Which Monorun Should I Attempt?

zareason

Stuck between choosing fighting/ground/poison for a monotype run.

If it wasn't for my concern of Chespin not being be able to solo Julia i would have gone with fighting, but as you can see i am undecided. Poison seems fun with a lot of options, especially with a nidoking/nidoqueen. Though i find that fighting and ground have more mixed types with fire/grass/ice/poison combinations. Any suggestions on what's the funnest/most challenging?

Game.rxdata

Edited by zareason

Poison is by far the easiest of those 3. I don't think Fighting would do too badly, but I have no idea how it would fare against Ciel, very badly is what I'm guessing. Ground limits you to using a Turtwig, Onix and Wormadam against Florinia.

You could also do a sort-of Monorun by using only things of a certain type and whatever starter of some other type.

Poison is by far the easiest of those 3. I don't think Fighting would do too badly, but I have no idea how it would fare against Ciel, very badly is what I'm guessing. Ground limits you to using a Turtwig, Onix and Wormadam against Florinia.

You could also do a sort-of Monorun by using only things of a certain type and whatever starter of some other type.

Who is ciel? And do you think it's possible to beat Julia just with the starter?

Ciel is the flying leader who's not fight able in e14 quite yet. If you're willing to use potions it's certainly possible, if not you're in for a fun ride in getting lucky land.

Fighting mono is mad easy. Flew by even Radomos with no problems. Only bad part is your best defended fighter is Lucario who doesn't come in until the end of 14 when he can't help. Ground I think will be fun but hard against maybe Aya and Sierra. Poison just straight up sounds like fun.

Do a fairy mono run. if you use an older version you can get Ralts, then you can get a cleffa or Igglybuff. Then you can get a fairy pokemon from the candy shop and the shop in Lapis where you can by grass incense.

Do a fairy mono run. if you use an older version you can get Ralts, then you can get a cleffa or Igglybuff. Then you can get a fairy pokemon from the candy shop and the shop in Lapis where you can by grass incense.

But i don't like the fairy type :P. If i'm moving away from fighting it's either going to be flying/poison.