Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[spoilers] Mysterious Egg

pyroice

Question

Just finished breeding my growlithe and traded to the police officer in beryl and received a tentacool egg.

Tried to soft resetting but it didn't changed. Is totally random the pokemon you receive or is pre-determined? If not, which pokemon can you receive?

Just finished breeding my growlithe and traded to the police officer in beryl and received a tentacool egg.

Tried to soft resetting but it didn't changed. Is totally random the pokemon you receive or is pre-determined? If not, which pokemon can you receive?

the egg is chosen when you create your file!

3p6nCvc.jpg

Half the 'mons you could get are already available later, Tenta is fine. Also Ame hates gen1 water types with a passion, so consider yourself lucky. You'll find a way to make it work, esp against a certain leader with a very tanky ace.

And to think that almost gen1 water mons got criminally nerfed by the special Att/Def split. Ugh.

3p6nCvc.jpg

Half the 'mons you could get are already available later, Tenta is fine. Also Ame hates gen1 water types with a passion, so consider yourself lucky. You'll find a way to make it work, esp against a certain leader with a very tanky ace.

And to think that almost gen1 water mons got criminally nerfed by the special Att/Def split. Ugh.

Hahahaha! Best image.

Well, since tentacool its here, I'm going to make it my best mon so it won't be in vain.

But, btw, which other mons are available in this event? Just curious.

tenta_zpspv217xiy.jpg

Take that, Julia.

There are 18 'mons, mostly dual types, with two or three evo stages, each one representing one type. It's all the limited choices listed in the obtainables list other than Pinsir/Herra and starters, and some good stuff found in the wild or in events beyond Agate. Here's the list.

Also Tenta and Staryu will be in the wild anyway when we get the Super Rod, they're already noted in the Pokedex.

It seems that the egg is determined when you choose your starter. Someone tried saving right before choosing a starter so he could speed run to get the egg, and if it was what he wanted he would reset at the save in the great hall and choose the starter he wanter, but found the egg changed after he chose a different starter.

It seems that the egg is determined when you choose your starter. Someone tried saving right before choosing a starter so he could speed run to get the egg, and if it was what he wanted he would reset at the save in the great hall and choose the starter he wanter, but found the egg changed after he chose a different starter.

That's interesting... So depending on the starter you choose you get a different egg? Or everytime you choose a starter it determines the egg?

Actually, Ame said it's completely random.

The egg picks a variable 1-18 as soon as you pick up your starter so Bepe is correct. Although it technically picks between 0-17, but that is still 18 total and it the variable is just random everytime. If I picked Torchic twice I may still get a different egg.

That's a good theory worth testing that what you get is based on your starter. For instance, I'd like to hear what the Larvesta eggs chose as a starter. If anyone chose Froakie, I'd like to hear what you got, because I need to redo that event. (Got the Azurill from prior)

I know, but I was kinda expecting something more... "Dragonic"... xD

I give this advice a lot but, if you want another "Mystery Egg Pokemon", I would head over to the Trading Thread. Some people shooting for max Pokedex may be on the hunt for Tentacool~

you wanted an Axew didn't you...

What? No... What gave you that idea?

Ok, yes I wanted an Axew. Can't help it, Dragon is my favourite type. I'll take any chances to get one of those when I can. :P

Edited by pyroice