens after that will really depend on Jacob. Obviously, they're going to give him the finished storyline for him to look. Likely, there will be things he doesn't like and asked for them to be changed. The team would have to comply and then make the said changes until he is satisfied with what he sees. One member probably would be dropped for this point in order for him to script out the story as not everyone is a top notch writer. The game will almost indefinitely be in the making for this stage and likely Episode 1 or the first beta will be out to play before a finalized storyline is created. (good writing takes forever...trust me on that).

I'm not saying this to sound like it's going to happen. I'm just saying it as that'll likely be what happens. I'm sure some of you would rather work and talk about other stuff than tiny details in a story such as music, starter pokemon, and event pokemon. I could care less about those and would rather work on the plotline no matter how minuscule or uneventful some section is.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a counter to the whole 'too much to download' point. A lot of the standard routes and towns have the same themes, thereby cutting back on the amount of songs needed. We'll really end up using about 6 songs for towns and about 8 for routes, maximum. If an area has a lot of relevance to the story, it may earn it's own theme. Besides, I couldn't hurt all these people by denying them something they've worked so hard for.

Are we going to use GxC music for atmosphere, or just some battles? Aside from the Admins' Overworld themes (If there's still going to be more than one), we don't have a clue what kind of atmosphere music we're going to be using.

I saw we removed her period.

I've been putting together some atmospheric music. We aren't completely boycotting GxC (her music is good, just overused),we'll have some of her themes for battle and atmosphere, we just won't be heavily relying on it like other games. At some point, in about a year, I'll have the ability to make my own, hopefully good, remixes and themes. Until then, we'll use what we can find. And I have found quite a few good tracks.

._. I know you are all excited about the whole gym leaders having individual themes but the likelihood of that staying is very slim for many, many reasons. The biggest reason is that they're the easiest thing to cut because they don't matter much. (Let's be honest, one time only songs are forgotten unless they're in a very major plot point). We're also in the idea stage where so many things are subject to change.

Maybe I should explain everything that is going to happen with the story designing. Right now, we're in the idea stage. This is the point where everyone can throw in anything no matter what. This is the best way to get creative ideas that no one person could think of. The brainstorming here has been great and will help immensely make the story unique. Unfortunately, we can't have 15 people write a story, otherwise, we'll be here for two years working on it (or it'll end up being subpar and rushed). Usually, this stage ends when a "rough" outline has been established. I'd say this stage will last another month or two before moving on.

The next stage is the drafting stage. This is probably going to be the point where 2-4 people get together and work on fleshing out the story. Depending on what Jacob wants to do, he may or may not be part of this. There'll be a lot going on outside of the story and people are going to be doing individual tasks and start creating the game. This stage is where the people start writing everything that will happen. This is a very slow process and the more people there are the slower it will be. Not everyone is going to agree with everything and changes will be made until finally a draft of the entire story is created.

What happens after that will really depend on Jacob. Obviously, they're going to give him the finished storyline for him to look. Likely, there will be things he doesn't like and asked for them to be changed. The team would have to comply and then make the said changes until he is satisfied with what he sees. One member probably would be dropped for this point in order for him to script out the story as not everyone is a top notch writer. The game will almost indefinitely be in the making for this stage and likely Episode 1 or the first beta will be out to play before a finalized storyline is created. (good writing takes forever...trust me on that).

I'm not saying this to sound like it's going to happen. I'm just saying it as that'll likely be what happens. I'm sure some of you would rather work and talk about other stuff than tiny details in a story such as music, starter pokemon, and event pokemon. I could care less about those and would rather work on the plotline no matter how minuscule or uneventful some section is.

This is a lot to think about. Not quite sure what to say to all of it. As far as music goes, I have a few ideas for how the leader themes can be arranged, if we scrap the separate themes, that is. As much as I like the idea, you make some good points. Give me some time to think about it. Maybe organize a poll or something.

Now, onto the rest of this. As of now, we have Lore to help with drafting. Iirc, you also offered? I can help out here and there, but I don't think I'm quite as experienced as you two. The idea stage might not last as long as you expect it. As of right now, we need a few more characters (rivals and possible other supporting), the region map (and gym distribution), and the basic plot. The last one is what will probably take the longest. Let's focus on either that or the rivals.

Well if we are going to do basic plot how about we have someone start from the beginning and go from there and then have everyone else work on the rest of the plot. That way we can get work done for episode 1 release while still working. As for episode 1 plot what do we need: introductions to rival/support characters, basic plot of how and why we meet each gym leader, and introduction to the enemy team. I forgot which one comes first.

I've been putting together some atmospheric music. We aren't completely boycotting GxC (her music is good, just overused),we'll have some of her themes for battle and atmosphere, we just won't be heavily relying on it like other games. At some point, in about a year, I'll have the ability to make my own, hopefully good, remixes and themes. Until then, we'll use what we can find. And I have found quite a few good tracks.

This is a lot to think about. Not quite sure what to say to all of it. As far as music goes, I have a few ideas for how the leader themes can be arranged, if we scrap the separate themes, that is. As much as I like the idea, you make some good points. Give me some time to think about it. Maybe organize a poll or something.

You have good taste in music selection and are quite knowledgeable of it (probably way more than I would ever be). The size shouldn't be two big of an issue as also implementing it wouldn't. There's just been so much that hasn't been decided yet. If the game was much bigger than Reborn, I could see having leaders with their own themes justifiable, but we cannot say much on it for now. We also don't even know what roles the leaders will even play at this point. Some may literally be on the screen for one hour total if even that. Reborn uses about 80 songs and 1/3rd of them are battle themes so...that's just what I'm basing off of. It could be completely different. (If you do think this'll work, go for it though, but I'm just throwing logic in here).

I do have a counter to the whole 'too much to download' point. A lot of the standard routes and towns have the same themes, thereby cutting back on the amount of songs needed. We'll really end up using about 6 songs for towns and about 8 for routes, maximum. If an area has a lot of relevance to the story, it may earn it's own theme. Besides, I couldn't hurt all these people by denying them something they've worked so hard for.

Most battles last about 1 minute on average with boss battles usually last 6 minutes if they're hard (12 for very difficult ones). The reason for them lasting any longer would be for stall or unpreparedness. Most of the game time is spent in the overworld when you think about it. The music selection isn't always important, but when you select the perfect song, it just makes the place fun to explore. The wasteland is a great example of this. The place was a jumbled mess, but the song helped with some of that tedious headaches and backtrack for me.

Let's take this as a different approach. You could have every leader have a unique theme or you could have each set have one due to the different environments. Songs for special fights have a very powerful impact, one that is underestimated. It's often why the final boss has it's own theme that far outclasses any battle theme (for the most part). You're proposing to try this effect 24 times (at least). You could say that no other game has done this before and you'd be right. The reason should be obvious.

You have good taste in music selection and are quite knowledgeable of it (probably way more than I would ever be). The size shouldn't be two big of an issue as also implementing it wouldn't. There's just been so much that hasn't been decided yet. If the game was much bigger than Reborn, I could see having leaders with their own themes justifiable, but we cannot say much on it for now. We also don't even know what roles the leaders will even play at this point. Some may literally be on the screen for one hour total if even that. Reborn uses about 80 songs and 1/3rd of them are battle themes so...that's just what I'm basing off of. It could be completely different. (If you do think this'll work, go for it though, but I'm just throwing logic in here).

Most battles last about 1 minute on average with boss battles usually last 6 minutes if they're hard (12 for very difficult ones). The reason for them lasting any longer would be for stall or unpreparedness. Most of the game time is spent in the overworld when you think about it. The music selection isn't always important, but when you select the perfect song, it just makes the place fun to explore. The wasteland is a great example of this. The place was a jumbled mess, but the song helped with some of that tedious headaches and backtrack for me.

Let's take this as a different approach. You could have every leader have a unique theme or you could have each set have one due to the different environments. Songs for special fights have a very powerful impact, one that is underestimated. It's often why the final boss has it's own theme that far outclasses any battle theme (for the most part). You're proposing to try this effect 24 times (at least). You could say that no other game has done this before and you'd be right. The reason should be obvious.

Well first, the music did NOT help with the wasteland. Those visuals gave me a headache like you wouldn't believe. Or maybe it's just cause I was playing that at 2am who knows. Second..........that's not a half bad idea. That would cut those important battle tunes by as much as half. I'll have to speak with Snow about it. Anyway, we should explain the story a bit better and get a good draft going. At least up to 4 badges in so that we have at least the first 4 episodes are explained.

• Developers

Not going to read the pages of themes on this thread, so I'll just skip to the download size part.

Note that in RPG Maker XP projects the majority of the download is in fact BGM, but the download size really shouldn't go further than 800mb. When compressed into a .rar almost all fangames are 500-600mb or under. Unless animated battlers are being used I don't think a fangame should ever be at 2-4Gb as Commander described. Keep that in mind when you decide on music, make sure music is in .mp3 format so that tracks don't end up being like 20mb each. Completed projects actually don't tend to be that much bigger than their first release, assuming all the music is decided on early. So don't freak out if you hit the 500mb mark in Ep 1.

That's my piece, good going guys.

Edited by Caz

Well, I don't think we'll be reusing too many overworld themes. Depends on the size of the map.

That was actually my backup idea, to have 5 themes, one for each area. The 4 elements and one for the Electric and Steel gyms, since they're closer to the city. Of those five, I have one already. The Mechanical Rhythm that Tempo selected for the steel leader. It would work for electric too.

Well first, the music did NOT help with the wasteland. Those visuals gave me a headache like you wouldn't believe. Or maybe it's just cause I was playing that at 2am who knows. Second..........that's not a half bad idea. That would cut those important battle tunes by as much as half. I'll have to speak with Snow about it. Anyway, we should explain the story a bit better and get a good draft going. At least up to 4 badges in so that we have at least the first 4 episodes are explained.

The wasteland music was pretty sweet imo. It emphasized the jumbled mess that it is. Of course, dubstep isn't for everyone, it usually hurts my head too.

With the leader themes... I don't know what direction that'll go, but I'm making plans for both. I don't know if now is the best time to ask since nothing is set in stone, but do you have an idea of how long the story will be?

Well, I don't think we'll be reusing too many overworld themes. Depends on the size of the map.

That was actually my backup idea, to have 5 themes, one for each area. The 4 elements and one for the Electric and Steel gyms, since they're closer to the city. Of those five, I have one already. The Mechanical Rhythm that Tempo selected for the steel leader. It would work for electric too.

The wasteland music was pretty sweet imo. It emphasized the jumbled mess that it is. Of course, dubstep isn't for everyone, it usually hurts my head too.

With the leader themes... I don't know what direction that'll go, but I'm making plans for both. I don't know if now is the best time to ask since nothing is set in stone, but do you have an idea of how long the story will be?

I'd say the actual story should end around 17 badges in. Just a thought at the moment. I'm planning story elements for the first 4 episodes so it's a little difficult at the moment.

Hey, guys, just got back from a crazy day (wherein two cars broke down with me in them)

On the subject of music, we could possibly us .ogg format, which apparently takes up even less space then mp3s. Of course, there is one problem with them: they don't actually loop well in the program we're using.

However, we could ask ChaoticInfinity (the guys behind Touhoumon Faith & Prayer), who have managed to fix that problem, how to fix it. (And if that opens up a line of communication between them and us, making them add in useful features like Quick Save... well. I won't complain.)

Sadly, I'm really not going to be good for much, today. This utter !*$ of a day has left me drained liek whoa, and I'm probably gonna conk out within the next hour. So... 'night, if I don't post any more.

Hey, guys, just got back from a crazy day (wherein two cars broke down with me in them)

On the subject of music, we could possibly us .ogg format, which apparently takes up even less space then mp3s. Of course, there is one problem with them: they don't actually loop well in the program we're using.

However, we could ask ChaoticInfinity (the guys behind Touhoumon Faith & Prayer), who have managed to fix that problem, how to fix it. (And if that opens up a line of communication between them and us, making them add in useful features like Quick Save... well. I won't complain.)

Sadly, I'm really not going to be good for much, today. This utter !*$ of a day has left me drained liek whoa, and I'm probably gonna conk out within the next hour. So... 'night, if I don't post any more.

I understand. Everyone has days like those.

I'd say the actual story should end around 17 badges in. Just a thought at the moment. I'm planning story elements for the first 4 episodes so it's a little difficult at the moment.

...I don't even know how you could do that with all this stuff thrown around and so many unfinished unrefined leader profiles. Not to mention the many, many gaps in the whole Team Ultima (I'm sure you know a bit more...but there's just way too much missing for me to even consider using them). It's so easy to get carried and rush things, but I suggest slowing down a minute. A lot of info has been presented and most is just chicken scratch ideas.

Generally when it comes to writing, I create a system that I refer to as a peg point system. At first, I start out by thinking of events that I want and must happen no matter how much the story changes (and trust me, it's possible it could be turned completely on its head for the final one). Generally, I think of how to get from one peg point to the next. Usually, I have a pretty good idea of what will happen, but more ideas appear the closer I approach it. It takes time as I usually come up with 50-60 ideas how to get to that point and try to pick the one that honestly would best work for the pegs. There are many, many revisions even after an idea is picked.

It takes me months (even a year or two sometimes) to plan out a novel idea before I can even begin writing it. Even for this project, I let a lot of the ideas set in my head keeping them there to slowly grow. I did say that the black november only took me five minutes, but it only came to me after thinking about all the different ideas presented the past few days due to just barely having enough info to put something together. Though I would only consider that a small fragment of an idea and not the full thing. What takes so long is taking out the kinks (and trust me, there are days where I want to stand up and yell "I'M DONE!" but I don't).

I guess what I'm saying is "Haste makes waste." That's a lesson I learned a long while ago and I was amazed at how much my quality increased when I started to take things slowly. I still feel this storyline is too premature, but if you think it's fine as it is, start drafting things out.

(Has a pretty bad soar throat). I've just learned to toughen it out, but I understand. I don't even know how I was able to write pages with those 12 hour work days. I did collapse I couple times. Just don't go overboard and get sleep when you need it.

Commander I honestly feel you write so much and I find especially in the last post, that you are acting like you know everything but to be honest, I feel Jacob should be given the chance to do what he feels he wants to do especially storywise (if he wants to have story till end of 17th gym, let him) and then learn if something goes wrong but your suggestions are helpful so thanks for making them.

I'm sorry if I'm so mean or harsh but they are just my opinions and I haven't been around for 10+ pages to see what you have contributed, etc.

It seems like no one responded to my post about if you need anything from me, let me know so i'll repeat it again. :P

This is looking awesome and so can't wait to see what happens next. :D

Commander I honestly feel you write so much and I find especially in the last post, that you are acting like you know everything but to be honest, I feel Jacob should be given the chance to do what he feels he wants to do especially storywise (if he wants to have story till end of 17th gym, let him) and then learn if something goes wrong but your suggestions are helpful so thanks for making them.

I'm sorry if I'm so mean or harsh but they are just my opinions and I haven't been around for 10+ pages to see what you have contributed, etc.

It seems like no one responded to my post about if you need anything from me, let me know so i'll repeat it again. :P

Always good to hear from you and I do admit that at times, he does come off as the Nostalgia Critic of this project. However, he does demonstrate some remarkable storytelling skills. I'd still like to hear from him every so often, but y'know, he could ease off on the text walls.

Not going to read the pages of themes on this thread, so I'll just skip to the download size part.

Note that in RPG Maker XP projects the majority of the download is in fact BGM, but the download size really shouldn't go further than 800mb. When compressed into a .rar almost all fangames are 500-600mb or under. Unless animated battlers are being used I don't think a fangame should ever be at 2-4Gb as Commander described. Keep that in mind when you decide on music, make sure music is in .mp3 format so that tracks don't end up being like 20mb each. Completed projects actually don't tend to be that much bigger than their first release, assuming all the music is decided on early. So don't freak out if you hit the 500mb mark in Ep 1.

That's my piece, good going guys.

Thanks for the information!

Okay, but before you start planning individual episodes out, I think we should have the overall story planned out. Like major points and events.

Oh, and what are you doing about the 18th gym?

Huh. Never heard of .ogg. I read the post, and it says that the script also gives more control over music overall, so that could be useful. Feel better, Lore!

...I don't even know how you could do that with all this stuff thrown around and so many unfinished unrefined leader profiles. Not to mention the many, many gaps in the whole Team Ultima (I'm sure you know a bit more...but there's just way too much missing for me to even consider using them). It's so easy to get carried and rush things, but I suggest slowing down a minute. A lot of info has been presented and most is just chicken scratch ideas.

Generally when it comes to writing, I create a system that I refer to as a peg point system. At first, I start out by thinking of events that I want and must happen no matter how much the story changes (and trust me, it's possible it could be turned completely on its head for the final one). Generally, I think of how to get from one peg point to the next. Usually, I have a pretty good idea of what will happen, but more ideas appear the closer I approach it. It takes time as I usually come up with 50-60 ideas how to get to that point and try to pick the one that honestly would best work for the pegs. There are many, many revisions even after an idea is picked.

It takes me months (even a year or two sometimes) to plan out a novel idea before I can even begin writing it. Even for this project, I let a lot of the ideas set in my head keeping them there to slowly grow. I did say that the black november only took me five minutes, but it only came to me after thinking about all the different ideas presented the past few days due to just barely having enough info to put something together. Though I would only consider that a small fragment of an idea and not the full thing. What takes so long is taking out the kinks (and trust me, there are days where I want to stand up and yell "I'M DONE!" but I don't).

I guess what I'm saying is "Haste makes waste." That's a lesson I learned a long while ago and I was amazed at how much my quality increased when I started to take things slowly. I still feel this storyline is too premature, but if you think it's fine as it is, start drafting things out.

With the basic information given on the leaders, we can probably flesh them out more ourselves. You know, fill in the holes. One thing I want to add to this is that I feel like its good to get a lot of people's feedback on ideas (which is kinda the purpose of this thread, but I'm thinking more of a private thing so that important story info isn't released to the public before the game is), people who don't mind getting the story spoiled for them. I don't mind helping out in this regard, but I'll leave the decision of who does what to Jacob.

The fact of it is, Commander has the most writing experience out of all of us. His input, and challenges, make us think a bit more about what we're doing and how we're doing it. It's still Jacob's story, he's just helping us fit it all together.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

(Points to avatar title) I do give a warning. What may seem long to you is very short to me. Story is my strong suit followed by music (which Glaceon far surpasses me) so anything outside of there I'm almost clueless. Even though I don't always act like it, I know Jacob has the final say in everything. Maybe this will help us get on the same page. I want your complete and honest answer: who's writing the story?

Also, no apologies. I like people who bite back. We have different beliefs. Truthfully, I learned almost everything about writing from someone else. I've met real life writers and online at, above, and below my level and learned quite a bit from each level. It's actually the ones who were hardest on me that pushed me to where I am now. (Sorry, it's a freaking curse that I write so much).

The fact of it is, Commander has the most writing experience out of all of us. His input, and challenges, make us think a bit more about what we're doing and how we're doing it. It's still Jacob's story, he's just helping us fit it all together.

Every writer is different and I'm nowhere near a professional. But yeah, while I do have the skill to write this all by myself and try to meet everyone's standards, I'd rather see a group of people writing it. And it's also good no one has wanted to stab me yet (though I'm sure some of you are thinking of it in your minds).

(Points to avatar title) I do give a warning. What may seem long to you is very short to me. Story is my strong suit followed by music (which Glaceon far surpasses me) so anything outside of there I'm almost clueless. Even though I don't always act like it, I know Jacob has the final say in everything. Maybe this will help us get on the same page. I want your complete and honest answer: who's writing the story?

Also, no apologies. I like people who bite back. We have different beliefs. Truthfully, I learned almost everything about writing from someone else. I've met real life writers and online at, above, and below my level and learned quite a bit from each level. It's actually the ones who were hardest on me that pushed me to where I am now. (Sorry, it's a freaking curse that I write so much).

Every writer is different and I'm nowhere near a professional. But yeah, while I do have the skill to write this all by myself and try to meet everyone's standards, I'd rather see a group of people writing it. And it's also good no one has wanted to stab me yet (though I'm sure some of you are thinking of it in your minds).

When it comes to people I want to stab, you're not one. My sister's boyfriend, the guy who thought Metroid Federation Force was a good idea and that one dude on Showdown who had a hissy fit because I beat his Rock Mono with a Bug mono are.

Commander that was a very well thought-out post you made. I have seen your avatar title too :P I'm glad you don't mind me biting back. it's the kind of person I am especially if I disagree, I will let someone know. ;D It's great that you have been learning from multiple people as you go because I think that's definitely a strength if you can take criticism and grow from it. :D

I do agree that the community should make the story and have a say because I find at this point, it's very important for each person to have something they would want. I do worry about mixing and mushing ideas and that it might make the story not as good as it could be but I believe that you definitely along with Jacob, I would love to work on story if you let me know about your ideas, I believe Trevo and other BN members would be good story people if they wanted (I've been thinking about who would be good storywriters tbh). Honest and complete answer to your question though is Jacob has ultimate say since he is the creator of the whole thing to start with. We can give ideas and see what Jacob likes but it's ultimately up to Jacob to give a yes to each.

Can someone give me a summary of what I missed in the last 10 pages of posts tbh lol? it would be much appreciated especially regarding pitched ideas and discussions about them. :D Thanks and have a great night/day.

P.S. CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME QUOTING? I keep clicking quote and no it doesn't work ugh. :(

Edited by pbood2

Commander that was a very well thought-out post you made. I have seen your avatar title too :P I'm glad you don't mind me biting back. it's the kind of person I am especially if I disagree, I will let someone know. ;D It's great that you have been learning from multiple people as you go because I think that's definitely a strength if you can take criticism and grow from it. :D

I do agree that the community should make the story and have a say because I find at this point, it's very important for each person to have something they would want. I do worry about mixing and mushing ideas and that it might make the story not as good as it could be but I believe that you definitely along with Jacob, I would love to work on story if you let me know about your ideas, I believe Trevo and other BN members would be good story people if they wanted (I've been thinking about who would be good storywriters tbh). Honest and complete answer to your question though is Jacob has ultimate say since he is the creator of the whole thing to start with. We can give ideas and see what Jacob likes but it's ultimately up to Jacob to give a yes to each.

Can someone give me a summary of what I missed in the last 10 pages of posts tbh lol? it would be much appreciated especially regarding pitched ideas and discussions about them. :D Thanks and have a great night/day.

P.S. CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME QUOTING? I keep clicking quote and no it doesn't work ugh. :(

Yes, this union of others is exactly why I wanted to make Revolution, gathering the best Reborn has to offer and make something that's not 'just another fan-game' (no offence). Commander and Lorekeeper kickin butt on the story, Snow creating an excellent soundtrack, Trevo gathering sprites like it aint no thing and me overseeing it all.

True and that's a great reason to make a game so good job. :D

What is the story so far so I have an idea and so I can give my thoughts on it? I would love to be involved in helping come up with ideas for story or something if needed eventually? I'm wondering also if I still have the opportunity to have my own characters (ghost gym leader and dark spy admin for BN and being able to pick my own music for them) or is that changing? I still have to look through Snow's picks for my gym and spy admin theme but I do want to be able to pick some things and not lose creative decisions for this if possible. ;D

Trevo has been gathering sprites? Wow that's great. Where can I see the collection of collected sprites so far if there is one?

Anyways even though I'm not the most useful, I'll always be around and checking on this. :D Good luck but like I said, I would love to be able to help with story ideas or something. Commander said he would like to see a group and not just himself so relying on Commander and Lore is good and all but maybe create a group to help with story. ;D

If you want awesome story ideas or reference, I highly suggest Suzerain's Insurgence (one of the best storylines ever) or Z/O because I played them and oompf they have amazing story which I loved so much. Just saying.

Edited by pbood2

So since I am the 18th gym what do you want my character to do in terms of story. Since based off of this statement the boss is most likely defeated at this point in time. As such, I think my character would make it his duty to clean up after himself. He would have probably built something that would make the SUPREME machine possible and felt guilty about that especially since it was because he was tricked. So he closes down his gym until the last SUPREME MACHINE is broken and destroyed for good. This could give relationship with the main character since because the main character wants the badge he will help. And there could be one last SUPREME machine before the last gym battle. This last SUPREME machine could be a last ditch effort of the Black November in order to gain back some power. For ideas for this SUPREME pokemon I have a few, electrode could be use as a nuke essentially holding the entire town or even region as hostage, xatu can be used in order to predict the future in essence making sure they won't fall to anyone else since they will have prior knowledge to any mistakes or can get rid of people that might get in the way, shedinja where the SUPREME would give it a lot of health and defense making an already hard to kill pokemon even harder to kill and hopefully having a pokemon that cannot be defeated will lead them to victory, mismagius has the ability to cause people hallucinations so the SUPREME version will warp people's sense of reality making anyone oppose them lose their sense of reality(this could also tie into a field affect where moves are randomized in terms of power, typings, or physical/special), Eelektross's pokedex entry states that it comes out of the ocean to drag people down into the depths so the SUPREME version would be a last ditch attempt to take over a costal town by dragging the entire population to their doom and they wouldn't be able to call for help due to electrical interference. I could always elaborate on any of these ideas if you guys think any of these are good.

Yes, this union of others is exactly why I wanted to make Revolution, gathering the best Reborn has to offer and make something that's not 'just another fan-game' (no offence). Commander and Lorekeeper kickin butt on the story, Snow creating an excellent soundtrack, Trevo gathering sprites like it aint no thing and me overseeing it all.

... Oh, you wanted the best Reborn has to offer? I should probably leave then...

In all seriousness, this is an interesting project so far. I can't wait to see what comes of it.

I'll do the same as pbood, and stick around and keep checking on this project. Maybe ask a question or two, or make a suggestion so I don't feel like complete dead weight here. I kind of regret that I'm not as useful as Commander, Lore, Trevo, or Snow. But hey, what are you gonna do?

Good luck with Revolution!

Eh...I'm just good at finding music. As far as making/playing music goes, I have a hell of a lot to learn. This is because... (cue not so tragic backstory).

My previous/first teacher was for violin, and she was nice, but taught me next to nothing. Basically only taught me to read notes, and even then only at the level I needed to in order to play whatever piece we had. Guess that's what I get for signing up for lessons in school. I'm taking piano now in hopes of catching up (music theory wise), which shouldn't take too long since I have an idea of what I'm doing. This is reason #1 why I can't make anything yet, I need to learn more. #2 is I need a good program, but I'm playing around with the demo for fl studio 12. Next summer I'll probably be all set.

Quote button doesn't work? Try the multi quote button instead. That might work better.

... Oh, you wanted the best Reborn has to offer? I should probably leave then...

In all seriousness, this is an interesting project so far. I can't wait to see what comes of it.

I'll do the same as pbood, and stick around and keep checking on this project. Maybe ask a question or two, or make a suggestion so I don't feel like complete dead weight here. I kind of regret that I'm not as useful as Commander, Lore, Trevo, or Snow. But hey, what are you gonna do?

Good luck with Revolution!

I'm literally just surfing YouTube. Well, we could always use feedback on ideas and music selection and stuff. Maybe try your hand at spriting or something? I've heard that having more than one spriter is good.

I'm clocking in now. It's late. Goodnight!

I'm literally just surfing YouTube. Well, we could always use feedback on ideas and music selection and stuff. Maybe try your hand at spriting or something? I've heard that having more than one spriter is good.

I'm clocking in now. It's late. Goodnight!

Hmm... maybe I'll do that. I saw a spriting tutorial somewhere around here earlier, I'll read that and try it out. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it?

So since I am the 18th gym what do you want my character to do in terms of story. Since based off of this statement the boss is most likely defeated at this point in time. As such, I think my character would make it his duty to clean up after himself. He would have probably built something that would make the SUPREME machine possible and felt guilty about that especially since it was because he was tricked. So he closes down his gym until the last SUPREME MACHINE is broken and destroyed for good. This could give relationship with the main character since because the main character wants the badge he will help. And there could be one last SUPREME machine before the last gym battle. This last SUPREME machine could be a last ditch effort of the Black November in order to gain back some power. For ideas for this SUPREME pokemon I have a few, electrode could be use as a nuke essentially holding the entire town or even region as hostage, xatu can be used in order to predict the future in essence making sure they won't fall to anyone else since they will have prior knowledge to any mistakes or can get rid of people that might get in the way, shedinja where the SUPREME would give it a lot of health and defense making an already hard to kill pokemon even harder to kill and hopefully having a pokemon that cannot be defeated will lead them to victory, mismagius has the ability to cause people hallucinations so the SUPREME version will warp people's sense of reality making anyone oppose them lose their sense of reality(this could also tie into a field affect where moves are randomized in terms of power, typings, or physical/special), Eelektross's pokedex entry states that it comes out of the ocean to drag people down into the depths so the SUPREME version would be a last ditch attempt to take over a costal town by dragging the entire population to their doom and they wouldn't be able to call for help due to electrical interference. I could always elaborate on any of these ideas if you guys think any of these are good.

(Please separate long posts into paragraphs. It helps so much). This'll probably be the first time I won't say much on something. An idea kicked in my head, but there's a lot to think about. First off, order of gym leaders does not equal order of appearance. IIRC, you said your character was part of the bad guys at some point. Having ties would be an easier way to associate him compared to having another person trying to stop them. But before you say your character would never do that, the lines between good and evil are very blurry and not everyone on Ultima will be evil.

If Team Ultima is done and over with at Episode 17, I believe it should be kept that with with maybe one or two Grunt fights to show the aftermath. Maybe they do have some plans they never completed, but there shouldn't be any major fights with them.