League of Legends Tournament!

Eternal Edge

So I noticed we're starting to get more and more people playing League of Legends here on Reborn, so I was thinking that we have a friendly little competition. A 1v1 tournament of all the people playing! There will be Reborn Rupee prizes, which I will list below, and maybe $10 in Riot Points. The card depends on how many entries [s]and if I have the money to get said points for the winner[/s].

On a minimum the prices will be as follows:

1st Place - 1000 Reborn Rupees
2nd Place - 750 Reborn Rupees
3rd Place - 500 Reborn Rupees

I've also been allowed to award a random entrant 250 Reborn Rupees AND every entrant who plays will get 50 Reborn Rupees as well. All of these amounts have been approved by Ikaru as a minimum prize pool. Dependent on if we get more entries or not the prize pools may get bigger but this is the bare minimum.

The $10 in Riot Points will also be given out to a random entrant because I think it's a little more fair for everyone that way, and everyone has an equal chance at the Riot Points. Again, this prize is dependant not only on how many entrants, but if I have the money available to buy the prize. [color=#ff0000]In order to win the drawing you must attend each of your matches up to the drawing.[/color]

The random drawings will be done via [url="http://www.random.org/"]http://www.random.org/[/url] and will be live casted for 2 witnesses, one who is in the contest and one who is not, they will confirm both the ID's I give to each person before the drawing and the numbers that come up on the drawing itself before it is done.

I realize that some people have been playing longer than others meaning they could have a large advantage over other players. So in order to even this out am also willing to give lessons to the new players of League of Legends so that the competition would be a little more even than how one sided it would be if I did not. While I do not practice a lot of the general concepts myself I do know of them [s]and know I should follow them[/s].

The rules will be as follows:

1) Each player will get 2 bans. (As in banning 2 champions each)
2) Either first blood or first tower kill wins the game.
3) No neutral creep Jungling.
4) Jungle/River/Bush is allowed to be traveled through or used to block line of sight but no neutral creeps are allowed to be killed.
5) Mid-Lane Only.
6) If disconnects, the game will continue and the players can agree/disagree to rematch. If the players cannot come to an agreement I will decide.
7) If a side lane creep wave pushes a tower, match will continue until an inhibitor is destroyed. At which case the match will restart.

Once I get all the entries I will make pairings and arrange days for each to battle since I'll need to spectate each match in order to ensure no rule breaking and such.

I'll make an entry deadline for December 2nd. Anyone wishing to take a lesson from me please send me a PM asap. I'd also like to ask that any questions be sent to me via PM and I will add an FAQ's section as I get them in a post underneath this one.

CURRENT STANDINGS:

Horizon: 3
Rodaku: 5
Amethyst: 5
Ikaru: 9
Hark: 7
Allan: 5
Connor: 9
Wolfie: 5

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the FAQ's section, please make sure to check here before PMing me any questions.

Q: When does the tournament start?
A: On December 3rd I will post the first match-ups.

Q: How long is each round?
A: Unless all tournament matches are over in less than a week each round will last a week.

Q: What if there is a tie?
A: Well, the only way that could happen is if both towers are downed at the exact same time, in which case they'll be a rematch I guess. If for some reason there are 3 rematches the match will then be decided by the random number generator to ensure no one draws out longer than needed.

Q: What if something comes up and I can't make it?
A: PM me and I will try to come up with a solution that benefits both parties.

Q: When will the random drawing be given out?
A: I've decided that the Reborn Rupees will be given out sometime within the tournament, and the Riot Points will be given out in the end to ensure everyone stays in the tournament and doesn't leave as soon as they get the points.

Q: How will you prevent counterpicking?
A: The 1v1 matches will be set up as blind pick. The bans will be decided before the match starts.

Q: How will you directly prevent cheating? There is a delay in the spectator mode and you cannot say anything.
A: Anyone breaking the rules will be disqualified after their match is done. The rules are posted and I am more than willing to answer any questions. There should be no disagreements.

Hark Aoi.
I suggest some of the less experienced players take it to mind that, this being a team game, not all of the champions are oriented for 1v1 play.
Choose wisely ;o

[i][color=#800080]Ikaru here; what Hark means to say is "Everyone buy Akali before the tournament starts!"
...Except not really because we'll just ban her.
<3[/color][/i]

• Administrators
One-sided as it may seem, wynaut enter anyway? I personally can't say I expect to win against Hark or Edge but I have nothing better to do lol
And [s]if you don't like Edge[/s] if you wanna try and learn from more than one person I can volunteer as well (assuming you're not already better than me)... I guess. Not to say I'm that good or anything but most of my skill is stuff anyone can do anyway << >>

[quote name='Ikaru' timestamp='1322302417' post='21096']
One-sided as it may seem, wynaut enter anyway? I personally can't say I expect to win against Hark or Edge but I have nothing better to do lol
And [s]if you don't like Edge[/s] if you wanna try and learn from more than one person I can volunteer as well (assuming you're not already better than me)... I guess. Not to say I'm that good or anything but most of my skill is stuff anyone can do anyway << >>
[/quote]
No one likes me, you know that.

[quote]6) If disconnects, the game will continue and the players can agree/disagree to rematch. If the players cannot come to an agreement[/quote]

Is this sentence ever going to finish? Not that I'm joining I just find it really annoying that that sentence is not finished.

You guys are offering R$? Ok that makes me jelly. You kids and your LoL

[size=1]Maels post reminded me. if you ever want to play World of Tanks withme, Id be more than hapyy to help you out and get you started. Its a little difficult at first, but one you advance it really becomes fun.[/size]

[quote name='crystal_wolf' timestamp='1322778868' post='21203']
HI.
I don't actually frequent here; I was on Reborn like once thanks to a certain two people who know who they are.

But um...yeah. I got dragged into this! So here I am.

Crystal Wolfie. You know who I am, Edge. d:
[/quote]

Who the hell are you?