Resetting for abilities/natures

Mukkod

if i evovle something and dont get the ability or nature i want, does resetting do anything? ive tried and im either really unlucky getting the same things thrice in a row or it does nothing.

trying for any decent nature, iron fist hitmonchan so i can give it the punch moves for coverage and make it stronger than usual.

Like Chubb already mentioned, when a Pokemon evolves in this game, and in any proper Pokemon game its predetermined values don't change (gender, nature, ability, IVs, etc.). That's just silly. As far as I know only purification changes these things. If you want Iron Fist then try giving your Pokemon Ability Capsules to rotate its ability around until you get the desired one.

Like Chubb already mentioned, when a Pokemon evolves in this game, and in any proper Pokemon game its predetermined values don't change (gender, nature, ability, IVs, etc.). That's just silly. As far as I know only purification changes these things. If you want Iron Fist then try giving your Pokemon Ability Capsules to rotate its ability around until you get the desired one.

can i buy them or do i have to find them?

The pokemon 's PID is set when you encounter the wild pokemon, obtain the egg, or receive the pokemon. PID sets the nature, ability, IV's and shinyness. The only thing that recalculates PID is purifying a pokemon. Therefore, you can't get a different ability/nature/ivs when hatching or evolving a pokemon. If you have a pokemon that changes ability upon evolution, it never picks a random ability, rather a pokemon's ability is set in the code by a certain number. 0 is the first possible ability, 1 is the second possible ability, and 2 is always the hidden ability.

TL;DR, the first time you see that pokemon, whether it be in a cutscene, battle, or egg, the pokemon's nature, IV's, and ability is set in stone.

Pretty sure ability capsules are scattered around the region, and you cant buy them, but I'm still playing episode 4.

The pokemon 's PID is set when you encounter the wild pokemon, obtain the egg, or receive the pokemon. PID sets the nature, ability, IV's and shinyness. The only thing that recalculates PID is purifying a pokemon. Therefore, you can't get a different ability/nature/ivs when hatching or evolving a pokemon. If you have a pokemon that changes ability upon evolution, it never picks a random ability, rather a pokemon's ability is set in the code by a certain number. 0 is the first possible ability, 1 is the second possible ability, and 2 is always the hidden ability.

TL;DR, the first time you see that pokemon, whether it be in a cutscene, battle, or egg, the pokemon's nature, IV's, and ability is set in stone.

Pretty sure ability capsules are scattered around the region, and you cant buy them, but I'm still playing episode 4.

inb4 i go into this save file and change the value in the PID to what i want. id probably fuck it up tho xD

Yeah I wouldn't recommend that :)

Ability capsules are hidden throughout the map in version 5 and onwards. There are 4 or 5 and some can be lost forever because they're in special maps that you can only access once for an event (team Xen attack for example).

Yeah I wouldn't recommend that :)

Ability capsules are hidden throughout the map in version 5 and onwards. There are 4 or 5 and some can be lost forever because they're in special maps that you can only access once for an event (team Xen attack for example).

noticed that...even when i time machined it was gone lol...preventative measures i guess? oh well

• 6 months later...