So I beat Solaris' Garchomp and

xmysticgohanx

Whether you win or lose against Solaris in the battle at Pyrous Mountain does make a difference in the story a whole while later on.

Whether it's worth the effort or not will be left for you to decide, though.

And who knows, it might have further consequences in episodes to come, but we don't know that yet.

I did it by sending in a Focus Sashed Bibarel and yawning on the first turn, then switching into Cofagrigus and doing power split, then I spam shadow balls (got some spdef drops) till he waked up, did will-o-wisp, switched out to some random, healed Cofragigus, wait till death, send Cofragigus + power split. Rinse and repeat + will-o-wisping when he would full restore, then I spammed hex and I won. I also had Sharpedo in the back w/ aqua jet and a revive just in case.

Edited by xmysticgohanx

Isn't that what I said?

I think that there's a different between damage and health lost. A lvl1 pokemon has like ~11 HP. So if it uses Counter with 1 HP left, then Counter will do ~20 damage (double HP like you said). But If the damage of the attack is actually ~100 HP (if you have enough HP), then the Counter that DarkSpite said will do 200 HP.

Edited by biboo195

Here's a test battle, the damage Counter did after a Garchomp's Dragon Rush:

unjkUZY.png

So unless counter is broken in Reborn, damage should be double THE HP YOU LOST.

The point is that the trick might still work anyway vs Solaris Garchomp, because depending on the amount of HP Sawk has, it should still be enough to K.O Garchomp~

Do people seriously not know how Counter works?

The damage that Counter deals is based on the amount of HP you lose, not the percentage of HP you lose.

As Vinny demonstrated, a Focus Sashed Level 1 Wobbuffet won't OHKO a Garchomp just because it lost all but 1 of its 14 HP.

Or approximate level 45 or higher for a guarantee base HP above if you're too lazy to EV train it in HP.

Edited by Lamona

Or approximate level 39 or higher for a guarantee base HP above if you're too lazy to EV train it in HP.

you need to get it to level 45 with a 31 hp iv and no hp evs. if you have a low hp iv, you might need to get it up to level 50-51. for reference, the level cap at the solaris fight is 45.

wyMxxlv.png

KO6Glop.png

edit: hid imgs because garchomp has more than 270 hp

Oh and on a related note, solaris's garchomp has a few hp evs, a 140 HP sawk counter left it with a sliver.