Worst move?

For every epic move like Surf and Earthquake, there's always a subpar one to balance it out. So what's that one move you find as useless, weak or just plain bad. For me, its Frustration. It raises in power the more the Pokémon hates you. Not only is that sick, but the fact that almost everything in the game raises friendship makes it near useless.

Is this topic really up to debate? Regardless of only two pokemon capable of learning it, every trainer and person who of at least know Pokemon know that Splash is the worst move. And plus I agree with Frustration considering that Return potentially can become more powerful with max happiness.

I would say Muddy Water considering Surf is just much better. Despite it being a HM it has 100% and hits with the same base power not to mention having greater PP. Muddy Water may have a chance to lower accuracy but it have less accuracy itself and lesser PP. Granted pokemons that can learn it like Goodra who wouldn't be able to use Surf would be beneficial but they might as well just give it Surf considering the latter is greater and similar.

Or change Muddy Water to have greater damage but lower the accuracy a bit more so it can be different and balanced.

Edited by Gentleman's Hat

Constrict; The damage is...incredibly low, and it only lowers speed by one. If I wanted to lower speed I'd use something like Scary Face, Rock Tomb, Sticky Web, anything that causes Paralysis, etc.

Constrict; The damage is...incredibly low, and it only lowers speed by one. If I wanted to lower speed I'd use something like Scary Face, Rock Tomb, Sticky Web, anything that causes Paralysis, etc.

That was almost my most hated move too. Its not even certain that Speed will be dropped. Its a 10% chance. 10%?!

At least Splash doesn't do anything, it's just passively bad.

Teleport, however. It's ACTIVLEY bad. When used against you, it ends in that Abra you spent so long looking for being gone forever. And when you use it yourself, it's as useless as splash. It either does 2 things: If you're in a battle against a wild Pokemon, you escape, which is what would've happened had you clicked "run". And in a trainer battle, it does nothing. It's only real purpose is for its out-of-battle use, which becomes obsolete as soon as you get access to fly.

The good thing about Muddy Water is it wouldn't hit your teammates in Doubles/Triples, unlike Surf. (Accuracy still matters.)

For me, it's Bestow.

Those "Powerful Moves" that only starters can learn (Blast BUrn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon)

Detect... why does that exist when we already got Protect? :I

And... well I think thats it, Splash is completely useless... but so fun to look at [:

Oh, abd Sleep Powder... is just a Spore with lower accuracy...

Frustration can actually be useful in competitive play - to target Choice Scarf Imposter Dittos (but I agree, the aesthetics behind it is quite displeasing)

The worst moves are Splash, Celebrate, Quash and Bestow but personally I really don't like Sing, Hypnosis or Supersonic. They have terrible accuracy, so I always miss those attacks - but they always seem to work for my opponent.

From moves that are intended as a joke or to be useless on the first place, I'm obviously going to say splash, celebrate and hold hands. I mean, c'mon, if these moves do virtually nothing, you can't expect them to ever be good or bad. Being good or bad would be a privilege for these moves.

From attacking moves, I'd say pretty much all moves of less than 35 base power. Not only are they weak, but for some reason they also got 85% accuracty to boot, I mean why? why would you make a move like fury swipes have 85acc? are you afraid that with 100%acc it would be OP? well sadly, not even then it would be anything more than a weak move. The list includes: double slap, constrict, fury swipes, take down, bind, fury attack, leech life, wrap, poison sting, comet punch, abosrb, bubble, rage, mud-slap, and to some extent, twin needle, pin missile, and all those with 25 base power but that at least have more than one it.

From status moves, I'd say quash, imprison, me first (you never get lucky with it), sing (wouldn't be here if it wasn't for horrible 55% accuracy), hypnosis (was it too much to let it have 75-85% accuracy?), kinesis (same thing for the accuracy), spite (have you ever used it, honestly?), memento (I mean, you could have it be like curse and cut your HP to half, but having you to actually die for it? if you're gonna die this move could at least lower the opponent's stats three stages or four...), snatch (never, ever got lucky predicting with this one), bestow, grass whistle (that accuracy dammit), and I'm sure I'm forgetting some..

Edited by zimvader42

Frustration is actually a good move in competitive. Take Down has a 90BP, not less than 35, so it could work if Double-Edge wasn't a thing. Memento is cool for suicide leads, plus if you could, you would use it twice. This doesn't work with Curse, as the opponent cannot be cursed twice.

Not worthless, as they do their work, but infuriating because there's always something better available everywhere are moves like: Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap (which ironically can hit up to 5 times), and Sing because there's another sleep inducing move without perfect coverage; Hypnosis which is also bad. Hypnosis doesn't need to have 100% Acc because Sleep is not the same as Burn or Paralysis. That's the same reason you don't have a 100% Acc Freeze.

Useless would be Bubble, Leech Life, Astonish, Absorb ... and Mega Drain, since the superior in every way Giga Drain exists.

Let's look at Flame Burst.

It's weaker than Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, and even Lava Plume. The one big whopping bonus plus unique to it? It takes 1/16 of adjacent pokemon's health. That is typeless damage, mind you so it does have that interesting fact, but it is still useless. If you want to hit something, use Flamethrower. If you want to kill something, use Fire Blast. If you want to hit two somethings, use Heat Wave.

Not helpful at all and, to make it all worse, it reminds me of Pansear and how much I hate his useless self.

I find Focus Punch so useless. 9 out of 10 times you will get hit and just lose yor turn. And even the 1 time it will hit it doesn't seem to be so powerfull for some reason! I gues it can be taught by many pokemon, but thats it.

Every time an opponent uses Natural Gift on me, it doesn't work. I don't know what it does, but it seems to only work in one or two extremely specific conditions that are almost never met.

Natural gift needs the user to be holding a berry. If this is the case, the berry is consumed and natural gift will deal normal type damage according to the type of berry (dunno which berries deal the most damage tho). It has the same problem as belch IMO: if you're holding a berry you will expect to use it for something else rather than in a normal type move that isn't even that powerful to begin with (I think the most powerful it will get is 100BP, and it is good, yes, but at the cost of losing your berry, not receiving STAB if you're a grass type, and dealing a type damage that is neutral on everything except ghost). Belch is poison type and only requires the consumption of one berry, but still, there are better poison type moves

Take Down has a 90BP, not less than 35, so it could work if Double-Edge wasn't a thing.

Memento is cool for suicide leads, plus if you could, you would use it twice. This doesn't work with Curse, as the opponent cannot be cursed twice.

Not worthless, as they do their work, but infuriating because there's always something better available everywhere are moves like: Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap (which ironically can hit up to 5 times), and Sing because there's another sleep inducing move without perfect coverage; Hypnosis which is also bad. Hypnosis doesn't need to have 100% Acc because Sleep is not the same as Burn or Paralysis. That's the same reason you don't have a 100% Acc Freeze.

Useless would be Bubble, Leech Life, Astonish, Absorb ... and Mega Drain, since the superior in every way Giga Drain exists.

Lol I meant barrage (that sign.move of Exeggcutor), dunno why I said take down. Maybe I was thinking of the 85% accuracy and got carried away? still take down is a shitty move in my opinion, but at least it deals some damage.

Dunno what you mean about memento "if you could, you would use it twice"; you die, so you can never use it twice as far as I know (you meant with two mons knowing it?). You can curse your opponent twice, but if it can't hit you or switch and you have leftovers (this is hypotetical scenario only) it will die and you will recover HP, so you'll be able to use curse at least another time (assuming u a ghost lol). If memento worked the same way, you could maybe survive a hit from your enemy whose stats have been lowered two or three stages, and recover as much HP as possible afterwards, or swtich out. It has its uses as it is, but I still consider it would be more useful the way I describe it (although something similar already exists, called parting shot, but parting shot forces you to switch).

Hypnosis acc being 100% would be atrocious, I agree: that's why I said I'd like it with 70/85% accuracy (I think there was a gen in which they made it 75% accuracy and then changed it back to 60%). It will be more viable, yet you'll play on luck regardless, but your luck has greater chances of being GOOD luck, as with 60% acc of hypnosis and 55% acc of grass whistle and sing you're most likely to have BAD luck.