Pokemon Revolution

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Maybe we can ask Ame if we can use the cultist sprite for the base of the Black November cultist's looks, but change the color so that it's black, with masks, and the Black November logo on the back, too. We could also give the female cultists long hair that sticks out of their hoods.

I like the fairy idea, but wouldn't it make more sense if Victini was in the mountains, because it's a fire type? I dunno, I guess either works. Mew could be like a catalyst, so like once they have all the other faries they need Mew to activate something.

As for the sprites... Good start, but they need shading, especially on the caps (and logo a bit). Shade the arms a little too. You might wanna make the uniform Black and Grey instead of pure black, kinda like the Team Rocket uniforms.

Alright let's get to work. I'm going to keep these in spoiler tabs due to them being heavy spoiler if they are accepted:

Where to begin...first off, there are going to be some major changes. I have enough info to divide this into Arcs. Arc I should have a heavy focus on the Black November being a cult while Team Ultima is going to be quite in the background so I won't go over it. There's a lot to cover so I'll try my best to keep this in order and to make everything clear. First thing I want to propose: Black November and Team Ultima are two complete different groups at this point in time.

Let's start off at what Black November will be. Being a cult, they believe in some higher being which I'm going to make Giratina. This is similar to Satanism, but very different at the same time. Why Giratina though? If you've seen V for Vendetta, this might start ringing a few bells. The group was formed out of the belief that the current government system is corrupt and needs to be wiped out. Gym leaders also take a role of authority so they may also be targets for the attacks. They began crafting up a plan on how to succeed in doing this.

The plan was to free Giratina in order to reveal how chaotic and disordered the region's government is. After doing lots of studying, they learned Giratina was bound to the distortion world due to a moon seal. In order to unlock the seal, two legendaries were needed: Crescelia and Darkrai. That is not the only part required. "Only a blue moon can free the devil from his prison." If you don't know, a blue moon is a full moon appearing two days in a row and rarely ever happens. There is a blue moon coming this year though. When is it? "On the sixth of november, the moon shall rid of these blackened hearts." (or something like that) which hence the name Black November.

Now that the backstory is out of the way, ONTO THE PLOT(ish). I would focus on the Black November for about the first five or six badges. There will be a little bit of Team Ultima, but they'll seem like some random wimpy gang. Black November is a deadly foe which the police can barely even touch (some even say they're untouchable). A few key members can be seen moving around trying to convince trainers (usually the less experienced) to join. Tension does go on, but Black November almost always win in a conflict. We don't start seeing them hunt for Darkrai and Crescelia for a bit, but they do find them and capture them near the end of the ark (battles don't need to be designed yet).

Now for the end of the ark. The leader (I forget the name) fulfills all three conditions and breaks the seal on Giratina. When the seal is broken, the Dragon emerges and the leader straps a small machine on it before capturing Giratina in a Poke Ball. This Machine allows the leader to freely control Giratina against its will. He then commands it to turn the starting town into a chaotic and warped mess (think slightly of Glitch City). This new map is a lot bigger as the player chases the cult leader. After a few battles, the player and cult leader confront each other (it can be a force win or optional).

After the battle, the leader is impressed by the players battle skills, but claims its too late as he still controls Giratina (whom he'll use a revive on and send back out if defeated). Suddenly, Arceus arrives. The Legendary uses Judgement to destroy the machine. Giratina now goes on a rampage and directly attacks the cult leaders (the player is running for their life considering the situation). After a little bit, Arceus and Giratina appear back in front of the player. Giratina disappears back into the Distortion World while Arceus uses its power to return the town back to its original state. Arceus then disappears back into the sky.

The cult leader isn't dead though, but he was certainly banged up quite hard and is struggling to move. One of the admins of team Ultima approaches the cult leader. The cult leader quickly recognizes him as the one who gave him the machine in the first place. The admin explains that Arceus is a very powerful Pokemon, but even he has limits. The cult leader scouffs saying that his cult and plans are now in shambles thanks to that god. The admin the explains that they found a way to create something that cannot be beaten. The cult leader hesitates, but the scene is cut off before the answer is shown. PS This is where the black november and ultima become one and the same.

Now for some team Ultima Advice

I'm not against having Legendaries be collected, but I'd rather have a theme then just some random Pokemon that fits the area (reborn's 4 jewlery things all had different meanings...I don't remember what they are right off the top of my head). There are two that I can think of off the top of my head:

Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Life (The Elements which were believed everything was composed of in Ancient Lore)

Power, Wisdom, Courage, Spirit, and, Love (A couple of these can be changed, but the idea here is that finding the strongest in all of these would make for the ultimate lifeform. If you are a bit interested...I could go into a bit more detail).

But yes, I would keep the one legendary in each area theme that you are looking for. There are plenty of options so making a theme out of it is better than just throwing some random mons together.

I like the fairy idea, but wouldn't it make more sense if Victini was in the mountains, because it's a fire type? I dunno, I guess either works. Mew could be like a catalyst, so like once they have all the other faries they need Mew to activate something.

As for the sprites... Good start, but they need shading, especially on the caps (and logo a bit). Shade the arms a little too. You might wanna make the uniform Black and Grey instead of pure black, kinda like the Team Rocket uniforms.

Understood.

I actually enjoy the idea, too, although I'm confused between the roles, since there's the Leader of the Black November (Trevor), as well as the Leader of Team Ultima (Imperius). Also, would this plot then lead the two groups into capturing Arceus?

Also, we can't forget that the Cresselia and Darkrai part is going to be changed in favor of the pixies.

Alright let's get to work. I'm going to keep these in spoiler tabs due to them being heavy spoiler if they are accepted:

Where to begin...first off, there are going to be some major changes. I have enough info to divide this into Arcs. Arc I should have a heavy focus on the Black November being a cult while Team Ultima is going to be quite in the background so I won't go over it. There's a lot to cover so I'll try my best to keep this in order and to make everything clear. First thing I want to propose: Black November and Team Ultima are two complete different groups at this point in time.

Let's start off at what Black November will be. Being a cult, they believe in some higher being which I'm going to make Giratina. This is similar to Satanism, but very different at the same time. Why Giratina though? If you've seen V for Vendetta, this might start ringing a few bells. The group was formed out of the belief that the current government system is corrupt and needs to be wiped out. Gym leaders also take a role of authority so they may also be targets for the attacks. They began crafting up a plan on how to succeed in doing this.

The plan was to free Giratina in order to reveal how chaotic and disordered the region's government is. After doing lots of studying, they learned Giratina was bound to the distortion world due to a moon seal. In order to unlock the seal, two legendaries were needed: Crescelia and Darkrai. That is not the only part required. "Only a blue moon can free the devil from his prison." If you don't know, a blue moon is a full moon appearing two days in a row and rarely ever happens. There is a blue moon coming this year though. When is it? "On the sixth of november, the moon shall rid of these blackened hearts." (or something like that) which hence the name Black November.

Now that the backstory is out of the way, ONTO THE PLOT(ish). I would focus on the Black November for about the first five or six badges. There will be a little bit of Team Ultima, but they'll seem like some random wimpy gang. Black November is a deadly foe which the police can barely even touch (some even say they're untouchable). A few key members can be seen moving around trying to convince trainers (usually the less experienced) to join. Tension does go on, but Black November almost always win in a conflict. We don't start seeing them hunt for Darkrai and Crescelia for a bit, but they do find them and capture them near the end of the ark (battles don't need to be designed yet).

Now for the end of the ark. The leader (I forget the name) fulfills all three conditions and breaks the seal on Giratina. When the seal is broken, the Dragon emerges and the leader straps a small machine on it before capturing Giratina in a Poke Ball. This Machine allows the leader to freely control Giratina against its will. He then commands it to turn the starting town into a chaotic and warped mess (think slightly of Glitch City). This new map is a lot bigger as the player chases the cult leader. After a few battles, the player and cult leader confront each other (it can be a force win or optional).

After the battle, the leader is impressed by the players battle skills, but claims its too late as he still controls Giratina (whom he'll use a revive on and send back out if defeated). Suddenly, Arceus arrives. The Legendary uses Judgement to destroy the machine. Giratina now goes on a rampage and directly attacks the cult leaders (the player is running for their life considering the situation). After a little bit, Arceus and Giratina appear back in front of the player. Giratina disappears back into the Distortion World while Arceus uses its power to return the town back to its original state. Arceus then disappears back into the sky.

The cult leader isn't dead though, but he was certainly banged up quite hard and is struggling to move. One of the admins of team Ultima approaches the cult leader. The cult leader quickly recognizes him as the one who gave him the machine in the first place. The admin explains that Arceus is a very powerful Pokemon, but even he has limits. The cult leader scouffs saying that his cult and plans are now in shambles thanks to that god. The admin the explains that they found a way to create something that cannot be beaten. The cult leader hesitates, but the scene is cut off before the answer is shown. PS This is where the black november and ultima become one and the same.

Now for some team Ultima Advice

I'm not against having Legendaries be collected, but I'd rather have a theme then just some random Pokemon that fits the area (reborn's 4 jewlery things all had different meanings...I don't remember what they are right off the top of my head). There are two that I can think of off the top of my head:

Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Life (The Elements which were believed everything was composed of in Ancient Lore)

Power, Wisdom, Courage, Spirit, and, Love (A couple of these can be changed, but the idea here is that finding the strongest in all of these would make for the ultimate lifeform. If you are a bit interested...I could go into a bit more detail).

But yes, I would keep the one legendary in each area theme that you are looking for. There are plenty of options so making a theme out of it is better than just throwing some random mons together.

So I think we have some options here. Say we use the fairies we picked out already. Iirc there aren't any air fairies.

Manaphy - Water

Celebi - Life

Victini - Fire

Jirachi -Earth (Diancie fits too)

Hoopa - Spirit

Mew - Balance

If we're going with something like the power, wisdom etc., maybe it'll be like

Manaphy - Love? (could be spirit I guess. Idk)

Celebi - Wisdom (because time/age brings wisdom)

Victini - Courage/Will

Jirachi - Strength

Hoopa - Spirit

Mew - Balance

I think Victini and Jirachi's emotions are interchangeable.

So I think we have some options here. Say we use the fairies we picked out already. Iirc there aren't any air fairies.

Manaphy - Water

Celebi - Life

Victini - Fire

Jirachi -Earth (Diancie fits too)

Hoopa - Spirit

Mew - Balance

If we're going with something like the power, wisdom etc., maybe it'll be like

Manaphy - Love? (could be spirit I guess. Idk)

Celebi - Wisdom (because time/age brings wisdom)

Victini - Courage/Will

Jirachi - Strength

Hoopa - Spirit

Mew - Balance

I think Victini and Jirachi's emotions are interchangeable.

I honestly like the first set better, but if we're having six fairy legendaries and only five zones on the game, where would Mew be? I could create a sixth small area or just have him roaming around.

Edit-I also like Trevo's idea of there being the 7 fairies like the seven Chaos Emeralds.

So we'd have-

Diancie-Earth

Victini-Fire

Celebi-Life

Shaymin-Air

Manaphy-Water

Hoopa-Spirit

Mew-Balance

Sound good?

Edited by Jacobliterator

Heyyy, popped back in after a crazy day, and looked over some of the posts. Looking good so far!

Commander, isn't a Blue Moon actually the second full moon in a month?

As for the "Fairy" Legends, if we're going the "Darkrai+Cresselia unlocks Giratina" route, would it be possible that gathering all five of the fae summons the pair somehow? Possibly in defense of them?

(Lol, it occurs to me that Giratina is essentially Nightmare Moon, going by this.)

As to Celebi and the forests... well, as Seren's gym is essentially going to be a garden/greenhouse, could it be she's secretly sheltering 'bi (due to the SUPREME Weezing poisoning the forest), and her siblings are kidnapped by Ultima/November to blackmail her into giving up the 'mon? Not that we have to do that, it's just an idea that fits with her personality (and allows a potential team up with the MC).

As for the "Elements", could we just go with the obvious, which, when combined, allows Giratina to be summoned?

Manaphy: Transferring/Heart

Victini: Victory

Jirachi: Wishes

Celebi: Time

Hoopa: Space

Mew: Life

Example: Celebi and Hoopa warp Time-Space, a Wish on Jirachi pulls Giratina to that warp, while Manaphy transfers something (Darkrai and Cressy?) to take it's place, while Mew grants itt he ability to survive outside the Distortion Word, and Victini guarantees the plan's victory? IDEK, that's what I came up with...

Edit: Oh, hey, and with Diancie as the Embodiment of Mega-Evolutions, it could create the Griseous Orb to empower 'tina, while Shaymin... uh... creates the area necessary for the entire plan to work? IDK.

Edit 2: And to stop the world from getting destroyed, you have to go and retrieve whatever replaced 'tina in the Distortion Realm after you defeat it, possibly with help from the fae, to make up for what they were forced to do. Or something.

Edited by Lorekeeper

I actually enjoy the idea, too, although I'm confused between the roles, since there's the Leader of the Black November (Trevor), as well as the Leader of Team Ultima (Imperius). Also, would this plot then lead the two groups into capturing Arceus?

Also, we can't forget that the Cresselia and Darkrai part is going to be changed in favor of the pixies.

._. I literally only spent five minutes to think of that. You guys liked the whole moon stuff early on so I went with that. Things can easily be changed. As for the confusion, maybe I can clear it:

Think of Trevor being in a position that looked far surperior than Ultima. At that point, he'd probably feel the Ultima and Imperius should be joining him. The idea is to give BN some spotlight which this would be great doing. The idea of demise is that Trevor pretty much is beaten and has nothing making him a bit more vulnerable and giving in to becoming part of Team Ultima.

As for Arceus (and Giratina), that could literally be the only point we see them until post game and I think it'd be fine. Arceus is generally believed to be a god and creator so the idea here is that Ultima is able to create something that surpasses even a god. (I generally have the impression they are power hungry so...we'll work from there.

And Lore, yes it is. I could probably go into some magical reasoning on why and how that'd work, but...not really feeling it. I thought it was a neat way to implement BN's name to have meaning instead of "LOL here's a random team name for a cult who is secretly part of the main villains who also have the same goals." Feel free to suggest or change any or all of it.

We could keep Celebi, and have them be the 7 Fairies, kinda like the 7 Chaos Emeralds. XD

Up to Jacob. I think it depends on what theme we're doing. If it's Elements, then go for Shaymin. If emotions, Celebi.

Also, noticed a psychic pokemon theme. All in favor of water/psychic Manaphy say "I".

I honestly like the first set better, but if we're having six fairy legendaries and only five zones on the game, where would Mew be? I could create a sixth small area or just have him roaming around.

Mew... Maybe roaming around? Who said it's even in this dimension? All I know is that it's not the kind of pokemon to sit still.

Heyyy, popped back in after a crazy day, and looked over some of the posts. Looking good so far!

Commander, isn't a Blue Moon actually the second full moon in a month?

As for the "Fairy" Legends, if we're going the "Darkrai+Cresselia unlocks Giratina" route, would it be possible that gathering all five of the fae summons the pair somehow? Possibly in defense of them?

(Lol, it occurs to me that Giratina is essentially Nightmare Moon, going by this.)

As to Celebi and the forests... well, as Seren's gym is essentially going to be a garden/greenhouse, could it be she's secretly sheltering 'bi (due to the SUPREME Weezing poisoning the forest), and her siblings are kidnapped by Ultima/November to blackmail her into giving up the 'mon? Not that we have to do that, it's just an idea that fits with her personality (and allows a potential team up with the MC).

As for the "Elements", could we just go with the obvious, which, when combined, allows Giratina to be summoned?

Manaphy: Transferring/Heart

Victini: Victory

Jirachi: Wishes

Celebi: Time

Hoopa: Space

Mew: Life

Example: Celebi and Hoopa warp Time-Space, a Wish on Jirachi pulls Giratina to that warp, while Manaphy transfers something (Darkrai and Cressy?) to take it's place, while Mew grants itt he ability to survive outside the Distortion Word, and Victini guarantees the plan's victory? IDEK, that's what I came up with...

I like the idea of Seren taking care of Celebi/Shaymin. Diancie could have something to do with Rochelle, if it's used.

Just to give the plan something nice, why not make a Majora's Mask styled Three-Day system, like how BlackSteeple Castle was for Rejuvenation? Since the plan does relate to the moon, I thought that would be cool. And then on the third day or New Day (November 6th), the ritual to summon Giratina begins.

Also, I meant to say Trevore. My bad at that part. XD

Just to give the plan something nice, why not make a Majora's Mask styled Three-Day system, like how BlackSteeple Castle was for Rejuvenation? Since the plan does relate to the moon, I thought that would be cool. And then on the third day or New Day (November 6th), the ritual to summon Giratina begins.

Also, I meant to say Trevore. My bad at that part. XD

I like the idea, but what if players take longer than 3 days naturally? Do I adjust the flow of time in this region so that it fits the story? I could have it so Celebi follows the trainer around (since they start in the forest area) allowing them to go back in time at will.

Well yes. Knowing her, she'd pass it off as a "Shiny Carbink" or something, lol.

Also, having leaders in a position to "defend" their area's Legend would be an interesting way to involve them further in the plot.

Also, question: should we involve the Lake Trio (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf) as the way to summon Arceus? Considering they're essentially the Dragon Trio's counterparts, it could make sense. Somehow. Like, they're the "Safety Lock" on tina's prison, and, once awoken by the MC (or someone else, like the Rivals?), join together to basically go "Daaaaaaaad, 'tina left his time out spoooooot!!!!" and call Arceus down like the exasperated father he prolly is.

(I see Arceus as the "watchmaker" sort of creator... if that meant he became some sort of shut-in Otaku who breaks the fifth wall to play games from other series and stuff. He's like the irritable dad who doesn't really want to be bothered, and left the older kids and his wife [Mew, because lulz] to take care of the younger ones.)

Edit: ASDFGHJKL WHOLESALE MAJORA'S MASK REFERENCE? YASSS. DO IT. I BEG OF YOU.

Edited by Lorekeeper

I like the idea, but what if players take longer than 3 days naturally? Do I adjust the flow of time in this region so that it fits the story? I could have it so Celebi follows the trainer around (since they start in the forest area) allowing them to go back in time at will.

The way it worked in Rejuv was that completing certain events would trigger the next day. Maybe that would work better?

Remember how it was in Rejuvenation? People could save in the prison, and it would still have the three-day thing without progressing time (It wasn't exactly like Majora's Mask, but it had the black screens which had words like "Day One", and all that). I was thinking that the three-day thing would work around the time that they would summon Giratina.

Basically, pretty much what Snow said. XD

Remember how it was in Rejuvenation? People could save in the prison, and it would still have the three-day thing without progressing time (It wasn't exactly like Majora's Mask, but it had the black screens which had words like "Day One", and all that). I was thinking that the three-day thing would work around the time that they would summon Giratina.

SnowGlaceon brought that up. Also, spoilers! I haven't beaten Rejuvenation yet! Still stuck on Narcissa's Gym. But, story for another time.

Nuuuuuuuuu, my Majora's mask ref... well, actually. It could be a two-way sort of thing. Like, originally, the "Day One: ---" stuff could be about the Cult's activities, but once the shit hits the fan, Celebi sends you back to try and undermine their plans (ie, awakening the Lake Trio), culminating in a sort of paradoxical thing where the past!MC disappears, and the Cult gloats, only for present!MC to appear, ready to kick ass with the Plot-solving MacGuffins.

Or something. I always make time travel plots as complicated as possible. Accidentally.

And then I look back, and go "dear god. wut?"

Also, dude! Stahp! I haven't even started Rejuv yet! I'm trying to go through the shorter games first! Plz no spoilers?