• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Oak?

More like Blake and Fern.

More like Zero and Fern; they're by far my favourite jerks in the game~

(And yes, I like Gary Oak. Judge me)

That said, the Meteors are my favourite faction; I adore the characterization for the ones we get to know better.

(Solaris is great, yo!)

I just think that in the grand scheme, at least Fern hasn't done nearly as much damage as some others.

Maybe I have a bit of fondness for him because I can relate to the feeling of being replacable/disposable and only ever second best to someone else.

Neglect can do bad things to people, not all of them come out of it better. (Man did I have a superiority complex at some point in my youth. Sometimes I think my complete lack of self-worth nowadays is the punishment for that.)

He has selfish motives, and that admittedly makes him pretty easy to hate on, because he puts himself above others.

The great thing about the characters in Reborn is that there isn't a clear cut between good and bad. There's gray morality everywhere, and I love it because there's so much for everyone to relate to.

Fern is a character who, so far, is meant to be disliked. But he's still a fully-fledged character like all the others, and happens to be one who's grown on me (thanks for the terrible pun, Ice).

Fern jokes are amusing, tho

Edited by Ama

Omfg I just met Blake in game and I already hate him even more than Fern ¬¬

SPOILERS

Same here. I don't know why most people here hate on Fern more when we all know Blake is the real deal :/. He's far more cruel and cold-hearted! At least Fern doesn't make an entire town go starve, put a PULSE on an Avalugg causing it pain, keeping a girl locked up and almost killing his brother.

SPOILERS

Same here. I don't know why most people here hate on Fern more when we all know Blake is the real deal :/. He's far more cruel and cold-hearted! At least Fern doesn't make an entire town go starve, put a PULSE on an Avalugg causing it pain, keeping a girl locked up and almost killing his brother.

YEAH!

When he

Pushes Cal off that cliff

I was actually like... WTF MAN??! and also, blake quote (just posted this in a status

d96dfd0c8b3b979d375f2f292af7f5cf.png

As i think also fern isn't near evil or bad as the villian.

Didn't you guys forget when Fern actually let you just starve in the forest with the nuzleaf if you pick the option no.

That could somewhat be a "murder" if we was there, starved and may die if not the taka's chatot saved us.

In reality, Fern haven't done that evil compared to the main villians which you all say and i agree.

As i think also fern isn't near evil or bad as the villian.

Didn't you guys forget when Fern actually let you just starve in the forest with the nuzleaf if you pick the option no.

That could somewhat be a "murder" if we was there, starved and may die if not the taka's chatot saved us.

In reality, Fern haven't done that evil compared to the main villians which you all say and i agree.

Maybe he could've predicted that we won't die. I mean, he must have thought that the PC just dies in a forest, out of starvation and rotting, then he really isn't fit for the League :P.

ok ok ok, there is one bad guy in reborn that I do like though.

bc8ec3338490956bc154eb109608ee48.png

I think I'm in love <3 <3 <3

And I also like Corey. Don't ask why. I don't really know for sure. But I do. Speaking of which, did we ever find out why Shade took his body? (Was it to make another one of those 3spooky5me death displays in the power plant?)

ok ok ok, there is one bad guy in reborn that I do like though.

bc8ec3338490956bc154eb109608ee48.png

I think I'm in love <3 <3 <3

And I also like Corey. Don't ask why. I don't really know for sure. But I do. Speaking of which, did we ever find out why Shade took his body? (Was it to make another one of those 3spooky5me death displays in the power plant?)

To perform horrendous experiments on his body and violate Corey's rights! He is another Orochimaru!

HOLD UP A SECOND! when I was on route 1, I swear I found titania in some shady dealings with Meteor but here she is, killing a bunch of them? HUH?

Titania was paying them for information or something, she isn't part of their Team though. She'd kill them all to get to Amaria.

Well in the end even us the protagonists are bad guys. Walking around with our tough pokemon beating everyone up and then having ame make them be like oh my gawd how strong you are. Look at thos musc.... eh, Pokemon~ Yeah... i'm liking it~

Edited by timbla

That's something that obviously varies a lot from person to person, but I do like imagining my player character in the dilemma of not wanting to kill/harm anybody, yet not having the guts to call out Saphira or Titania, for example, on their little killing trips.
Kinda puts "me" in the position of not wanting to get my hands bloody, yet not being above letting somebody else do the dirty work and have them take the blame.

Obviously, one could argue that both of them are currently stronger than the PC and have no reason or obligation to take orders from them, but I'm quite fond of thinking my character into situations where they show weakness.

And of course, that's not even touching on battling other poor people for what little money they have, in the beginning of the game :P

That's something that obviously varies a lot from person to person, but I do like imagining my player character in the dilemma of not wanting to kill/harm anybody, yet not having the guts to call out Saphira or Titania, for example, on their little killing trips.

Kinda puts "me" in the position of not wanting to get my hands bloody, yet not being above letting somebody else do the dirty work and have them take the blame.

Obviously, one could argue that both of them are currently stronger than the PC and have no reason or obligation to take orders from them, but I'm quite fond of thinking my character into situations where they show weakness.

And of course, that's not even touching on battling other poor people for what little money they have, in the beginning of the game :P

The rainbow clown in Agate circus has given me over 80k already.. 0_0

Yeah, the infinite money can be kind of... game-breaking, in a way. Ever since GH/Circus trainers are to be battled as much as you want, you can kind of abuse that to get more money.

I remember for my current run I went to train in the Great Hall when I levelled up my Kricketot after Kiki / before Pyrous Mountain/Solaris, and ended up with a lot of money. I eventually spent it and threw away the items because I felt like I shouldn't have that much money at that point, but it was... excessive.