Pokemon Revolution

This'll be one heck of a gym. Level scaling might be a thing, but that'll only affect Tyranitar. I'm assuming either Carbink or Tyranitar is going out first? Carbink for screens and T-tar for sandstorms. And a special T-tar, huh? That's a good way to nerf it.

Actually special TTar isn't all that bad, and provides some interesting coverage options for the tpe without using magcargo or something, honestly this team is simila to my actual rock mono in terms of mons, sharing 2 and using the lesser form of diancie, which if legendaries were allowed would be what i'd like instead of carbink in the end. might want to change TTar to physical at some point, but AV in sand, huehuehue.

also carbink is the best lead for the team.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the rivals, if you agree on my proposition, it would be interesting and more of a surprise if the comic character was the one assigned by the villain team to watch over us and give them information instead of the douche one. After all why would anyone like or trust a douche. Also, the idea about Rochelle crafting the mega rings isn't a bad idea. She could even belong in an excavating team searching for mega stones and potentially being the one to give us our first one maybe?

Of course Kyler alone wouldn't pull off the operation of taking control of the Radio Tower. He would have to have help from some grunts and cultists to pull it off. However, what I'm thinking now, is that this would be the perfect spot for the SUPREME-Malamar idea, which is how they can also control the media. I don't know if a SUPREME-Malamar would count as a failsafe, bu if so, that could definitely work.

As for the SUPREME-Tentacruel, they would be there to prevent any potential strong trainers from reaching the next town. Team Ultima doesn't want anybody stopping them, right? SUPREME-Tentacruel could eliminate that problem in the seas by shipwrecking boats, and either kidnapping or killing anyone aboard. Like I said about the capturing part, they would just take any prisoners to the underwater base so that Team Ultima and the Black November can interrogate them. And after interrogation, they would simply kill the prisoners.

Not sure how Malamar would work their, but if you can make it work from a somewhat logical standpoint, that'll be a start for that arc. I've seen enough to say that it's an interesting idea, but there's still quite a bit missing before I could say okay to it.

As for Tentacruel, it kind of sounds like a replica of the deoxys thing in Rejuvenation (I haven't gotten far in that game). There are many water types that could easily fill that position better. Sharpedo could be used to completely devour the ship with amped up fangs, Wailord being made into a giant ship made to destroy other ships, and a Water/Ice could completely freeze over the port.

This character could easily be one of the friends of the protagonist whom he meets after the 2nd-3rd badge (after having messed with the evil team's plans once or twice already) and could be planned so that the 3rd-4th gym leader is part of the organization and the gym leader's absens is the reason they meet. Also it could very well add to the evil team that instead of wondering what this trainer has and beats them everytime, they actually do something to find out. I've thought even more on to this, but i'll wait for opinions before i move onwards.

Maybe I will just show you my thinking on this instead of giving advice. So you are saying that the team wants to spy on this random rookie for what reason. If they did that for every trainer fighting the description, they wouldn't have enough members left to carry out the mission. They honestly have enough spy tools to keep track of everyone trainer that could be a potential threat given if the media control idea is fleshed out. They have no reason to send someone on a project for a rookie like the player would be.

Well here is another thing that my character could do since it is in the last position as gym leader and could also give more plot ideas. Since my character would have access to planes maybe what could happen is that one of the leaders of the enemy organizations could commission a job for me to build a plane for research purposes but instead they use it to get the the place where "x" resource is in order to complete their goals or maybe even the legendary pokemon itself. My character would then try to fix his mistake by helping the main protagonist. "Why would they come to me in the first place?" Well Johnny is a leading expert on travel in hostile conditions. This area that the plane would need to travel would not only have horrendous weather to travel in but also have dangerous pokemon to deal with (yet again late game stuff so maybe pokemon like dragonite, hydreigon, gyarados, etc. could be obtainable here since they player would have to go through a majority of the game without them. It would depend of what area it needs to travel in, I was thinking either an island or mountain but I am open to suggestions). "Why would Johnny agree to help them in the first place" Well at his core he just wants to experience the world and all it has to offer and share that with the world. If he can build this machine that would allow people to safely visit parts of the world previously unexplored then he would want to be apart of that.

This could be done several ways: 1) I built a plane, they took it and left without us, so I build another plane on the fly to go after them, 2) Be on the plane with them in the first place, they try to take the plane over and we take it back, 2.5) Fail in taking the plane back but wreck it upon landing and then taking the wreckage and making another plane while the protagonist stops their plans. 3) My character went on the plane with them, found out what they were doing and then tries to stop them and sent back skarmory as a messenger to get help which the main protagonist would receive. Here are just a few ideas about what could happen.

I could always come up with more ideas and tweak the ones I already have. Please grill me as hard as you can. The more stuff we can get out of the way and polish now they less work we will have to do later.

IMO, I'd go for a more subtle approach given that the last gym leader usually appears at the end of the villain ark. I don't think there'd be enough time to develop this unless you want to go on a wild goose chase after beating all the league members. Maybe make it something that had happened in the past or have him be the reason the villains were even able to start where they were/make the large progress.

Idea have I one! In my region I plan to have a large city in the center with a large tower in the center of that city. Sound familiar? Don't blame you. But here's the twist, it's where the Elite Four and Champion hang out. As you climb the tower, you fight the Elite Four leading to a climactic Champion battle at the top. When you gain all 18 badges, Team Ultima and Black November make a final stand and take over the tower with sheer numbers. Instead of the Elite Four, you fight the Black November Clan Admins and Leader and when you reach the top, you find Imperius has defeated the champion and challenges you to one final climactic battle for the fate of the region.

So all of the main villains hang out in a populated city which would give strong trainers easy access to fighting the elite four. From a logical standpoint, I don't see this making any sense. The villains main headquarters is one of the regions most popular areas. I actually like the trope that the E4 are located in an isolated, far off area as it makes a challenge to get there filtering only the strongest of the strong would even reach their doorstep. With this, anyone with badges could challenge them (aka you'd have to handle 2-3 times as many challengers).

I agree with you 100% on the terrorists killed thing thats why I went with a disease that killed him. I read a few of the other ones and a few of them already had something about murder I didn't want to make things repetitive so I went with him getting ill.

I didn't realize that Snow was in so many scenarios tho I don't mind changing the character.

If its has to be a new character maybe we could go with someone who once live in Erebus's town and helped him, but after he got the gym,this person wanted to have their own adventure outside the town and leaves probably bumping in to the player once in a while,maybe like 5 to 6 times, and the last time this person hears about the rumors. (Well I guess you get the picture from there)

Thanks Commander for the help btw.

(you and I have similar minds) There are many different approaches to using a disease. It could be a disease in Darius's...(or whatever the name is. I'm horrible with names) family that everybody in his family dies from at some point. Maybe Darius never told uh...whatever the name your leader you created is which would lead him into questioning so much.

As for a new character, it's not necessarily needed. Maybe your character could've been antiquated with another leader beforehand (or his father was) which would be the closest thing to family he has left.

I hate to say this, but not all the story of this game will be on this thread will it? I'm really interested in this project, and it's a little hard to ignore the rather public development of this, but maybe at least throw a spoiler tag somewhere because I'm literally reading this story being made in front of me. I'd rather not know what will happen, but maybe that's just me.

That being said, this seems like it'll be really cool ^_^

Honestly, we're at the point this is one big, huge, clustered mess with a nonsensical story. That's just how drafting starts out. If people think it's a bother or too spoilery, we could always put this somewhere else. We can't really set this up in a PM because there are too many people so the only option is Skype or another thread.

Yeah, I know, just wanted to see if anyone would find it interesting (I'm kind of stealing the idea from one of my own unfinished fangame plots; I wish I could have had fairy... patisserie/Magical Girl gym leader, anyone?)

Rochelle is coming along nicely (and I think she'll be a bit interesting, if I do say so myself). The Steven Universe bit isn't serious, though. I haven't watched the show, but the idea of a jeweler talking about the Magical Girl gems is kind of funny.

Actually, that's the best idea I heard all day XD. I'm not sure when the Mega Ring would be available, but this would probably be the best way to implement it. I haven't read the character profile yet, but I'll get on it after a little bit.

Edit: IMPORTANT NOTICE: I've been a little easy on it, but I will start reporting double posting starting now. If you need to add something, just edit your post.

For the Malamar idea, Malamars have the strongest hypnotic ability over every other Pokemon with that ability (According to the Pokedex), right? Well, Malamar would be amplified at what it does best; brainwashing people. Team Ultima and the Black November can use this to their advantage, and set one up at the Radio Tower, which would allow the SUPREME-Malamar to spread its hypnosis all over the region, allowing Team Ultima and the Black November control of the Radio Tower. Setting it up wouldn't be easy if it was just an all-out attack, but if Kyler and a couple of grunts and cultists are able to get in the Radio Tower by working there, then they could easily set one up.

Its only natural to feel that way, but all you guys are my co-developers so I feel you should know about it. Besides, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve that no one knows about. Hehehehe.........

I would hardly call myself a co-developer. I don't really talk enough in this thread about anything other than my own character.

Co-dev? Nah. I'm just giving musical input here and there. Sorry Aqua, still can't find anything. Just trying to help a bit with the small stuff. Speaking of which, who's part of the offical dev team?

Thanks, Snow. I've been looking around too. The only thing that I've found so far is the Skies of Arcadia battle theme. And I'm not too sure about this one either.

Anything else I found on youtube(or the Newgrounds audio section, since I've been looking around there too) either didn't really fit or was too... intense, like that theme from Bravely Default you found earlier.

Edited by aquawaffle

Yo. So these themes you chose.... are pretty sweet. I'd recommend going with the last one as your battle theme. The one from touhou? It sounds graceful, yet intense enough to work. The first VS Diancie theme would be good for the rock gym/ mines music.

Also had a thought. We could make the gyms have a double function. Like how Rochelle's is a jewlery store and a gym. I don't think this'll work for all of them, though.

Yeah, pretty good for spending about five minute searching on google and the Touhou WIkia, if I do say so myself.

...Looking back, I think I made Rochelle a somewhat unholy mix of Cain and Rarity from MLP (...despite never actually watching anything beyond the first 2 episodes about three years ago...), but eh. She's fun!

Also, the dual-functioning gyms is also something I had from the game-idea I stole Rochelle from. I think the funniest was either a cartographer for Flying and an Idol Singer Dragon leader. Or possibly the spy of a Bug leader.

(For those wondering, Seren's gym is a garden/greenhouse center a la Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. Highly recommended if you come here. It even has a butterfly garden!)

Oh, wait, are we choosing names for our towns/cities? If so, are there themes (like Kanto is all colors, and Johto is plant-themed)?

If not, I'd like to submit Swallowtail/Imago City as Seren's town, and Zoisite Valley as Rochelle's.

Well I don't think their working on names of towns yet,well jacob said he wanted to start rivals but it seems some people still have some gym leader stuff to finish up so right now the only thing there is for rivals is that there's going to be 3 one a douche, Another one kind, and one for comic relief.

There may/or may not be a rival betraying the player.....but anyway I would recommend putting the name of the towns in the gym leader's entries just so they'll be easier to find :P because knowing this page its just going to fill up with more more replies :P

Never really cared for the Fern type character. I just don't recommend using a lot of rivals unless you know what you're doing. (Reborn uses three, but they go through cycles making only one rival appear at a time after the start). Nothing so far have given me the impression it'll be long enough to give the rivals the fair share of screen time. I'm 80% sure that the douche one is the one you guys are thinking for the betrayl. Don't. (I'm pretty sure half the reason Fern was put onto Meteor side was for all the classic Fern and Blake lines). If anything, I'd go for a parody of that considering it's what's expected from a Reborn styled game.

For the Malamar idea, Malamars have the strongest hypnotic ability over every other Pokemon with that ability (According to the Pokedex), right? Well, Malamar would be amplified at what it does best; brainwashing people. Team Ultima and the Black November can use this to their advantage, and set one up at the Radio Tower, which would allow the SUPREME-Malamar to spread its hypnosis all over the region, allowing Team Ultima and the Black November control of the Radio Tower. Setting it up wouldn't be easy if it was just an all-out attack, but if Kyler and a couple of grunts and cultists are able to get in the Radio Tower by working there, then they could easily set one up.

Still don't understand the significance of the Radio Tower. Unless Radio has a monopoly in this world, it wouldn't effectively cancel all media (unless you want to do a Rocket type plan using radio waves to control Pokemon/people). I mean Radio can be the key to the control, but I'd like to see it expand that and shown in the game how they are able to get away with so much. You could do newspapers, tv channels, and even interviews. I'd try to make a whole city focused on delivering news and references leading up to the events throughout the journey. But before any of that goes through, work on Kyler's character. Fleshing out this character will make your life so much easier in fleshing out this idea since he is the one in charge of it.

That's where SUPREME-Malamar comes in. The radio waves that would brainwash the people and Pokemon would be coming from the SUPREME-Malamar's amplified Hypnosis. As for if it's like how Team Rocket took over, I would say that it's like that, but more... discreetly. You're right about fleshing out Kyler's character, too. We're going to need Solerance for that, though.

That's where SUPREME-Malamar comes in. The radio waves that would brainwash the people and Pokemon would be coming from the SUPREME-Malamar's amplified Hypnosis. As for if it's like how Team Rocket took over, I would say that it's like that, but more... discreetly. You're right about fleshing out Kyler's character, too. We're going to need Solerance for that, though.

Heh, seems like we've both hit the wall on this idea. I can't make many more suggestions due to how little info has been given. Unfortunately, my advice has limits and a lot of what I've been giving I consider common knowledge in story telling. Some of it may be flawed due to this being not as familiar an environment and conditions as I'm used to. The world is the biggest wall that I've been trying to work around. Generally, I'd like to be presented a page or two of what kind of world you are thinking of and every important bit that needs to be shown in the plotline (if you're doing it right, it'd be a breeze to fulfill this requirement).

It doesn't have to be perfect and should be subjected to change, but something is better than nothing. All I have for a world is that some evil, perhaps power hungry team wants to take it over and turn it into a very techy world. A lot of the ideas presented are cool and can be implemented into this world, but I NEED A WORLD TO WORK WITH. Once that's established, I could start giving suggestions to weave this all together.

The other important section is to start working on the overall villain storyline. This is for everything that happens on screen and off. Obviously, there is a big emphasis on the villains. You will not be able to fully develop this all at once, but somebody has to be continuously work on it. The main priority is to get the core of this done. Everything presented would probably only fulfill 10-15% of a villain story if you really stretch it.

The gym leader backstories and ideas to implement them into the main story are nice...but really won't do much for the game (please don't take this to heart anyone). That'd be the last thing to concern yourself with and likely would be pushed to filling in the holes and gaps along with filler content.

------------------------------------------------

I know this will sound harsh and likely someone will hit that report button on me, but I think it's another thing I've been letting slide for too long. Jacob, you are the leader of this project. Act like it. I mentioned something before about involvement, but I know we all get busy, but this is in more general terms. There are many things that needed addressing that you either skipped entirely or said little on it. The questionnaire I created is one such situation. Now that I think back on it, it was a stretch of power and more control on my half and more importantly, it added more info on characters which you may not have been looking for. Part of me thought there were only going to be one or two people creating the story (instead of 15) down to personalities and doing this would really hurt that team.

Also, many of the ideas you really haven't said much on. You've provided suggestions to the ideas which is a good start, but feedback is critical because then the person can revise it to better fill what you would need out of it. I'd also advise to give more structure and order by addressing anything questionable as well as maybe recruiting or requesting people to work on certain tasks (you can even divide people into sections to work on different aspects of the story).

I'm not saying this to be mean or obnixous. I'm saying these things because they're signs for failure. Game designing takes a lot of commitment and it is not easy at all. I've seen it enough times where people jump into this thinking it'll be a fun easy thing to do in their free time and eventually hit a point where they're so demotivated they ultimately end the project.

As I mentioned a while back, I originally turned away from this project expecting it to end. It didn't to my surprise. Not only that, but it seems to have perked quite a bit of interest surprisingly. That's why I've given it a chance and got a little bit involved. You can continue the way you do if you feel it's right, but there will be a point I will stop being involved. If however, I start seeing more signs of commitment, I will further extend my involvement to whatever you need though my scripting and spriting skills are rather minimal. I felt like now was the best time to say this given how things are slowly coming together.

What is my assistance required on?

I made everything on that team except the carbink, which started as a sturdy golem w/ custap berry and explosion, generally dislike using mons like carbink w/ the AI because lol reflect twice in a row, i hope this is one of the harder gym leaders to beat :)

also screw doing something cool for post 666

Yeah that was me. Sorry mate, just thought it would work with her personality.

As for the rivals, if you agree on my proposition, it would be interesting and more of a surprise if the comic character was the one assigned by the villain team to watch over us and give them information instead of the douche one. After all why would anyone like or trust a douche. Also, the idea about Rochelle crafting the mega rings isn't a bad idea. She could even belong in an excavating team searching for mega stones and potentially being the one to give us our first one maybe?

Clever. That could be an amusing storypoint.

Well, Solerance, since your character will be in charge of taking over the Radio Tower and setting up a SUPREME-Malamar there, I was hoping if you could flesh out your character a bit, like what Commander said.

I'm deciding to abolish the idea of Ultima's last stand as I call it. Creating a region around that is gonna be a nightmare. I could still use it as the location of the Elite Four and Champion. It was brought to me that an area filled with strong trainers wouldn't be a good place for Ultima to settle. Also, I got a request for the Fighting type gym leader. The team's ok, but the personality makes me look descriptive. I'll post the application.

I would like to apply as the fighting type gym leader:

My name is Joost

My ace would be:

Blaziken

My other pokemon would be:

Lucario

Mega Lopunny (If mega is not allowed switch lopunny out for a Hawlucha)

Gallade

Scrafty

Chesnaught

My personality is friendly and Insperational

I am a boy,

I unfortunetly don't have a sprite to give you, if you can make one i would like to look like this: a 16 year old boy with brown eyes and long brown hair up to his shoulders, I don't really care about what clothing the sprite wears :)

As for a theme:

The Glitchxcity remix of the deoxys battle theme would be awesome :)

quote: If you fight, you fight to win if you think your going to lose than you might as well go home.

i hope this is good and i get in :)

Definitely not the best eh?

I would like to apply as the fighting type gym leader:

My name is Joost

My ace would be:

Blaziken

My other pokemon would be:

Lucario

Mega Lopunny (If mega is not allowed switch lopunny out for a Hawlucha)

Gallade

Scrafty

Chesnaught

My personality is friendly and Insperational

I am a boy,

I unfortunetly don't have a sprite to give you, if you can make one i would like to look like this: a 16 year old boy with brown eyes and long brown hair up to his shoulders, I don't really care about what clothing the sprite wears :)

As for a theme:

The Glitchxcity remix of the deoxys battle theme would be awesome :)

quote: If you fight, you fight to win if you think your going to lose than you might as well go home.

i hope this is good and i get in :)

Definitely not the best eh?

Deoxys theme for a fighting leader? Would be better for psychic or even Ice imo, but whatevs. Personality is mine not very descriptive, so in the spirit of fighting, let's make him hyper-competitive.

Have to admit, I agree a little bit with Commander-- at least in the sense that there's a lot of things left hanging.

But then again, this mostly seems like a sort of planning, pre-dev sort of thread right now. Nothing's really set in stone yet, and everything's just being tossed back and forth, a bit like Pokemon Sage/CAPX. And if hundreds of random people can actually get to the point where their game has a demo, even if they don't even really have a plot finalized... well, I think we're doing okay so far.

A lot of things will go smoother (probably), once we get characters in, and start to form a coherent plot. Which, in my experience in making (short) movies, can take a little bit of time. We're still in the story-boarding mode, and I think we're fine for the moment.

That said, other then characters and random ideas, I'm gonna officially offer my services as a part-time writer. Never actually done this for a video game but, like I said, I have experience in the movie making biz (there's a camp in my city ever year, overseen by Joey Travolta--yes, that's John Travolta's brother, and he's an actual director), so I kind of have an idea as to how this might work.

I'm probably gonna be a little bit flaky, I'll say that up front, and might procrastinate a little, but I promise I'll try my best. Just shoot me ideas, and I'll try to make them a coherent whole (that was basically my self-appointed job during camp--broke up a couple of fights that way, heh).

...I mean. If you want me to.

Okay, I've got an idea of how to introduce Team Ultima. The town of the first gym leader and the hometown are planned to be in the bottom right of the map, fairly remote area. What if Team Ultima set up an outpost near the first gym town? Perhaps they could be looking for the shrine that's in the hometown (Don't tell em! ;)) The gym leader could team up with the player allowing for a good doubles opportunity. Perhaps Kyler could do this before taking charge of the Radio Tower. I mean, he is the recon of the group so this could be an initial method of gathering info on Cresslia and Darkrai This could also be where the comedic rival could be 'persuaded' to join the evil team.

Have to admit, I agree a little bit with Commander-- at least in the sense that there's a lot of things left hanging.

But then again, this mostly seems like a sort of planning, pre-dev sort of thread right now. Nothing's really set in stone yet, and everything's just being tossed back and forth, a bit like Pokemon Sage/CAPX. And if hundreds of random people can actually get to the point where their game has a demo, even if they don't even really have a plot finalized... well, I think we're doing okay so far.

A lot of things will go smoother (probably), once we get characters in, and start to form a coherent plot. Which, in my experience in making (short) movies, can take a little bit of time. We're still in the story-boarding mode, and I think we're fine for the moment.

That said, other then characters and random ideas, I'm gonna officially offer my services as a part-time writer. Never actually done this for a video game but, like I said, I have experience in the movie making biz (there's a camp in my city ever year, overseen by Joey Travolta--yes, that's John Travolta's brother, and he's an actual director), so I kind of have an idea as to how this might work.

I'm probably gonna be a little bit flaky, I'll say that up front, and might procrastinate a little, but I promise I'll try my best. Just shoot me ideas, and I'll try to make them a coherent whole (that was basically my self-appointed job during camp--broke up a couple of fights that way, heh).

...I mean. If you want me to.

Joey Travolta........ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?! Damn, I'd be honored if you could help out. If we can get everything from the first 4 badges or so at least, that would be a good start. Until then, I'll just keep practicing with RPGMaker.

Sorta following up with what Lore said here. I'd like to officially offer my services as the music guy, since I've sorta been keeping track of everything there. While I can't make any music (yet. Give me a year. also some software) I do have some experience with it, and have been listening to remixes and BGMs for a while, so I could find some pretty sweet tracks. I probably will need/want suggestions from people.

Oh. And I can help with story/personality stuff. Not nearly as much as Lore can, but I write a little. I'd offer my services in art, but I don't really know how to sprite, make tiles etc.

Okay, I've got an idea of how to introduce Team Ultima. The town of the first gym leader and the hometown are planned to be in the bottom right of the map, fairly remote area. What if Team Ultima set up an outpost near the first gym town? Perhaps they could be looking for the shrine that's in the hometown (Don't tell em! ;)) The gym leader could team up with the player allowing for a good doubles opportunity. Perhaps Kyler could do this before taking charge of the Radio Tower. I mean, he is the recon of the group so this could be an initial method of gathering info on Cresslia and Darkrai This could also be where the comedic rival could be 'persuaded' to join the evil team.

This makes sense. And it allows for Aqua's character to be involved. Sounds good to me!

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Sorta following up with what Lore said here. I'd like to officially offer my services as the music guy, since I've sorta been keeping track of everything there. While I can't make any music (yet. Give me a year. also some software) I do have some experience with it, and have been listening to remixes and BGMs for a while, so I could find some pretty sweet tracks. I probably will need/want suggestions from people.

Oh. And I can help with story/personality stuff. Not nearly as much as Lore can, but I write a little. I'd offer my services in art, but I don't really know how to sprite, make tiles etc.

This makes sense. And it allows for Aqua's character to be involved. Sounds good to me!

Great. When it comes to music, just a couple of rules.

1.Not too much GlitchCity. I mean, I love their music, but it's just too common in fan-games.

2.Try a lot of variety. Any gaming music can be allowed. ANYTHING.

Great. When it comes to music, just a couple of rules.

1.Not too much GlitchCity. I mean, I love their music, but it's just too common in fan-games.

2.Try a lot of variety. Any gaming music can be allowed. ANYTHING.

:D one step ahead of you. It'll be used, but sparingly.

I'd be more upset if you agreed with everything I say. Different people have different beliefs. My knowledge of the video game industry is limited to only the ones that I've played, but I've been writing and improving my writing for 8 years now. I just learned to have standards when putting resources into something. If Jacob recruits you into writing the overall story, I'm sure you'll do just as good of a job as I could (I can't really say as I don't know your writing and plotting skills).

I generally have a bigger emphasis in fleshing out characters and forming a plot from that. I know that's not the only approach, but it's what works best for me. I will say that there is a decision whether you are just going to show the players POV (maybe with a couple of scenes when needed) or try to put in scenes to create a mood or thicken the plot. (I'm sure you pretty much know what you're doing though).

I guess I'll give one last bit of advice before I take my leave. Setting up an outpost is fine, but how is someone not going to be suspicious of it (and don't use the Ampped Malamar for that reason). There's no right or wrong answer for this (literally, you could just put up a sign saying out of order). The other thing is that most players will only have one or two established teammates with a bunch of death fodder on their team at that point (and from what you've presented the leader would have six pretty strong ones). which would either make this section a complete pushover or really overwhelming making the leader very underwhelming.

I can't make any suggestions about the comic relief rival joining them. Don't know anything about him.

-------------------------

And Snow I have a warning to make sure you know what you are doing. Using any music in a game is considered copyright infringement. Nintendo and Pokemon don't care too much about this (especially remixes) but it's always good to make sure the creator wouldn't get upset with you using it without their permission even if you credit them (which you must). When you step outside of Pokemon games, the risk of "suing" is greater. By suing, I mean getting the game completely shut down. That's the reason why Ame got rid of the original orphanage music.