Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Fighting types

Damage

Question

So it seems that fighting types are pretty scarce (good ones anyway) until you get to agate circus/route 2. Maybe in E15 some early stuff changed but does anyone have any recommendations? Machamp is my favorite fighting type but I've used him on so many runs and he's just too damn good. I maxed his Special def ev or iv (idk) and he killed everything.

12 answers to this question

Scrafty and Conkeldurr are two good options, with Scraggy being available in the Slums (have to fight some Pangoro) and Timburr being a prize in the Agate Circus

And Lucario's an obvious suggestion, with a Riolu egg available via Event.

Others include:

Toxicroak (Corey's croagunk in that mountain by Shade's gym, celestine I think?)

Chesnaught (chespin egg available via 7th street event)

Pangoro (pancham are found in the wild in the same area as Scraggy).

Mienshao (mienfoo in route 4 I think)

Primeape (mankey in the slums, and then mankey/primeape in the aventurine woods)

Hariyama (Makuhita in the Slums early on)

Gallade (Ralts obtainable via event)

Hitmonchan/Hitmontop/Hitmonlee (Tyrogue available via trade, route 1 I think)

Heracross (South Aventurine, need lots of honey, heracronite also available !!)

Medicham (Meditite available via trade, Apophyll I think)

I personally use a Scrafty with Dragon Dance. With it's natural bulk (base 115 on both defenses) it can set up and sweep.

Is there any sort of coverage that you need? Or just fighting in general, since a lot of these guys ^ have handy secondary typings (for instance Chesnaught being the only grass/fighting since Breloom isn't available, Heracross being bug/fighting, Toxicroak poison/fighting, and Scrafty dark/fighting)

Edited by Oracle

Well, useful Fighting types in Reborn are Hawlucha, Hitmonlee, Machamp, Mienshao, Scrafty and Toxicroak (an Lucario is decent), all of which are either later game or need something from later game to really shine. For example, Scrafty is only average if you don't get it Dragon Dance and an actually useful 4th move (ideally one of the punches from Hitmonchan), so you'd need to wait till Route 1. Same for Toxicroak, you can get it really early, but it needs either Bulk Up from Mienshao from Route 2 or Vacuum Wave from Hitmonchan from Route 1 to really stand out. Mienshao, Hawlucha and Hitmonlee can be used pretty much as soon as you get them. The easiest-to-use Fighting type would be Machamp, and you've already got that :/

If you wanna use any of those^^, sets would be, in order:

-Mold Breaker, Max Attack and Speed, Adamant; Acrobatics, SD, High Jump Kick, Dig/Rock Slide (via pre-E13). You could also use a Flying Gem and Unburden, or a Hone Claws set with Bounce.

-Unburden, Max Attack, 100 Speed, rest in HP, Adamant; High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Rock Slide (pre-E13), EQ/Bulk Up (pre-E13). Stack up and a ton of Fighting Gems. The reason for 100 Speed is so that, after Unburden, you outspeed base 110s.

-Skipping cause you're tired of it.

-Reckless, Max Attack and Speed, Jolly; HJK, Knock Off, Poison Jab(pre-E13), Acrobatics.

-Moxie, Max Attack and Speed, Jolly; HJK, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch.

-Poison Jab, Max Defense/HP and Attack, Adamant; Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch. Simple stuff. Poison Jab>Dry Skin cause it gives you a 30% chance to poison with Sucker and Drain Punch, and a 44% chance to Poison Jab.

And alternative would be Dry Skin, Max Speed and Sp.Atk, Modest; Vacuum Wave, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Dark Pulse.

Yeah all those are awesome recommendations I'm just upset that you don't get access to most until Noel or 7th street. Sucks since using Blaziken is so easy its pretty much no fun and thats if you dont ev or iv train.

The ones available before Agate/ 7th street stuff are Scrafty, Pangoro, Hariyama (available from Obsidia) but the best ones are deliberately only available later in the game, and as mentioned before, their best egg moves would only be available much later as well... Of course, if you're super lucky, you have a 1/18 chance of getting Shroomish from the Mystery egg...

Scrafty:God My Moveset lvl 75:HJK Drain Punch Crunch Head Smash(CAN LEARN SO MANY GOOD MOVES VIA BREAD)

Gallade:Nice and Powerful Moveset lvl 73 SD Leafe Blade Close Combat Psycho Cut

Toxicroak: Noice Drain Punch Sucker Punch .......good enough

Hariyama: Tanky and Powerful

Machamp: Havent used it yet but looks like it has a good moveset and some power. HIGH EXPECIATIONS TO U ON MY FIGHTING MONO.

-Poison Jab Touch, Max Defense/HP and Attack, Adamant; Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch. Simple stuff. Poison Jab>Dry Skin cause it gives you a 30% chance to poison with Sucker and Drain Punch, and a 44% chance to Poison Jab.

And alternative would be Dry Skin, Max Speed and Sp.Atk, Modest; Vacuum Wave, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Dark Pulse.

slight correction

The ones available before Agate/ 7th street stuff are Scrafty, Pangoro, Hariyama (available from Obsidia) but the best ones are deliberately only available later in the game, and as mentioned before, their best egg moves would only be available much later as well... Of course, if you're super lucky, you have a 1/18 chance of getting Shroomish from the Mystery egg...

It's entirely possible to obtain Dragon Dance and Drain Punch on Scrafty pre-Agate with the new egg moves that come on most event pokemon.

Hariyama's a really solid fighting type to start off with, not to mention Scrafty and Pangoro being a couple choice picks that I enjoy. There are a number of early available Fighters, you just need to look around and be willing to try 'mons that are often viewed as weak or mediocre.

Sawk and Throh are both available in Pyrous Mountain as of episode 15. Sawk hits hard and fairly fast with the useful abilities Sturdy and Mold Breaker, and Throh has some good bulk with Guts and Mold Breaker as abilities. They also both get Bulk Up as a level up move. However, they both need TMs or move tutors in order to get good coverage, and don't learn any moves from breeding.

Heracross is a really good fighting type but is found quite late, requires a lot of work to get to and comes at level 30. However once it reaches a certain level it is easy to train on route 1. So it is worth considering.