The Bicycle

Dragon116

I've been meaning to post this for some time now, finally got around to it.

In the regular game, the bicycle is often a trophy of some feat (listening to an old man ramble, helping someone advertise, etc). Reborn made it so dark. Yes, it's still a trophy you get for rescuing a poor trapped policeman, but then you find out that there was only one voucher ever given, and the intended recipient never survived to receive it. Then, to make matters worse, the only reason you get it is because the cop doesn't believe that you actually robbed the whiny shrew inside and wants to make it up to you for "false" accusations. Never felt bad about obtaining a bicycle before. Thanks Ame :feelsgn:

I've been meaning to post this for some time now, finally got around to it.

In the regular game, the bicycle is often a trophy of some feat (listening to an old man ramble, helping someone advertise, etc). Reborn made it so dark. Yes, it's still a trophy you get for rescuing a poor trapped policeman, but then you find out that there was only one voucher ever given, and the intended recipient never survived to receive it. Then, to make matters worse, the only reason you get it is because the cop doesn't believe that you actually robbed the whiny shrew inside and wants to make it up to you for "false" accusations. Never felt bad about obtaining a bicycle before. Thanks Ame :feelsgn:

To be quite honest, I only felt bad when I heard about the girl. I honestly think it is good compensation for having to deal with Craudberry

I already beat the game, I'm just doing another run because I missed a bunch of stuff. I started playing reborn when 15 came out (total luck i found it right after 15 got released tbh). My first run was blind, so I completely missed the bicycle and a ton of event pokes (managed to get ditto however).

As for strength, it wasn't that dark. I was due to get it from Victoria anyways. I can't really remember how you get HM05 so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Wow, I can see why you all hate Cradburry so much. I finally bought all the pokemon from the dealer on 7th street (didn't bother the first time) and it was well worth it. I now feel slightly better about the bicycle, but it's a shame that the original intended recipient never got it.

TMX03 is Surf, TMX05 is Waterfall, TMX06 is Dive. You get surf after you beat Samson and go back to Amy/Tania's house. Dive you have to win in a game from the circus, and Waterfall is given by Blake if you give him the ring, or Aster if you didn't.

Edited by Dragon116

"Wait 'till you obtain HM05" , if it's Waterfall, I don't find it dark or even darker than the bicycle one. I mean, for one it's optional to be given it by Aster, furthermore you're already aware of what happened to Eclipse and Aster giving you the HM doesn't bring up anything imo.

"Wait 'till you obtain HM05" , if it's Waterfall, I don't find it dark or even darker than the bicycle one. I mean, for one it's optional to be given it by Aster, furthermore you're already aware of what happened to Eclipse and Aster giving you the HM doesn't bring up anything imo.

I think they were referring to strength which you almost killed Kiki for.

I think they were referring to strength which you almost killed Kiki for.

Well, that IS why I asked what HM05 is again, though I see people mentioning STR and waterfall up there :i

Can agree to Strength since it is HM05 in the maingames but wasn't sure if people meant HM05 in that sense or the HM05 in reborn, so wellp

Rock Smash and Dive were probably the most benign in terms of obtaining them. Surf was bad (semi resolved in e15), Strength was Kiki's fault (gimmie the damn tm woman!), Waterfall depended on what you did (only bad if you traded the ring for the machine imo), Cut was obtained justly but at a bad time. But the Bicycle makes me feel the worst still.

Well, that IS why I asked what HM05 is again, though I see people mentioning STR and waterfall up there :i

Can agree to Strength since it is HM05 in the maingames but wasn't sure if people meant HM05 in that sense or the HM05 in reborn, so wellp

Strength is HM04 in the main series. What game have you been playing all this time?

Strength is HM04 in the main series. What game have you been playing all this time?

I guess I got no idea , probably been way too long since I played a mainseries pokemon game, notsure why it was somehow engraved in my head that it's 05 :i My bad

Wellp, in that case, can agree STR is quite dark, though it's kinda a different type of "dark" to me. You had to see Kiki die to obtain it, yep, but the bicycle voucher is the "haunting" ominous kind of dark I think, just has a different feel to it for me

And Waterfall, well, I still can't get that one :i I mean, yeah we already witnessed Eclipse and her fate, seeing Aster possibly give you waterfall later on is ?_? idk I just don't feel it, it's disconnected for me. Hell, I believe finding her father and him not wanting to believe his daughter is dead is dark and tragic