Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Question

I wanted to start this thread so that we could all collaborate to find out the gym leaders' items that their Pokemon are holding. I'm assuming that using covet/thief is the only way to get some really powerful battle items that are otherwise not available. I'm personally on the hunt for a Choice Scarf for my Moxie Heracross. Leave any discoveries you've made below! I know that one of Ciel's Talonflame has a Life Orb from my last play through!

5 answers to this question

I'll be honest, I don't think we can steal them via covet/theif for reasons. i recall being trick-ed a Choice Band, it didn't stay with me after the battle.

but as a tip, even the NPCs hold items, especially that clown in agate

You can't steal items from NPCs permanently, only during the battle!
But if you want to know about some held items, Corey's Skrelp has Focus Sash, Fern's Serperior (and maybe Roserade) has Leftovers, in the grand hall a trainer that uses a Weavile has a Choice Band, Noel's Cinccino has King's Rock, many of Serra's pokemon have Brightpowder, many of Radomus pokes have lefties, Luna's Tyranitar has Assault Vest and Bisharp Rocky Helmet, all the clown's pokemon in Agate circus have competitve moveset and items and I'm pretty sure his Flygon is Scarfed, Aya's pokes have Black Sludge and Ciel's Gliscor Toxic Orb.
Of cousre are a lot of more items but these are the top of my head :P