Pokemon Revolution

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I totally forgot what type you chose.

Need to post that theme music!

Maxfeild:

Callaghan:

Okay, #1 is a good battle theme. I'm not sure what type you are, but I think it'll be alright.

#2... Is good, I like it, but it's not really a battle theme. It's atmosphere. 100% atmosphere. Would be a good gym theme, but not battle theme.

Here are a few more suggestions...

Storia

Halycon

Parousia (full version)

Niflheimr

Anima

Entrance (full)

Precip @ the Entrance I

Precip @ the Entrance II

Entrance (Deemo)

I would add Magnolia and Mytosis but they have lyrics and are already in reborn hardcore.

If I can think of more will edit.

How y'all doin? Fabulousness has returned! I've become a fair bit better at using RPG Maker. First thing I wanna say is that I've decided to remove Mega Evolutions from the first 6 gym battles. I mean, Aerodactyl's tough enough for a first gym.

I'd like to apply for the Bug Gym, if possible.

Name: Seren Vesperis

Team:

*Volcarona

*Galvantula

*Scizor/Armaldo

*Scolipede/Leavanny

*Vivillion/Yanmega/Vespiquen

*Heracross/Pinsir (possibly Mega?)

Personality: Somewhat timid and awkward. An aspiring writer, with a love of fantasy and Sci-fi... even if she can never finish her stories. Also something of a perfectionist, according to people in her town, though she insists she's just "making things clean/safe". Also, if you value your life and/or time in the league, do NOT hurt or threaten her siblings.

*She also has OCD, which manifests as a fear of germs and dirt, as well as touching "unclean" things/people/Pokemon. Seren began her foray into training bug types as a kind of "exposure therapy", to lessen her symptoms. It's mostly working, but she occasionally relapses. When that happens, the gym is temporarily closed, or left in the hands of her younger brother (who is also her [honorary] second in command, despite being 6-8 years old) and sisters (12-14 and 16-18, respectively), who can issue a "Raincheck Badge" (it allows the trainer to skip her puzzles/possibly fight less of her Pokemon?). When she is relapsing, she can generally be found hiding in her parent's home near the gym (she lives in an apartment, but goes there when really panicky), internet binging with her Joltik.

*Seren is basically nice, though she has some irritability, and her tendency to leave the gym (and her training) for extended periods of time earned her some criticisms from the rest of her town. Even when she isn't relapsing, she can seem a little odd, and occasionally refuses to be touched, even by her family or Pokemon, which is obviously off-putting to her challengers. Still, she tries, and can push past her OCD in a crisis, even if she's secretly panicking.

*She isn't personally involved in the goings-on of the region outside her town... unless her family is involved. Then the fury is unleashed and she sics her Volcarona on the perpetrators.

*Her sisters are named Melissa and Tina, while her brother's name is Claros. The girls are somewhat typical teenagers, interested in music and fashion. They favor the "butterfly" 'mon. Melissa, the older, is more or less Seren's assistant/second in command, and takes care of the gym when she's unable to. Tina is somewhat more interested in hanging out with her friends, but she works with Melissa when Seren can't. Her brother is also a more or less typical, cheerful little boy, with a love for Pokemon, and a wish to travel when he's older. He generally uses some of Seren's "tough"/"cool" bug types, like Scyther or Heracross. He likes playing with her Pokemon, and can often be seen getting rides or helping to take care of them.

Personally, I don't care what she looks like, though goggle or glasses to give her "insect eyes" would be appreciated. The gym can look like whatever, but a flower garden/greenhouse complex would be kind of cool. Having her Vocarona or a Joltik next to her (even if it isn't used in battle) would also be appreciated, especially if you could sprite it so that the Joltik is on her shoulder in the Vs. Sprite. Her siblings can basically just be like generic trainers, or cut out, but I'd greatly appreciate them being left in, if only to reinforce the "oh lord so socially awkward"/"protective big sis" vibe.

Quotes:

*Intro: "Um, hello! Welcome to --- Gym. I'm Seren Vesperis, the leader here. I started training bug Pokemon as a way to deal with, er... well, with my OCD. Haha, I used to be terrified/disgusted of/by them, way back when I started, actually. But now I'm a lot better, and the league actually recognized my talent with them. Crazy, right? ... Um. So... yeah, you want a battle, right? Then I'll show you the skills I won from my own fears!"

*Last Pokemon: "Ack! Seriously? Well, It's not over just yet!"

*Loss: "Whew... that was great. Inspiring, even. I should probably write that down before I forget... Anyway, since you won, I hereby award you with the --- Badge, which [insert level cap/HM use here]. And--" *steps back suddenly* "Ah! Er, can-can you not touch me, please? I'm still working on that, ahaha... Haha..." very quickly: "Well--here's your badge and the TM for [whatever]--sorry if I freaked you out--good luck--bye!" *runs out of the door behind her*

**Melissa: *enters* "...She ran out again, didn't she?" *sighs* "Sorry about that, she's... well, she's trying. You should probably head to wherever you're going next, I doubt Seren's coming back soon."

*At her parents house: "Wh-why are you...? Um. Yeah. Sorry I ran out like that, I just... I freaked out. It's--it's a thing that can happen, sometimes. I'll be fine, but... I don't think I be going back to the gym today, sorry. Maybe I'll actually get some work done on one of these plot ideas of mine while I'm here... Or start writing a new one, most likely..."

*Vs. Claros: "This is my big sister's gym! Isn't it cool? She lets me play here all the time!"

*Claros lost: "Wow, you're strong! Maybe even as strong as Seren!"

*Vs. Tina: "A challenger? Hope Seren's up for it today. She's been kind of touchy lately."

*Tina lost: "Yeah, my sister's a bit... weird. Don't let it get to you, okay?"

*Vs. Melissa: "Oh, hey, where are you going? You need to beat me before you can even think about challenging my sister."

*Melissa lost: "Ow. Go right ahead. Seren's waiting... probably. I don't think she left, at least..."

I could only find one but I just skimmed through the pages so I can't be 100% sure but I didn't see anything that looked like an application so....

Oh my god. The feeling when you spend about three days editing your character to near perfection just to get stuck on a single song just to settle on the original and it gets accepted. Either way I feel like my application can be fixed a little bit more, but I guess I can just leave it as it is.

Oh my god. The feeling when you spend about three days editing your character to near perfection just to get stuck on a single song just to settle on the original and it gets accepted. Either way I feel like my application can be fixed a little bit more, but I guess I can just leave it as it is.

I like the fact that you spent that much time as it is. You're always able to change it as much as you want until the episode with your appearance approaches.

Good to have you back, Jacob. There have been significant amounts of posts while you were gone. XD

Also, Like I said on pages 7 and 8, I was wondering if the Elite Four was reset, like how the Gym Leaders were? Since the Admins are doubling as Gym Leaders, I was wondering if I could double as a member of the Elite Four. If it was possible, then I would choose Flying to be my type.

Here are a few more suggestions...

Storia

Halycon

Parousia (full version)

Niflheimr

Anima

Entrance (full)

Precip @ the Entrance I

Precip @ the Entrance II

Entrance (Deemo)

I would add Magnolia and Mytosis but they have lyrics and are already in reborn hardcore.

If I can think of more will edit.

"A few"

These are really good. Pretty epic. This is for the grass leader, right? Im not sure exactly what his personality is, but if he's good, or has a facade of being good when you first fight him, I think Anima is the best. Or Halycon if we can shorten the intro a bit. Also depends on his leader position, which Im too lazy to pull up. Ideally the themes would get more epic the stronger the leaders get. If you discover that he's evil, then I would go with.... Storia probably. The others could be used as themes, but might fit more atmospherically. Niflhemir would be great for a dangerous ice area.

How y'all doin? Fabulousness has returned! I've become a fair bit better at using RPG Maker. First thing I wanna say is that I've decided to remove Mega Evolutions from the first 6 gym battles. I mean, Aerodactyl's tough enough for a first gym.

Welcome back! Lemme tell you, you have a hell of a lot to sort through...

Good to have you back, Jacob. There have been significant amounts of posts while you were gone. XD

Also, Like I said on pages 7 and 8, I was wondering if the Elite Four was reset, like how the Gym Leaders were? Since the Admins are doubling as Gym Leaders, I was wondering if I could double as a member of the Elite Four. If it was possible, then I would choose Flying to be my type.

The Elite Four is reset but with two key points.

1.I'm planning to make them Insurgence style A.K.A themed to make them more distinctive from the Gym Leaders.

2.Axxel holds the fourth Elite Four position with a shadow theme (Dark and Ghost)

That said, I can allow that. Want to stay with Flying anyway or add a secondary type to make it a theme like Bug/Flying or Dragon/Flying?

I've been seeing this questionnaire thing float around. I'm intrigued. What would this be?

We asked Commander for advice on character development. He gave us a few questions he would ask every character to flesh out their personalities a bit. Of course, it's not final, and definitely not going to complete each character. It just gives us an outline of their personalities

Hmmm... Fortunately since the Elite Four is so far away, I can plan out my Elite Four Team later on, right?

I may or may not keep my theme to be the Elite Four Theme. I'm thinking of using a more intense theme for the Elite Four battle, but I don't know.

For some reason, I can't see the screenshot of the town. :(