Pokemon Revolution

Why don't we work on actually forming some sort of coherent plot out our morass of ideas before we start planning demos and such? Don't want to put the cart before the horse, or whatever.

Actually, do we even know how the story's going to begin? Do we even have a Professor? Or a starter selection?

Do we have a dad????

And, rivals! Okay!

...Can the kind one be our Prof.'s junior assistant, who started her/his/xyr journey to help learn more about the Region?

Should they be Male, Female and Non-binary?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we work on actually forming some sort of coherent plot out our morass of ideas before we start planning demos and such? Don't want to put the cart before the horse, or whatever.

Actually, do we even know how the story's going to begin? Do we even have a Professor? Or a starter selection?

Do we have a dad????

And, rivals! Okay!

...Can the kind one be our Prof.'s junior assistant, who started her/his/xyr journey to help learn more about the Region?

Should they be Male, Female and Non-binary?

The dad.......erm............let's just say he's in the great starting town in the sky.

The starter selection at the moment is a bit left field. Ralts, Timburr and Sandile (Psychic, Fighting and Dark).

As for genders of the rivals, how about one of each?

Great! I'd give you the skeleton of it now, what with being behind you and all, but I need a day or two to make it. I'll PM you with it when it's ready. As for everyone else, we should probably start discussing the rivals. We have three. One kind, one comedic and one mean. The comedic one also joins the evil team.

hmm I feel like the kind one should like attract some type of rare pokemon sort of how Melia from rejuvenation attracts Shiny pokemon or have like a mystical side to them, and the mean one should be such a tsundere lol

Can we hint that the mean one is just mean because, yeah, they're a total tsundere with a crush on the MC? Cuz that would be HILARIOUS, and probably make me actually like them, like how Red Fern (Connor) of Desolation's Fear of the dark made him oddly likable.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Edited by Lorekeeper

Idea!

Male nice guy

Female asshat

Non-bi flirt?

The way the girl should be is she can be the assistant of the professor. She's an asshat because she considers herself more intelligent than you. As time goes on, as you prove yourself, and possibly after saving her, she warms up to you.

Idea!

Male nice guy

Female asshat

Non-bi flirt?

The way the girl should be is she can be the assistant of the professor. She's an asshat because she considers herself more intelligent than you. As time goes on, as you prove yourself, and possibly after saving her, she warms up to you.

Sounds liek a plan. I was going to go for a chubby comedic character like Tierno, but I think this could work better.

Sounds liek a plan. I was going to go for a chubby comedic character like Tierno, but I think this could work better.

Which one do you want to be the comedic one, the flirt?

Also I kinda liked Lore's crush idea im a romantic at heart, sue me. Too bad posting stuff on mobile takes a while and I didn't see it.

Also I kinda liked Lore's crush idea im a romantic at heart, sue me. Too bad posting stuff on mobile takes a while and I didn't see it.

the latter of this is so true.

The flirt being the comedic one. Only problem is trying to make it different from Cain.

If I can break reborn, I can break this.

ಠ_ಠ Everything you break I have to fix later.

Anyways, I do have an idea for Uxie involving Mr. Hermit (we haven't heard that name in like 20 pages). Considering he has a memory problem and uxie is a memory entity it could work along well. I probably could tie in some legendaries with some leaders and how they became the "guardians" of that legendary.

Here's an idea that could be used for some (and give Ultima and incentive for...evily evilness)

Remember the Giratina seal? Perhaps he isn't the only legendary to be sealed due to powers. We could have some legendaries sealed by certain seals that can only be unlocked under certain requirements. Some it could just be a pendant and others to do nothing for five minutes some really weird requirement. I'd say only do it for some, not all of them like Reborn does. Also, some of those could be made into a post game if you wanted.

Also, I volunteer one of those bug gym leader's sisters becoming a rival (probably the tsunedre). Don't worry about details. I have many ways of achieving this kind of rivalry. Many, many ways.

The flirt being the comedic one. Only problem is trying to make it different from Cain.

hmm well Cain kinda reminds me of Harvey, from the pokemon series. So if you know Harvey it might be easy to make them different from Cain

Aaaaaaaand that's gonna be difficult, I think. V. difficult.

Uuuuuuh. I got nothing. Cain is my <3 (besides Radomus)

...And wait, does this mean the not!Cain will become evil???? Or can we not have a betrayer-rival, or a rival being blackmailed or something?

And who is our Prof. Tree? (Can they be female? We need more then just Juniper Jr!)

Edit: Commander, that's GENIUS! I <3 u just for that idea. I nominate Melissa.

Aaaaand, by "Harvey" do you mean "Harley" the ambiguously gay cacturne cosplayer who hates May because of cookies?

Edited by Lorekeeper

ಠ_ಠ Everything you break I have to fix later.

Anyways, I do have an idea for Uxie involving Mr. Hermit (we haven't heard that name in like 20 pages). Considering he has a memory problem and uxie is a memory entity it could work along well. I probably could tie in some legendaries with some leaders and how they became the "guardians" of that legendary.

Here's an idea that could be used for some (and give Ultima and incentive for...evily evilness)

[spoilers] Remember the Giratina seal? Perhaps he isn't the only legendary to be sealed due to powers. We could have some legendaries sealed by certain seals that can only be unlocked under certain requirements. Some it could just be a pendant and others to do nothing for five minutes some really weird requirement. I'd say only do it for some, not all of them like Reborn does. Also, some of those could be made into a post game if you wanted.

Also, I volunteer one of those bug gym leader's sisters becoming a rival (probably the tsunedre). Don't worry about details. I have many ways of achieving this kind of rivalry. Many, many ways.

Like the idea, Don't like the fail of the spoilers tag. Lel.

Literally every time I start typing something three posts are posted before I'm done. Or more. I like the gym leader's sister idea. Still want her to be a smart ass. And we aren't going with the 18 usual starters?

Ikr there's always like 5 more posts before I finish lol, but I wouldn't mind having the 18 starters with the addition of the 3 special starters being Sandile, Ralts, and I forget the other

Edited by Milotic

Literally every time I start typing something three posts are posted before I'm done. Or more. I like the gym leader's sister idea. Still want her to be a smart ass. And we aren't going with the 18 usual starters?

An idea I did have was to use one Pokemon from each type to give players better choice.