My opinions on the game so far.

Onion

Having just reached the end of Episode 15, I have to say I'm very impressed with the game as it is so far, although I probably missed a lot of stuff due to playing blindly.

It appeals to my need for a challenge quite nicely, I really wished I'd actually EV trained properly to alleviate the challenge somewhat.

The only Leader I'd really struggled with was Serra; I had to actually backtrack all the way back to the abandoned Power Plant and prepare a Magneton, which completed floored her.

Fighting Cal on Apophyll Volcano made me train a Camerupt just for that fight too. Although to be fair, Noctowl was garbage and Hustle Raticate missed WAY too many times for me to keep him.

I really liked the new shiny skins, got to see a number of them during my streams of the game. Roserade was probably my personal favourite, followed by Lopunny, of the ones I saw.

The music in general was really nice, I liked the Gym Leader battle theme a lot, made you really pumped for the challenge. I also liked Jasper Ward's overworld theme for some reason, it just resonated with me.

Most of the field effects were manageable with my team as it was, but a couple of them were absolutely brutal. Like Serra's Mirror gimmick, Corey's auto-double Venoshock with Crobat, and the Circus arena for mainly the Fighting portion.

Big fan of the Glitch Field, it's definitely one of my favourites, having played Gen 1 competitively. Very interesting use of Draco Meteor, might I add.

I'll add more thoughts as I think of them.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game. Was it Serra's field that made you struggle or a combination of that and little ice coverage. I've only battled her before the field effect so it would be interesting to know?

Now join us in the long wait for E16 and feel free to introduce yourself over at the Grand Hall.

That's quite the surprise there, Serra of all leaders makin you struggle so much. She always felt like a bigger joke than even her son in all my ep 14-15 playthroughs i:

Wellp, good to know you enjoy the game, it really is an awesweet one

Ah, right, I'd just remembered this fact, why are there two Fighting Gym Leaders?

Being Kiki and Samson, I mean.

Also, my team didn't have anything fast enough to outspeed Jynx and Cryogonal's Frost Breath annihilation spam, that's why Serra was such an issue.

Edited by Onion

Hmm, I was pretty sure Victoria gave us Kiki's badge and Strength regardless.

Interesting.

I was going to do another playthrough anyway, but I guess I have something to look out for now.

Edited by Onion

Hmm, I was pretty sure Victoria gave us Kiki's badge and Strength regardless.

Interesting.

I was going to do another playthrough anyway, but I guess I have something to look out for now.

She gave us the TM (HM pre 14.6) for Strength, but no badge, because we didn't get our badge from Kiki before the incident with the Garchomp. And because of that, Kiki's badge is invalid or something.

I'm still pretty new to the game, only gotten 2 gym badges (plus the one from the poison gym leader) so far, so I can't really

say much, but I really like it. I always found challenges in games something fun and satisfying, and this really gives me tons

of fun ;D

I found the game really dark and somewhat creepy from all the mainstream pokemon games i've played so far.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, but in a good way. I just love it. And all the towns are dying or just getting controlled by gangs.

And the music is just too good. I sometimes just stand still and just listen to the music.

The story twist in the game so far is awesome, and really dark and creepy. Can't wait to play more! Let's hope i'm still pretty far from

episode 15 so I can enjoy this game for a very long time ;D

I'm still pretty new to the game, only gotten 2 gym badges (plus the one from the poison gym leader) so far, so I can't really

say much, but I really like it. I always found challenges in games something fun and satisfying, and this really gives me tons

of fun ;D

I found the game really dark and somewhat creepy from all the mainstream pokemon games i've played so far.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, but in a good way. I just love it. And all the towns are dying or just getting controlled by gangs.

And the music is just too good. I sometimes just stand still and just listen to the music.

The story twist in the game so far is awesome, and really dark and creepy. Can't wait to play more! Let's hope i'm still pretty far from

episode 15 so I can enjoy this game for a very long time ;D

That's exactly how I felt when I started. It was everything I ever wished to see in a pokemon game. And I like how Reborn incorporates many real life themes as well. Just, kudos to Ame.

I don't think we'll have to fight another reserve leader because of 2 points: Level Cap (it can't support us anymore) and the League (there aren't any reserves left other than Fern)

Love the plot also, it has so many surprises. The challenge and field effects are my favorites.

Oh jeez... so Serra has the Mirror Field Effect, what does that do exactly? And honestly, when I first played it, one of my complaints was the money situation! As I think about it now, it's because of all this poverty and stuff in Reborn City. Another complaint I had was the insane Level Limit and how stupid it was, not to mention how difficult the Gym Leaders are, especially Corey and Shade! But besides those, I thought that the Field Effects, Graphics, and Music were all very nice! I just wish that the Music Volume could be lowered, like in Wild Pokemon and Trainer Battles...

Edited by MistDrop

mirror field rebounds attacks if they miss, reflecting them back at you for a second chance to hit. Also, level limit might be challenging but that's why common candy exists. Also rotating a larger team will help maintain the level limit. I personally have almost 20 pokemon on constant rotation, all lv 65 or above, though at earlier points this kind of size is difficult to acquire, still an extra six pokemon is almost completely possible after Julia, and certainly after florina. Rotation just mean less level grinding to beat a gym your main team can't. saving time and stress.

For anyone who has trouble with the money situation especially early in the game I have on recommendation: Explore!

You wouldn't believe how many hidden items there are in Reborn. Just do it; talk to the rocks and barrels and boxes.

The Peridot Ward alone had enough hidden items for me to not have to buy anything except Poke balls. It really pays off.

For anyone who has trouble with the money situation especially early in the game I have on recommendation: Explore!

You wouldn't believe how many hidden items there are in Reborn. Just do it; talk to the rocks and barrels and boxes.

The Peridot Ward alone had enough hidden items for me to not have to buy anything except Poke balls. It really pays off.

Yes. yes it does!