Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered] Shiny Charm Effect

Zzylard

Question

So, in E15 you can get the shiny charm by entering one of the rooms that you were not able to enter in E14.

In Calcenon City, you can enter the house of the girl who died and the father who is in disbelief. There is a shiny charm on her desk.

Question is, does this shiny charm have the same effect (increase your chance of finding shinies by 300%, reducing the rate from ~1/100 to ~1/33)? Also, are these numbers right?

20 answers to this question

... Did Ame really change Eclipse's name Lindsey to Caitlyn....?

I have no clue. I really wish someone kept a log of the reborn storyline to date; I can't remember names for crap.

Welp, I can't get in the room since I gave Blake the Ruby Ring in EP 14. Everybody has to get it at some point though, right? Like, another battle with Aster somewhere else?

Edited by Chilibunny

Welp, I can't get in the room since I gave Blake the Ruby Ring in EP 14. Everybody has to get it at some point though, right? Like, another battle with Aster somewhere else?

I don't know, I just walked in after I finished ep 15 and the guy didn't stop me.

As far as I remember you end up giving Blake the Ruby Ring either way, the only difference is whether he gives you Waterfall. It is however possible to put the Ruby Ring in the item PC, which will still be there even after the encounter with Blake where he 'takes' it. This is why Ame got rid of the item PC.

Yeh, but if you refuse to give it until the end -> he doesn't give Waterfall -> you battle Aster. I can't enter the room after Ep 15, probably because I didn't battle him.

Wait, I got 2 questions:

-If you don't give Blake the ring, where you can get waterfall? (I normally give him the ring so I can just get waterfall soon)

-Where you battle Aster in ep15? I never found him at all.

Wait, I got 2 questions:

-If you don't give Blake the ring, where you can get waterfall? (I normally give him the ring so I can just get waterfall soon)

-Where you battle Aster in ep15? I never found him at all.

If you don't give Blake the ring, a special event is triggered - where you battle Aster again (possibly for the last time) before challenging Blake in Ametrine.

If you don't give Blake the ring, a special event is triggered - where you battle Aster again (possibly for the last time) before challenging Blake in Ametrine.

Oh, so that's where you get Waterfall if you don't give him the ring?

Edited by pyroice

Oh, so that's where you get Waterfall if you don't give him the ring?

Yep. Considering it seems to also be the trigger to get Shiny Charm from Eclipse's room, not everybody can get it yet. I'd bet everyone can get it later anyway, so it's not that big of deal. Would be weird if you couldn't.

Does Aster give you anything to show to Eclipse's dad to let you in the room? Or why does he allow some people get in? Did he talk with her father afterwards to tell him the news or?

Edited by Chilibunny

Well, I got the shiny charm.. I don't remember what I did though.. Also to be more on point.. I think the shiny charm changes the probability from 1/700 to 1/250 or something.. I'm pretty sure the shiny chance was never 1/100.. I could be mistaken though..

My guess is that the Shiny Charm works, but maybe not tripling the chances. The usual shiny rate in Reborn (700/65536) is already much ~1.07%, it'd be a bit too much if you had a 3% chance to find a shiny IMO.