Rejuvenation Viability Rankings (WIP)

Ooh, a new format! I like how there's still half of the Pokemon analyzed by me!

BTW, in D rank, Furret should be second, if we're going by alphabetical order.

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest rankings.

Today we bring you a new segment, known as The Abyss of Pokemon! Here we'll discuss Shadow Pokemon! And today's is everyone's some people's favorite palindrome, Girafarig! Perhaps this thing is decent enough for a B or B- Rank?

Girafarig is a pretty decent Pokemon overall, with decent offenses and speed and slightly lower decent defenses and HP. It actually could be mixed, with an Attack just a bit lower than that Special Attack. Combine that with any of its Abilities, although Sap Sipper is the one that helps out the most, and this Pokemon could be useful! Its purification move, Flamethrower, gives it decent coverage, along with nice STABs Zen Headbutt or Psychic and Double Hit as well as other coverage moves like Crunch. There's Nasty Plot to boost your Special Attack, Agility and Baton Pass to help increase the speed of another sweeper, and if you really want to be creative, perhaps you could make use of tutor moves Power Swap and Guard Swap with Baton Pass. I personally wouldn't breed, since you can't get Flamethrower on bred Girafarigs, but Wish, Razor Wind, Amnesia, Skill Swap, Mirror Coat, and Future Sight are all usable moves. As for battles, this Pokemon could definitely be useful against Crawli and Angie, utilizing that purified Flamethrower of its. It also could potentially be used for Valerie. Agility+Baton Pass is completely viable, as said before, and it could definitely help a Pokemon sweep any of the Gym Leaders that Girafarig is available to use against.

I like repeating decent.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this counts as a double post, but since the thread has been updated again, here's the updated list of Pokemon that haven't been ranked yet: (Feel free to add this to the main post, Red's Charizard!)

Bold users have done the Pokemon.

Blastoise (Vince)

Butterfree

Beedrill

Pidgeot

Raticate

Fearow

Arbok (Azery, CAN'T DO)

Raichu

Sandslash

Crobat

Vileplume

Bellossom

Parasect (Vinny, y u no add?)

Dugtrio

Persian

Golduck

Poliwrath

Victreebel

Golem (Cepheus)

Farfetch'd

Dodrio

Onix/Steelix (?)

Hypno

Exeggutor

Marowak

Seaking

Meganium

Noctowl

Ledian

Ariados

Ambipom

Sunflora

Quagsire

Girafarig (did it)

Forretress

Shuckle

Ursaring

Corsola

Octillery

Delibird

Sceptile

Mightyena

Beautifly

Dustox

Shiftry

Masquerain

Slaking

Ninjask

Shedinja (Female Gallade)

Nosepass

Delcatty

Aggron

Manectric

Plusle

Minun

Volbeat

Illumise

Swalot (Gulpin was ranked, but not Swalot)

Torkoal

Grumpig (Somebody do this please. T-T I haven't used this one yet, so I don't know...)

Spinda

Lunatone

Solrock

Whiscash

Crawdaunt

Claydol (SexyMilotic)

Feebas (perhaps we'll wait for Milotic)

Castform

Kecleon

Tropius

Chimecho

Walrein

Luvdisc

Bibarel (technically we only did Bidoof, but the rank will probably be the same)

Kricketune

Wormadam

Mothim

Floatzel

Drifblim

Lopunny

Chatot

Spiritomb

Carnivine

Watchog

Simisage

Simisear

Simipour

Zebstrika

Gigalith

Crustle

Scolipede

Gothitelle (Reverse)

Sawsbuck (Me)

Karrablast

Shelmet

Amoongus

Klinklang

Chesnaught

Delphox

Pyroar

Furfrou

Spritzee (soon to be Aromatisse)

Barbaracle

Dedenne

Carbink

Trevenant (Biboo)

Avalugg

Feel a bit undermined as I ranked Ludicolo, Mamoswine & Malamar first :(

Yeah, but you still have quite a few posts up there! Don't give up! You guys need it if you want to beat my number of rankings, hehe.

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest Rankings! Today we'll be talking about the majestic seasonal Pokemon, Sawsbuck, for B Rank. Let's get to it!

sawsbuck_all_season_by_ericamcding-d4868

Sawsbuck is a cool early Pokemon, with the abilities Chlorophyll (perhaps on a Sun team), Sap Sipper (raises its great Attack even more and gives it a second immunity), and Serene Grace (which isn't recommended looking at its moves). It has very nice Attack and Speed, so Sawsbuck's purpose is pretty obvious. Some moves worth considering here are Horn Leech and Double Edge (two STABs), Leech Seed, Charm, and Aromatherapy (support), Nature Power (for the fields), and Jump Kick, Megahorn (relearn), and Feint Attack (coverage). It also gets Agility (+ Baton Pass) by breeding, for extra Speed or to pass along to another team member. As for battles, this Pokemon is great for Marianette (Jump Kick), Narcissa (it's immune to Ghostly Wail and other Ghost type moves), and Valerie (watch out for Ice Beam!). Sadly, this Pokemon is weak against Venam, Keta, Crawli, and Angie, but Sawsbuck is still a great Pokemon and makes it to a decent ranking!

Let's try finishing up the Shadow Pokemon. 4 left are left...

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest Rankings, this time with The Abyss of Pokemon! This morning we'll be ranking the fake tree that hates water, Sudowoodo, for A-/A Rank!

A_Sudowoodo_appears_by_BombOPAUL.jpg

Sudowoodo is a heavy hitter, with a great Attack and Defense and decent Special Defense and HP, two nice abilities (there's a third that isn't so good) being Sturdy (just in case) and Rock Head (which compliments some of its moves), and its purify move, Shift Gear, to boost its already amazing Attack and lackluster Speed (but don't count on this to make Sudowoodo can outspeed Pokemon). Along with Shift Gear, it gains access to Wood Hammer (no recoil with Rock Head), Rock Slide or Stone Edge (two best STABs), Sucker Punch, Low Kick/Counter, and Hammer Arm (it's not like Sudowoodo is that fast anyways). If you wanted to breed one, which you really shouldn't because there's no more Shift Gear, there's Self-Destruct, Stealth Rock, and Curse opened up to you. As for battles, this Pokemon can be received before Keta, so it's useful against Marianette (Low Kick or Counter are good moves), Narcissa (Sucker Punch), Crawli (obviously, Rock Slide/Stone Edge away), and Angie (same for Crawli). Before you even attack in any of these Gyms, however, always remember to Shift Gear up!

Also, since I have a bit more time, let's talk about one of the fastest Pokemon alive, Rapidash, for A-/A/A+ Rank!

01-02-13-rapidash.jpg

Rapidash being a horse, has amazing Speed and Attack, and also decent stats everywhere else. It has Flash Fire (to power up Fire moves and give it an immunity) and Flame Body (in case you want a source of burns). The Pokemon has a great movepool too, with a purify move of Aqua Jet (priority and coverage), Megahorn (reteach) and Poison Jab (reteach) and Bounce (all coverage), and Flare Blitz and Fire Blast (both are good STABs, but Flare Blitz is preferred for obvious reasons). On the breeding side, you may sacrifice Aqua Jet for moves like Low Kick, Thrash, Hypnosis, Horn Drill, and in the future, Morning Sun. For battles, being available after Valerie but before Crawli, use this for Crawli and Angie, since Flare Blitz destroys most of their Pokemon.

Let's try finishing up the Shadow Pokemon. 4 left are left...

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest Rankings, this time with The Abyss of Pokemon! This morning we'll be ranking the fake tree that hates water, Sudowoodo, for A-/A Rank!

A_Sudowoodo_appears_by_BombOPAUL.jpg

Sudowoodo is a heavy hitter, with a great Attack and Defense and decent Special Defense and HP, two nice abilities (there's a third that isn't so good) being Sturdy (just in case) and Rock Head (which compliments some of its moves), and its purify move, Shift Gear, to boost its already amazing Attack and lackluster Speed (but don't count on this to make Sudowoodo can outspeed Pokemon). Along with Shift Gear, it gains access to Wood Hammer (no recoil with Rock Head), Rock Slide or Stone Edge (two best STABs), Sucker Punch, Low Kick/Counter, and Hammer Arm (it's not like Sudowoodo is that fast anyways). If you wanted to breed one, which you really shouldn't because there's no more Shift Gear, there's Self-Destruct, Stealth Rock, and Curse opened up to you. As for battles, this Pokemon can be received before Keta, so it's useful against Marianette (Low Kick or Counter are good moves), Narcissa (Sucker Punch), Crawli (obviously, Rock Slide/Stone Edge away), and Angie (same for Crawli). Before you even attack in any of these Gyms, however, always remember to Shift Gear up!

Also, since I have a bit more time, let's talk about one of the fastest Pokemon alive, Rapidash, for A-/A/A+ Rank!

01-02-13-rapidash.jpg

Rapidash being a horse, has amazing Speed and Attack, and also decent stats everywhere else. It has Flash Fire (to power up Fire moves and give it an immunity) and Flame Body (in case you want a source of burns). The Pokemon has a great movepool too, with a purify move of Aqua Jet (priority and coverage), Megahorn (reteach) and Poison Jab (reteach) and Bounce (all coverage), and Flare Blitz and Fire Blast (both are good STABs, but Flare Blitz is preferred for obvious reasons). On the breeding side, you may sacrifice Aqua Jet for moves like Low Kick, Thrash, Hypnosis, Horn Drill, and in the future, Morning Sun. For battles, being available after Valerie but before Crawli, use this for Crawli and Angie, since Flare Blitz destroys most of their Pokemon.

It makes me uncomfortable that Rapidash can learn Aqua Jet.

But then, Pokemon logic.

Red's Charizard, you may not have put these in for a reason, but if you simply forgot to put them in, here!

Slowbro for B rank to B+ rank. Sporting some gnarly defensive stats of 95 HP 110 Defense and 80 Special Defense this thing will stay around for a while, especially with Regenerator. Not to mention that it isn't just a tank, it's a cannon. Sporting the title of Big Bertha on my team, Slowbro dishes out Psychics and Surfs easily with it's great base special attack stat of 100. It's weaknesses are rather harmful to it, but it's nothing that can't be shrugged off by two of it's best utility moves, Slack Off and Amnesia. Being bulky isn't enough for you? Amnesia will increase your special defense to strikingly high levels quickly and paired with your HP and and already high defense, Slowbro will not die. Need to heal without Regenerator? Slack Off heals 50% of your HP and with your already high as hell defenses, you will not die... Although the reason Slowbro is held back from S or A rank is the fact that it is slow :[

I've got one now and it's one that even with the crappy moves it gets managed to be good in my team all the way;Arbok

Spr_4h_024.pngB+ to A- rank.

Looking at its stats,its very Physically oriented yet it only gets Gunk Shot at like level 62 or something,even with this it has Intimidate which allows it to bulk physical hits very easily. Add Glare and Stockpile to this and you have a very potent tank which can dish out some good damage with Acid Spray which lowers the opposing pokemon's special defense down by 2 stages making for some decent stab and Crunch which hits Psychics for SE damage. If you want more coverage/more offensive approach,you could get The Elemental fangs through Move Relearner and it also Gets Coil at level 56 so it can do some really good physical damage with Gunk Shot. All in all a really good pokemon early game and can be reliable even further on.

Breloom : B Rank

Moves :

Spore

Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb

Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch

Substitute/Bulk Up/Rock Tomb

It's pretty good against Angie even with his weakness to ice if you can pull out one Spore and then Substitute you can basically sweep her team with this combo again and again...

Personally i have a Scolipede in my team so i run him with Bulk Up but Spore and Substitute can do the work but be sure to beat the Abomasnow first since it's not affected by Spore.After that just Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch everything.

Even without Rock Tomb i think Breloom can still do some damage to Amber team and later on be really useful against Saki and Adam.

Agreed, but i'd rather put it as B+ rather than B. Technician breloom with stab damage mach punch and a black belt wrecks, plus seed bomb stab damage helps out a ton with valarie. Also packs a punch (hehehe) against angie.

my own moveset for breloom is

- Seed bomb

- Sky uppercut

- Mach punch

- Dynamicpunch

Honestly if you manage to train it to a decent level it can deal heavy blows to any types weak against fighting. It dies pretty fast though, so I wouldn't put it anything above a B+, but it sure as hell is a good pokemon to have for dealing out quick damage, and having stab damage on mach punch can just save your life considering it's a priority move.

Venomoth for B-/B Rank:

While Venomoth's use in competitive battling (Quiver Dance + Baton Pass) doesn't work in this game as well, Venomoth does get some decent moves, combined with decent Special Attack and Speed as well as the ability Tinted Lens which can help Venomoth's offense against Pokemon it's NVE to quite a bit. It has Sleep Powder and Disable, Signal Beam, Zen Headbutt and Poison Fang (both are physical, which suck, but Poison Fang is best STAB), Psychic, and Bug Buzz and finally Quiver Dance at a late level. By breeding, it can get Baton Pass, but as stated before, it's somewhat difficult to pull one off and is therefore not usually worth it. It also can get Giga Drain and Toxic Spikes. For battles, Venomoth is excellent for Keta (since it gets Psybeam around the time as a Venonat). This Pokemon is also decent in any other Gym, as long as it's fast enough to outspeed anything that can hit hard. After a Sleep Powder, feel free to use any move you'd like, since it has plenty of coverage!

I'd like to suggest GOLEM for A Rank! (or at least B Rank)

seriously Golem was the MVP for me for Crawlis and Angies Gym!

three words: STURDY STEALTH ROCKS

No matter what the enemy does... well except multi-hit super effective moves... Golem will stand it's ground and it WILL get those stealth rocks out and absoluteley cripple the enemy team!

For now, we have: Crawli, Angie and Marianette (Swellow) that gets super crippled... and we will get more: Amber as the fire-leader (I assume), Flying-leader, Tesla (Fire-Elite 8 ... dat Talonflame will like instantly die...)

and it learns Earthquake as a bonus!

Golem is a pretty bulky physical attacker, which it's two main STAB moves EQ and Stone Edge happen to be, sadly it get's totally wrecked by any special water or grass move instantly due to it's low SP.Def and double weakness... but thats wat sturdy is for!

and Graveler is the boss against the Dimensional Rift Galvantula... they can do NOTHING about it while you prepare Rock Polish and stomp them with Rollout!

Red's Charizard, you may not have put these in for a reason, but if you simply forgot to put them in, here!

Slowbro actually is in there, listed in A- rank. I'll get to work on the rest, though.

EDIT: Updated with the following:

Sudowoodo = B

Rapidash = A-

Brelooom = B

Venomoth = B

Mawile = C

I can't rank Arbok yet, since it gets all the viable moves above the current level cap.

Anyway, it seems that posts do have a content limit - I got a CONTENT_TOO_LONG error. This does force me to erase the D rank, in order to create space for viable Pokemon.

Edited by Red'sCharizard

Oh, right. Forgot about that. You may want to start another topic that just contains the rankings with a post on each rank and have this just be the suggestion thread.

Example format:

Topic Post: Instructions and stuff (and maybe use my list), Link to this thread

Next Post: S Rank

Next Post: A+, A, A- Ranks

And so on...

okay using Xatu in my recent playthrough since you can get it pretty early it solo's the fighting leader with air cutter high special attack and it had enough to out speed all of his pokes, i had it sweep him, i can also confirm his teleport does work, overall a decent poke it should be a couple ranks above where it is as its really useful

okay using Xatu in my recent playthrough since you can get it pretty early it solo's the fighting leader with air cutter high special attack and it had enough to out speed all of his pokes, i had it sweep him, i can also confirm his teleport does work, overall a decent poke it should be a couple ranks above where it is as its really useful

As much as I wanna agree to this, and I like Xatu, I have to say no to this.

Yeah, Xatu is very useful on Fighting Gym, but that's about it. Also, Swoobat can do better than Xatu does because it's faster.

There's more reason why I disagree, but that's the main reason.

Gothitelle for B- Rank

Gothitelle is a really good pokemon with a base sp.def of 110 and sp.atk of 95 and some really interesting moves,you can get a Gothita in the 3rd "gym" with her high sp.def she can take many special attacks.

But let's talk about why i choose her, her moves ! Her most valuable moves are Embargo,Psyshock,Psyko and Magic Room.Embargo and Magic Room are really good against gym leaders and boss battles because they keep them from healing !

Embargo and Magic Room are pretty similar but in my opinion Embargo is much useful since it prevent the opponent to use held item and heal himself and they can't switch out with Shadow Tag...

In overall Gothitelle is a good trapping pokemon but can't do anything against Narcissa and Crawli.

...I did... It's not on the list anymore? :(

I can't see it. I've triple checked the list, since i didn't understand the reason why such a good pokemon wasn't on the list. What was your rank for Roserade ?

Here it is (it's on page 3).

Roserade for A- Rank (Completely ignore if we don't have Shiny Stones yet; I don't know.):

Roserade has three great Abilities, an excellent Special Attack and Special Defense, and a decent Speed. It also has great moves like Giga Drain and Petal Dance as well as supportive moves like Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, and Synthesis. Sadly, no Poison type moves... Either way, she's a beast for taking down most Gym Leaders, exceptions being Angie (duh) and Crawli. For the rest, she can set up Toxic Spikes and Leech Seed, do some damage, and heal. She's best in battles such as Valerie.

Edited by berlyda

Has anyone done Venasaur, Blastoise, or Serperior yet?

Venusaur (me) and Serperior (Chubb) are on the list, but Blastoise isn't. Do Blastoise if you want

Shedinja for S or A+ Tier

Why? Shedinja naturally walls around 90% of the leaders teams which are in game after Nincada is available. I found myself when I was unable to beat the doubles battle with Venam and Saki, I used a Shedinja. Aside from Drapion neither of them were able to even come CLOSE to touching it. Of course there's the downside of getting hit by status but that doesn't seem to be a very common thing in Rejuvenation.

Move set:

Double Team, Dig, Phantom Force/Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball, Metal Claw/Confuse Ray

This set revolves around PP stalling your opponents which can't touch it, in the correct circumstances such as against the Water Leader Valarie, this Shedinja acts as an automatic win condition and with Phantom Force/Dig it can dish out very respectable damage whilst accumulating maximum wasteage of PP from your opponent. In short, this Pokemon can automatically win against opponents leaders when specific threats are taken out and in different circumstances doesn't even need threats to be taken out for it. Furthermore, with Double Team you can set up on a Pokemon that can't touch you and then perhaps take out another Pokemon further in the team that normally could OHKO you. Metal Claw is used as a move which can boost your attack, since Shedinja will be alive for long periods of time it's easy to spam this move for an attack boost since Swords Dance currently isn't in game. (If swords dance is implemented, swap this for Swords Dance.) Confuse Ray is also a viable move so you can get some residual damage if your opponent hits themselves, if Will o Wisp is implemented as TM, replace this for Will O Wisp.

tl;dr Shedinja can wall entire teams with no effort when used correctly, personally I think it should be taken out of the game for being too good.