[WIP] BIGJRA's Project: Reborn Elemental Masters

BIGJRA

Druddiggon isn't even THAT bad jeez lol.

But hold up, how in the world did you even beat Flobot with Landon? As far as I know there's only one ground type you can have at that point :/ and none you can actually catch. I'm trying to do a steel/ground dual run ATM and the battle is literally impossible since I only have grotle and klink. Boosted pin missles tear grotle apart and klink can't handle the rest of the team alone. Nidoran is too expensive to have saved up enough cash for at this point, otherwise I'd see how. Did you give yourself money or just got really lucky at the game corner?

Then there's the level cap which made me have to attempt julia like 6 times and keeps costing me losses against fern. Seriously questioning how Landon even got as far as he did.

Headbutt trees...without anybody who knows headbutt :/

and lol that's basically cheating the flip game. I don't want to cheat <_<

but at the same time game corner is like stupidly broken in payout so idk.

Really have no clue what I'll do. Maybe lose enough times to evolve grotle(YEAH RIGHT) then common candy him back down or something. It seems like unless I cheat I'm not winning this battle.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Headbutt trees...without anybody who knows headbutt :/

and lol that's basically cheating the flip game. I don't want to cheat <_<

but at the same time game corner is like stupidly broken in payout so idk.

Depending on the rules of your run, you can catch a Bidoof and get it to L.16 for Headbutt, at least that's what I resorted to.

Hey at least it's more moral cheat-wise than me.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question

How in HELL did you beat Charlotte with a Mono Steel Team?

I'm dying to know.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure it was a matter of getting Trick Room + Rain Dance up, and then honestly I had enough Rock Slide + Earthquake stuff going on that I managed to take her down. Quite ironically, while Charlotte took maybe 3-5 tries, Blake took about 20 with a Mono-steel team.

Oh, and I'm projecting that this whole thing won't be done for at least three years... Thanks, Outside™.

Thanks for the help guys! I finally dismantled the Flobot, although it was kind of a dur moment for me. I just filled the rest of my team with a bunch of klinks and grinded them up. Sheer numbers allowed me to overcome her. Funny how Maractus was the biggest threat.

Thing is, now I have a team of like 5 Klinks. Well 4 now since I got Pawniard out of the mystery egg! Super lucky.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necro-ing, but I'm pulling this project back out after a long period of stagnation! Currently in the middle of two runs which I hope to finish before Episode 16 releases, but I did some planning for character names and specific rules that I think would make a few of the runs interesting, which I put in the spoiler below. Should be fun, especially the bottom three.

Also at some point (it's not really essential at the moment), I will ask someone who has time and kindness :) to hack me in a single Rock, Ice, and Ghost type so I can play through the first few gyms of those types, if anyone has any ideas about which three would be most balanced, right now I'm thinking Vanillite, Roggenrola, and Gastly, but idk yet. Thanks for reading!

The chart is organized by type, starter (~first available replacement), sprite, character name, (special rules).

Steel Piplup Vero BIGJRA

Psychic Fennekin Kuro Lucius

Ground Turtwig Vero Landon

Dragon Treecko Ari Aurum (can use dragon megas)

Bug Tepig~Spinarak Alice Honey (must catch all bugs)

Fighting Chimchar Alice Ronda

Poison Bulbasaur Ari Sarah

Flying Charmander Lucia Aria

Dark Froakie Ari Joker (must fight every possible trainer)

Fire Cyndaquil Decibel MK-1 (cannot use non-held items in battle)

Grass Chikorita Decibel MK-2 (cannot use non-held items in battle)

Water Totodile Decibel MK-3 (cannot use non-held items in battle)

Normal Torchic~Patrat Alice Brittney

Electric Squirtle~Pachirisu Lucia Zapphire (can cheat to maximize money)

Fairy Chespin~Igglybuff Lucia Queen

Rock Oshawott~N/A Kuro Brick (must aim for minimum ‘ship points)

Ice Mudkip~N/A Vero Slick (must aim for maximum ‘ship points)

Ghost Snivy~N/A Kuro Rick (must aim for neutral ‘ship points)

damn steel is my favorite typing and you didnt use the almighty Kling-Klang and escavelier ;_;

Its all on me now :o

If you're down to use Klinklang, go for it! I actually didn't because at the time I had just finished my first non-mono run of reborn up to E14 using Klinklang, so I didn't wanna double up so quickly.

Escavalier is like Bug #26 or something and is significantly... well... significantly less "meh" than most of the previous 25-ish bugs? At the time of Steel it didn't really fit what I needed, but if you wanna see Escavalier's return just wait for that ;)