Advice for new players struggling with Florina's Gym

OfficialPotato

Honestly, just grab a Pancham. It pretty much takes care of Cradily effortlessly. A Fire type, Fearow, and Toxic Spikes Trubbish will curbstomp her harder than Julia with a Marshtomp. The only reason people say she's hard is because of that Cradily because without it, she'd be really, really easy. Back in the days it had Curse instead of Stockpile, that thing could cut right through defenses.

For those of you curious, Cradily no longer carries a grass move. If you're looking to use a Water-type starter here, Cradily would be the one to use it on. Current moveset is Stockpile, Recover, Smack Down, Sandstorm.

Unless it has Storm Drain? I honestly didn't check.

For those of you curious, Cradily no longer carries a grass move. If you're looking to use a Water-type starter here, Cradily would be the one to use it on. Current moveset is Stockpile, Recover, Smack Down, Sandstorm.

Unless it has Storm Drain? I honestly didn't check.

Really? Didn't know. And I think it does have storm drain to counter that . Even so, I think devs should get rid of sandstorm and get a grass move back for Cradily :I

Also, I think it's mildly better if we could also lay out strategies for that accursed Cottonee....

is that the new mon? Still no t-spikes abosrber...

Anyway, while I'm a few battles off this one, I'm intending to use gulpin with encore. Wait until it uses a move other than smack down, and then encore lock it while using acid spray. Seems easy enough.

Any poison type should make it infinitely easier to deal with cottonee. Surprised ame didn't make it a whimsicott instead. Plenty of great poison mons that can tank the initial sand tomb and then KO with a STAB attack. Trubbish, Arbok, Gulpin and Grimer are all good options at this point. Weepingbell and gloom especially as they are neutral to sand tomb and immune to the status conditions/drain effects of leech seed while using a SE, STAB acid.

• 3 months later...

Here's my advice since i struggled so much to beat her. For those who picked water starters know that the starter won't help in anything(I picked Mudkip). Go to Obsedia Slums, the room before the last one and catch 2 Pidoves...level them up to 23 and evolve them to Tranquills and then face her.

It was a piece of cake. I won immediately.

I think she's the easiest leader monoruns aside but on my grass monorun ferroseed was MASSIVELY annoying as he would wall the entire team and pin missile hurts bad . I almost beat her one attempt but then cradily pulled a rabbit out of his ass and scored two crits in a row, which was beyond infuriating.

I ended up having cherubi set up a sunny day against Maractus, then had roselia use growth, use giga drain, then use growth twice more and proceeded to sweep the entire team with giga drain.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex