So I had been think of making my first Pokemon game...[HELP]

BBD

as some of you might know already that I wanna make my own Pokemon fan game but well as the title said"first Pokemon game"or more accurate is my first game ever!it's easy to come up with the idea but it's really hard to plan out the story,I have RMXP but I'm not good with it I though it would be easy and well it's not easy and not hard either but it just complicate how to make the event that kinda stuff I'm not good at it and spriting...I don't have that much creativity in art really even I cant thing what protag gonna look like

so far I start to map the map and well turn out to be a somewhat boring town...I have a sketch of an UN-finish map here

so what I post here for is I gonna ask for help,I need help and advise on how to do this or that and this is what I want now

1.about scripting,I'm still new to RMXP I dont know how to write code like field effect,new item that kinda stuff I go see that one that Jan post on Pokecomunity and well I'm confuse.what?where to write this?how does it work?or even on essential website I'm confuse

2.I don't know how to add gen6.My essential is ver.15.1 lastest version but it don't have gen 6 so how do I add it

3.sprite,as I said before I don't have that much creativity in art so I could used some sprite or tileset

to be honest I don't know if this gave will live or will be my dream forever or even if it live I don't even know if I gonna finish it or not so this is what I tell myself everyday right now "DON'T GIVE UP!" I'll try my best.

I may ask more later if I want to know more,thank for help guy.

Edit:damn my map sketch file is too big...

Edited by BBD

1. Err... don't know about field effects, sorry. You'll have to change stuff in the PBS files for new items and Fakemon and stuff, though.

2. For Gen 6 stuff, ya gotta download a pack. Right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

(For the Battler Sprites, the Gen 6 pack download is broken, because there's no female back sprites, I believe. You'll have to find another one).

3. I kinda fail at spriting, sorry.

Oh that!I have it already but it came with some thing that I dont know that called "Gif to pgn"...what is this is it important? and where do I paste Those file inside?

oh and intro scene is bug somehow

Edit:oh I know why it not work now,it's not auto run

Edited by BBD

What i suggest is maybe ask one of the people that made reborn or rejuvination thats good with this stuff directly in a pm.

Yeah I wanna do that but I dont want to at the same time,what I mean is I dont want to bother them.I know that they have their own game too and must be busy so I dont want to rush and pm them without telling

Maybe if they want to help. pm me so I know that I can contact him/her freely

You can easily look up any of this info to get help with it. Items are added via the external editor, field effects can be created in the pokemon move script, for gen 6 you need to download the gen 6 project or look up the sprites if you want them in 2d to add them manually and edit the pokemon.txt. Gifs aren't compatible with RMXP so you use GIF to PNG to turn it into a png image for use in game.

Read through the Essentials wiki articles carefully and you'll get tutorials and scripts for everything. It's a learning process, you need to do the research yourself to understand it. If you can't even understand basic scripting and eventing, game-making might not be for you. But do read through everything, it will start to make sense with time.

If you can't sprite, use the base sprites or ask someone for help with spriting. But you'll need to learn basic recoloring on your own if you want to make a game. :)

yeah I know about Jan's question on Pokecom already I just donno where to put it since I was just a beginner

also thank Sunbean.I'm finding information on how to do this and that right now

yeah I know about Jan's question on Pokecom already I just donno where to put it since I was just a beginner

also thank Sunbean.I'm finding information on how to do this and that right now

To put it simply, there isn't one specific place to put field effect stuff.

You have to find the appropriate location for each of the effects you want the field to do and have the Conditional.

e.g.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-27%20at%202.07.1

Here we have the base script for raising just the special defense by one stage.

if $fefieldeffects==3 asks 'If the switch for this field effect, Misty Field, is turned on

ret=attacker.pbPartner.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PbStats::SPDEF,1,false) ret, is the value to return after checking the code, the value that is obtained for ret is the 'attacker', which pokemon is doing the attacking on the field? 'pbPartner' find that pokemon's Ally on the field. 'pbCanIncreaseStateStage?' is checking to see if it can actually increase it's stats that much. '(PBStats::SPDEF,X,false)' That's determining which stat, and how many stages. (I'm not entirely sure what false does TBH)

Then you have the else statement which is saying if your conditional is not true, in this case the switch for field effect #3 being active, then this move should function like 'blah', these are the conditions to function at all other times, when that field effect is not on. The only difference being, that the move Aromatic Mist (or any move that increases an Ally's Special Defense, assigned the effect 13A in moves.txt, will function like this.

ON - Increases Ally's SpDef by up to 2 stages

OFF - Increases Ally's SpDef by up to 1 stage.

If you have more questions you're welcome to ask, but I'm probably not the best to explain some of the other things that set that specific thing up.

Originally, within the basescripts that came with Pokemon Essentials it would have just had the increasestatstage by 1 thing, with no if-else statement.

• Developers

You'll find that items and trainers etc can be easily edited in the PBS files rather than the editor when you learn how to, it's much faster that way.

For field effects (since you're a beginner to scripting I assume), you're better off using the existing scripts from Reborn or Rejuv's data folder until you get your head around it some more.

Pokemon Fangames are a dime a dozen these days because of RPGM and Essentials. If you want your game to be worth more than a fraction of a penny then you should probably look into some features or story ideas that have rarely/never been explored before such as morally ambiguous enemy teams and allowing players to choose what they do instead of having them pulled around by the good guys.